Audis in the park - Sunday 12th August

Got my ticket in the post last week, also got reminded of the date... same weekend as a stag do in Spain that I've got to go to. Was booked last minute without my knowledge so looks as though I'm not going to be able to make AITP now.

My housemate has a pristine sliver A5 and was quite keen on attending so I've said he can have the ticket providing that's allowed?

Got my ticket in the post last week, also got reminded of the date... same weekend as a stag do in Spain that I've got to go to. Was booked last minute without my knowledge so looks as though I'm not going to be able to make AITP now.

My housemate has a pristine sliver A5 and was quite keen on attending so I've said he can have the ticket providing that's allowed?

That's fine mate.

Think I may take a drive up and have a look, as Im new to the audi scene, be good to get some ideas

At these events, do the traders accept any cards or is it all cash? Just looking at wheel wax, wash mits and snow kits etc.

Hi, just replied to the link hope its not too late to add my name / car on the stand ... A4 B7 s line

Yea I will be there, my mate also with his slammed and rimmed R8 should also tag along with me too.

Just added my name to the list on the other thread. Got my Audi 2 weeks ago so should be a nice welcome to the Audi scene for me. Be good to put some names to faces etc. See you all soon.

Azeem - Sprint Blue A4 B7

I hope to be there. It will be my first time like a fair few. As I will be coming in my RS3 in convoy with the Yorks & Humberside Group, in case I get separated I just want to check. As I will be paying on the gate I will be asking to be pointed to AIP, then the Audi-Sport stand.
I also believe each group will have their own stand e.g. Yorks & Humberside, is this correct? Then will all the cars then be grouped again by model?
Also I know there is not meant to be any snobiness, but do the cars need to be in mint condition? I only ask as I have minor alloy damage, but at the moment I'm not in a rush to get fixed. Car runs fine, brake disks slight rust issue, but drives fine.

"in case I get separated" - in an RS3? :ninja:

As regards the other practical matters... Yep, just rock up to Wicksteed Park, pay at the gate and follow signs to Audis In The Park. Once you drive into the show field ask to be pointed to the Audi-Sport.net stand. Naturally, as you've got a dinged alloy, you'll be invited to park at the back of the stand - in the queue for the giant paper bags ;) Don't worry! We're NOT that type of bunch... We're the definition of a broad church; we'll have a range of cars from absolutely perfect show & shine contenders to some faithful old warhorses. As usual, my own (different this year) is somewhere in between.

I look forward to pointing at your alloy for most of the day! ;) [I'm on variously salt-rashed splits, just btw]

All the best,

Rob.

Is anybody traveling there on Saturday and staying over night?

So whats the plan for layout this year? Same as last where we have A/S3's one side and A/S/RS4's the other?

We've got an overall layout in mind (see pic below), but grouping (or otherwise) isn't set in stone - we'll aim at getting it all as tidy as possible on the day, but as usual there has to be a bit of flexibility in it to allow for situation on the ground and timing of arrivals.

It would be immensely helpful if upon arrival at our corner of the field you could make yourself known to those waving their arms around in a marshally sort of a way (we should be obvious enough, and nobody bites) - if our patch is congested with arrivals we'd appreciate it if members could make their way toward the point at which cars are currently being lined-up as neatly as possible (if you line-up to be lined-up, lining-up is a whole lot quicker!) and bear with us for a minute or three - we'll get to you as soon as we can [read: please don't just abandon your car and wander off around the field].

Also: we may at some points during parking-orchestration look like we're flapping. We probably will be - there are a thousand (or more) things which can and do cause seat-of-the-pants plan-realignment. There are even more which could potentially cause it to go out of the window. Again, please be patient and help us where you can (the BEST way you can, is to remember that we're taking a f**kload of cars and it's going to be [organised] chaos - and give us room for manoeuvre).

Thanks and regards,

Rob.

AITP Arc Layout
(clicky biggy)

Without sounding too cheeky about it...

Is anybody going to be bringing VCDS (HEX+CAN+USB) along, as I'd like to hook it up and get some adaptations enabled/changed on the new motor. It doesn't matter if you're new to using it either as I've had a look through the Ross-Tech website and they seem fairly straight forward. I have used VCDS in the past before on my Golf too. With regards to payment, I'm sure we could work something out on the day? :hi:

Azeem (Sprint Blue B7 A4 Quattro)

Is anybody going to be bringing VCDS (HEX+CAN+USB) along, as I'd like to hook it up and get some adaptations enabled/changed on the new motor. It doesn't matter if you're new to using it either as I've had a look through the Ross-Tech website and they seem fairly straight forward. I have used VCDS in the past before on my Golf too. With regards to payment, I'm sure we could work something out on the day? :hi:

I will be mate. The cable is always in my glovebox so I'll just bring my laptop along too.

I'll be bringing mine as well if Westy doesn't make it due to being too hungover.

Again, I keep the cable in the golvebox.

all, a few quick questions I have for the weekend...

Does the show have an outside car park and then all the show cars inside, or is it more everyone just parks in a field and walks round!?

Also, I've put my name down on the audi-sport stand list... If I parked there but wanted to leave mid afternoon, will I be ok getting out from there?

cheers

Yes there is general parking for other makes of cars :)

If you let us know that you might want to leave we will try and make sure you can get out. I hope with the layout we are doing that any car can get out if it wants at any time.

A

So my car has been vacuumed and cleaned, and parked back in the garage ready for this.
I think its a bit like Haleys Comet....only happens every few years

I'll be coming on the sunday, but don't think my car will look good in the ASN stand, I'll park it off to the side.