For Sale Audi Wingback Recaro's with Carbon side inserts.

L1ARR

Reaction score
I am having a sell up on parts from my 8P S3. (Pics to follow)

Audi Wingback seats (manual adjustment) with heated element. These have no logos on them so would be perfect for any VAG car, have been in the car from new and were a costly option. There are no tears or rips in the leather including the bolsters. Seat rears were painted to match the car, they will be sold with the carbon sides. The Carbon was completed several years ago by C6 Carbon and cost £400 + parts.

There are light surface scratches to the seat rear and unfortunately the carbon. Being honest there are no gauges or dents and to be perfect the seat rears could do with some TLC. The leather is in good condition for seats this age, they clean up really well and have been conditioned regularly to keep the leather durable and to stop cracking.

These are still in the car and can be removed for the right price. Happy to provide any additional information.

Looking for £2500 - Collection only

Mental money for some seats mate, seen them go for more like 1/1.5k which is still a lot of money for 10 year old worn seats... usually including the rears too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Marky79
Mental money for some seats mate, seen them go for more like 1/1.5k which is still a lot of money for 10 year old worn seats... usually including the rears too

Appreciate you input, however lets at least agree on one thing the ones going for low ball money are only worth low ball money as they have torn bolsters and cracked leather as a minimum.

Bare in mind these were £5k new, RS4 lumber seats are £7k to buy new. The carbon alone was £400 + parts. Ones on ebay are in worse condition than mine and are at least £400 cheaper, it all comes down to what someone wants to pay for something. I am not a 20 year old on the fly, I am a mature car fanatic looking to move all my spares on from a car that's been loved and cherished.

I am not in a rush and will accept decent offers. Am guessing these have no interest to you?

Totally agree from your description they sound great, but like you said they’re only worth what someone’s willing to pay... for a set (front and back) in the description you’ve provided, 2k is a reasonable price to me.
Personally I’d love the seats, they look amazing, but without the rear seats too I wouldn’t be bothered as I think the golf ball effect in the rear would look odd with smooth leather up front.
If I could justify 2k+ on replacing all my seats (which are heated, very comfortable and supportive to me at least) then I would
Personally if I was you I’d keep them in the car as when it comes to selling your car that’d be a HUGE selling point, that is unless you need to free up some garage space or cash

Reactions: L1ARR
Thanks, if it’s easier, pm me and I’ll give you my email to send them too

Personnally 2k for wingbacks heated manual is a great price and your getting backs as well , if i was selling mine i would be looking for that amount and thats only my front two.
I don't think people realize how much these seats are worth when you think a new rs3 front grille is nearly a Grand .
But i guess you only get what you pay for

Last edited:
Personnally 2k doe wingbacks heated manual is a great price and your getting backs as well , if i was selling mine i qould be looking foe that amount and thats only my front two.
I don't think people realize how much these seats are worth when you think a new rs3 front grille is nearly a Grand .
But i guess you only get what you pay for

Totally agree, but there will be a difference in what you’re willing to let them go for vs what someone is willing to pay, regardless of condition

Seat backs
Passanger seat 1
Passanger seat
As requested pics
Drivers seat 1
Drivers seat 1
Drivers seat 1
Drivers seat

Reactions: CHEZ, Stanningtonglen and Sidrick
Totally agree, but there will be a difference in what you’re willing to let them go for vs what someone is willing to pay, regardless of condition

This is very true and can be said about anything you wish to sell , bit the going rate for these type off seat in very good condition is around £2000/£2200.

Reactions: Bryant1998
There a nice chair them.
No wonder they get nicked all the time the amount of money they cost.

Reactions: Bryant1998
I paid £2700 for mine, I wanted them, they were in great condition, they don’t come up often. It’s what someone’s willing to pay

Reactions: L1ARR and ch1z64
I paid £2700 for mine, I wanted them, they were in great condition, they don’t come up often. It’s what someone’s willing to pay
Totally agree with you there just seems some people dont understand that quality costs and seem to want everything on the cheap , then they moan lol

Reactions: L1ARR
There are a lot of cheap wingbacks for sale, which simply aren't worth the money people are asking. Having owned these and maintained them for years the thought about overpaying or buying something completely unknown now doesn't appeal to me.

I have had a change of heart and are now keeping them, will be getting them re trimmed for the RS3 instead.

Thanks for all the comments.

Reactions: ZZidane and JayA3sline
There are a lot of cheap wingbacks for sale, which simply aren't worth the money people are asking. Having owned these and maintained them for years the thought about overpaying or buying something completely unknown now doesn't appeal to me.

I have had a change of heart and are now keeping them, will be getting them re trimmed for the RS3 instead.

Thanks for all the comments.

Good call

Maybe look for seats in your price range

Maybe let’s not try and act like these 10 year old, worn, stretched seats are worth more than the upgrade cost to supersport seats in a brand new S3...

Again, these seats are nice I’m not denying that. But they’re clearly worn and only the fronts are for sale, get a grip

Reactions: samuelh_888 and Marky79
I think when it comes down to it the guy is allowed to sell his seats for whatever he wants... he's not come here asking for an opinion as to what others think they are worth or what a fair price would be.
I often see cars for sale with high mileage and personally I think the seller is dreaming when it comes to the value of the vehicle but I keep my opinion to myself unless asked for it...probably a good way to go.

So on that note GLWS L1ARR, your seats look nice.

Reactions: rodney brown, Stanningtonglen, ch1z64 and 2 others