Audio upgrade from Audi Symphony

Kay Farooq

Reaction score
Hi guys...

New here...

Will be posting my car up soon... nice audi a3 quattro that's been tastefully modded...

One thing I'd like to do is upgrade the audio. Seen and read a lot of the threads here, so i do beg your pardon if this is in the wrong place or if i seem like I'm flogging a dead horse...

What I've gathered so far:

The front speakers are mounted onto the door card, and therefore things get a little compromised... (max mounting depth anyone?)

My situation:

I just want to tear out the original speakers and replace them. I have an audi symphony unit with the 6cd stacking feature and tape deck. It takes up a fair bit of the dash and I want to keep it so as to retain the oem look. I think the front set up is component? And i have a pathetic excuse for a sub in the boot.

Can anyone recommend a straight switch set up for me, i don't mind getting an amp but i want to retain the functionality of the head unit...

Is it just a simple matter of finding 5.25" components for the front, 6.5" coaxials for the back, a sub and amp?

Also would it be possible to wire in an auxiliary source?

Any advice or recommendations would be much appreciated, not going for show stopping sound. Just a bit more low end depth i guess as the symphony set up ain't that bit with the mid end.

Thanks