Audi Warranty - Late Services

Vishal Tween

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone in the UK has any experience with Audi comprehensive warranty with cars that have late services?

My car is a 2011 S3 S-Tronic and I am currently paying for the Audi Extended Comprehensive warranty.

The DSG and haldex have all been serviced in good time, but the last two oil changes were both over 1000 miles late.

The thing is, the S3 is supposed to be serviced every 12 months or 9k miles, whichever comes first.

The 2016 service was 1,800 miles late but was done less than 12 months after the previous one.

The 2017 service was 1,400 miles late and done 3 weeks after the 12 month mark.

So in real life, these wouldn't be justifiable excuses for a blown engine or turbo etc, but the terms and conditions state it must be serviced as per the manufacturers service schedule.

So my question is, how flexible can I expect Audi to be if a claim needs to be made?

At very least, the most they can reasonable decline would be engine claims, for example, if the DSG went pop, engine oil servicing cannot be taken into account surely?

Any input or experience would be appreciated!

no hope at all im afraid they hope people forget or miss a service so they dont have to payout when something goes wrong.
the only thing you might have in your favour is if you have used the same audi dealership so might show some good will if needed.

Thanks for the response :(.

I called the customer services department for the Audi Extended Warranty, and I was passed to a claim handler as my query was around claims.

They said that it wasn't a massive amount over, but enough to justify further inspection. He said if any component that used the engine oil (i.e. engine, turbo etc.) failed, they would investigate if the oil could be the cause.

He went on to say that any item covered that fails, and doesn't use the engine oil, would be covered as usual, assuming its service schedule had been met (gear box, diff etc).

So it looks semi-hopeful. Chances are any major claim on the engine or turbo would be subject to them claiming old oil caused it, but that could be argued against if it is obviously not true.

The guy sounded very fair and said they will take the investigation and feedback the dealer give and review if it is likely due to the oil.

For example, if the car threw a rod, it would be hard to say 1000 mile old oil caused that (in my opinion).

i guess thats put your mind at rest abit but lets hope nothing goes wrong so you dont have to endure the ifs and maybes.

i guess thats put your mind at rest abit but lets hope nothing goes wrong so you dont have to endure the ifs and maybes.

Yes indeed!

I must admit, my plan was to keep the warranty for maybe 3-6 months whilst I put some money aside.

Then wack a nice induction kit on, nip down the road to R-Tech (only 15 mins from me :yahoo:) and have the following; Intake cleaning, injector service, oil pickup replaced, stage 1 map.

Of course once that is done, I will cancel the warranty as it will be voided should they notice the mods!

Reactions: martin1984