Audio quality

Diagetic

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I don't remember exactly where, but I saw on a forum a while ago where people said that the audio quality for B&O is better when you use an SD card or wifi.
First off would is this actually true? Second how would I go about doing this if I typically use spotify.

Thanks.

I’ve seen comments on this forum saying that sd card is the best quality solution. That’s what I use, but have never tried streaming anyway.

I’ve seen comments on this forum saying that sd card is the best quality solution. That’s what I use, but have never tried streaming anyway.
How do I go about doing that? There are 2 SD cards in the car, do I use those?

If you use Spotify you could just use an auxiliary jack from your phones headphone port? Can't use an SD card.
I've found the Bluetooth to be poorer than the alternative methods. Could be my phone though..

I use bluetooth from my phone. Some songs are amazing quality, and some are utter crap. For the ones that are good it doesn't really matter where my phone is in the car (mounted, or in my pocket).

I use a 128GB USB stick and the quality is great. SD cards are the same quality but limited in size. Any wireless method is going to suffer to an extent.

I use a 128GB USB stick and the quality is great. SD cards are the same quality but limited in size. Any wireless method is going to suffer to an extent.
Do you mean that the MMI does not support a 128Gb sd card? I use a 64Gb sd card, which is fine. I have not tried anything bigger because I don’t have that much music.

Do you mean that the MMI does not support a 128Gb sd card? I use a 64Gb sd card, which is fine. I have not tried anything bigger because I don’t have that much music.

I think the MMI may support 128GB SD cards, but I don't have one to try out. Using USB means you can plug in a hard drive. I sometimes plug one in with movies on it for the kids and I to watch whilst waiting for the other half to go shopping ;-)

I use android auto and the sound quality (and volume) is a lot better than standard bluetooth. I like the option of having spotify and not being limited by what is on a memory card.