Audis in the Park 2017! - Convoys

anyone coming down from manchester way tomorrow, midday ish? im setting off from J36 M6 at 11am

Maybe a little late although I was thinking we leave bang on 8! Don't want to be stuck in the initial queue after gates first open :) I've looked af traffic and it says 1h15 to 1h30 so I think we'll be good! You should join us, will be a great drive up there if there's a few of us :p I do indeed seem to be the main guy with this organisation haha (not that I mind)

I think I will join, don't mind leading if I must but I'd rather hang back and be chilled ;) Well I will aim to be at the services by 7:45, so we shall leave bang on 8?

I think I will join, don't mind leading if I must but I'd rather hang back and be chilled ;) Well I will aim to be at the services by 7:45, so we shall leave bang on 8?
Good lad! Haha that's fine with me, I'm easy going. I've kind of got this organised so I'm chill with whoever wants to lead :) I'm aiming to be there at around that time too. 8am is the time we'll be heading out to AITP :D

I've posted this convoy on the AITP Facebook page so we may get a few non-members joining us too

Reactions: AudiNutta
Good lad! Haha that's fine with me, I'm easy going. I've kind of got this organised so I'm chill with whoever wants to lead :) I'm aiming to be there at around that time too. 8am is the time we'll be heading out to AITP :D

I've posted this convoy on the AITP Facebook page so we may get a few non-members joining us too

Yeah feel free to lead, just use street view to your advantage to know your lanes on roundabouts etc in advance or it gets messy ;)

Be careful who you invite :p

Reactions: The Kendragon
Anyone bringing anything like this? I am as we have them laying around and was wondering if anyone has the same idea :)

Attachments

• IMG_3583.JPG
    IMG_3583.JPG
    614.4 KB · Views: 141
I've got to be there for about 0800 so will need to be away earlier. See you there though.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Anyone bringing anything like this? I am as we have them laying around and was wondering if anyone has the same idea :)

You thinking of parking the car up on them? Doubt anybody will be doing that as it's only a field, only typically in arenas would you get raised platforms.

Not sure if they have a concourse stand there, but unless you would eat your dinner off the bottom of your car.. wouldn't say it's worth it.

Speaking of clean cars, about 1/3 of the way through mine now.. 3 hours in. Had all my wheels off and done an arch clean so far, bodywork and interior next :p

On a stand remember ;)

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

You thinking of parking the car up on them? Doubt anybody will be doing that as it's only a field, only typically in arenas would you get raised platforms.

Not sure if they have a concourse stand there, but unless you would eat your dinner off the bottom of your car.. wouldn't say it's worth it.

Speaking of clean cars, about 1/3 of the way through mine now.. 3 hours in. Had all my wheels off and done an arch clean so far, bodywork and interior next :p
*** spent 3 hours on mine last night, tucked it away in our workshop because it was raining....
First full hour of my 4 hour drive in and off rain, so tomorrow it's dirty car for me

I am indeed, they're not particularly high but the car might look good with the rear wheels on them :) Hahaha that's a long time, I did mine this morning (5 hours it took) and I'm happy with it :D

*** spent 3 hours on mine last night, tucked it away in our workshop because it was raining....
First full hour of my 4 hour drive in and off rain, so tomorrow it's dirty car for me

I have been following the weather for days, seems to be the majority of the country today is dry and sunny up at AITP tomorrow. Fingers crossed the roads are kind and it stays clean!!

See, if you hadn't been so keen to get there you'd have a clean car ;)

Reactions: MattSedg
I am indeed, they're not particularly high but the car might look good with the rear wheels on them :) Hahaha that's a long time, I did mine this morning (5 hours it took) and I'm happy with it :D

Will stand out for sure :p

Excited to take a look at it, haven't seen a Glacier White FL S-Line believe it or not :blink: I had the PFL, the car looks fantastic in white.

I have been following the weather for days, seems to be the majority of the country today is dry and sunny up at AITP tomorrow. Fingers crossed the roads are kind and it stays clean!!

See, if you hadn't been so keen to get there you'd have a clean car ;)
Gotta love the north :blownose:

There's always the popular European local £5 wash ;)

Hey don't knock it, just got mine done for a tenner & i reckon she looks great and i do like to support local businesses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AudiNutta and MattSedg
Hey don't knock it, just got mine done for a tenner & i reckon she looks great and i do like to support local businesses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd rather mine be dirty than covered in swirls

Reactions: AudiNutta and MattSedg
What do you mean....European eyyy? :whistle2:

You know what I mean ;)

My detailer has an S5 in at the moment. He saw it 2 weeks ago with a couple hundred miles on with very little swirling. It came in a few days ago, having had ONE hand car wash... he has had to wet sand the paint, no compound was getting it out.

Reactions: MattSedg
Will stand out for sure :p

Excited to take a look at it, haven't seen a Glacier White FL S-Line believe it or not :blink: I had the PFL, the car looks fantastic in white.
I've given up on the stand things, don't want to risk damaging the car :p It really does look good though especially with the privacy glass :) Got an annoying chip I need removing though

Attachments

• IMG_3587.JPG
    IMG_3587.JPG
    744.3 KB · Views: 107
I've given up on the stand things, don't want to risk damaging the car :p It really does look good though especially with the privacy glass :) Got an annoying chip I need removing though
Is that behind where the door shuts? HOW?! Lol

You know what I mean ;)

My detailer has an S5 in at the moment. He saw it 2 weeks ago with a couple hundred miles on with very little swirling. It came in a few days ago, having had ONE hand car wash... he has had to wet sand the paint, no compound was getting it out.
My dad just rang asking how the drive down was...
"Is it dirty?"
"Yeah s**t up"
"Take it to a car wash..."

He knows how to wind me up

Reactions: Forbzeeee, AudiNutta, RAF_S7 and 1 other person
Turning up dirty tomorrow :cower:
IMG 20170812 194734

IMG 20170812 194748

It's just at the point where the boot lid meets the bumper. I lent my car to a mate and he damaged it when taking something out the boot :(
Ahhh that sucks!! You mean ex-mate though, right? ;) :D

Hope you get it sorted!

I am planning to leave South Wales at 5:15am, which in theory puts me at the services at 7:30. Will then adjust my speed between 60 and 70 to get there between 7:30 and 7:45 :p 130 or so miles for me to the services, this is a fair trek for a show!! So much for keeping the mileage down ready for sale :p

Reactions: Mark_86
@GTAIVgunner Because you are leading? Just watched a video that Calvin posted now long ago, the original listed postcode NN17 3EW is for the actual Deene Park House.

The postcode we need for the access gate is NN17 3EG.

I am planning to leave South Wales at 5:15am, which in theory puts me at the services at 7:30. Will then adjust my speed between 60 and 70 to get there between 7:30 and 7:45 :p 130 or so miles for me to the services, this is a fair trek for a show!! So much for keeping the mileage down ready for sale :p
Okay mate, we're leaving Somerset at 5:30am as it's two hours for us to the services (A303 and A34). Getting there for 7:30am so me and my mate can grab breakfast :p

@GTAIVgunner Because you are leading? Just watched a video that Calvin posted now long ago, the original listed postcode NN17 3EW is for the actual Deene Park House.

The postcode we need for the access gate is NN17 3EG.
Okay mate, I've got this saved in the sat nav already. Thanks though :)

Okay mate, we're leaving Somerset at 5:30am as it's two hours for us to the services (A303 and A34). Getting there for 7:30am so me and my mate can grab breakfast :p

Okay mate, I've got this saved in the sat nav already. Thanks though :)

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up beside one another on the way up, we will be on the same route on the M4 Eastbound and then the A34 North.

Happy days, just thought I'd let you know just in-case you hadn't seen. Safe journey tomorrow morning, a rare early-ish nights sleep is due I think.

See you all soon!!

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up beside one another on the way up, we will be on the same route on the M4 Eastbound and then the A34 North.

Happy days, just thought I'd let you know just in-case you hadn't seen. Safe journey tomorrow morning, a rare early-ish nights sleep is due I think.

See you all soon!!
Haha you may be right!

Right I'm off to sleep soon so I'll see you tomorrow before 8am :) Safe drive to the services!

We're leaving the services at 8 so won't get there until 9:30 :) Beating the initial rush! M40 J10 we're leaving from matie

You got me thinking that I didn't know something else....I wasn't sure from your reply if you met your meeting at 8 at the venue and not the service station. Save trip all. Hope you see you and say hello.

You got me thinking that I didn't know something else....I wasn't sure from your reply if you met your meeting at 8 at the venue and not the service station. Save trip all. Hope you see you and say hello.
Sorry for the confusion! We're meeting and then leaving the services at 8am to get to the venue for 9:30am :p Feel free to join the convoy as the more the merrier!

Sorry for the confusion! We're meeting and then leaving the services at 8am to get to the venue for 9:30am :p Feel free to join the convoy as the more the merrier!

Im from northamton buddy, it use to be 10 mins from where I live but its now 40 mins to get to the venue!