Audi UTR

I specifically mention VLC player in my post above. It’s less than ideal because of the video clip size and how it handles dual channel video.

Media player doesn’t handle dual channel video as far as I can tell. Have hunted for the option and not found it.
Hi folks, considering the Audi UTR for my 2019 A4.

Have the recent firmware and app updates improved the quality of the device and app on iPhone?

Assume you own it? If you had to do it again, would you purchase the UTR or go with another brand?

I’d go with another brand and do a bit more research.
Things that’s wrong with it:
1. Video quality isn’t good enough to read numberplates at any kind of distance.
2. No dedicated pc software meaning you have to watch 60 second clips on VLC player and deal with clunky 2 channel video support.
3. The app is rubbish and far too slow to identify videos and download them.
4. No way of connecting to the camera when the car is locked up.
5. No cloud based support.

Reactions: rasA4
Hi, does anybody know how to store a clip being recorded as you drive?

I have a 64gb SD card and every few days I take the card out to view clips on my PC (the app is too cumbersome).

I’ve noticed that many clips I want to view get overwritten which is the normal operation; however I was wondering if there was anything I could press on the dashcam itself so that clip at that point in time didn’t get overwritten?

... at that point in time that I wanted to save footage as I am driving. Thanks!

You probably either need to reduce the quality of the video's, thus reducing their size, or purchase a larger SD card, which would be better. I have a 128gb card in my dashcam purchased from Amazon. Then copy across which videos you wish to store, I don't think you can do what you've requested anyway. However with a larger card you get a much higher number of videos onto the card...
Screenshot 20190722 081938 Chrome

Last edited:
So I have just bought a B9 S5 Sportback with UTR fitted, it works as fast as I'm aware, however I cannot access it remotely from my android phone (Samsung S10).

I've downloaded the app, it searches for the WiFi then when I try and put the default PW in it's incorrect! Everything in the app is greyed out and I cannot do anything to any menu I click into, just look

Any help for this would be appreciated...

Kind regards in SC.

So I have just bought a B9 S5 Sportback with UTR fitted, it works as fast as I'm aware, however I cannot access it remotely from my android phone (Samsung S10).

I've downloaded the app, it searches for the WiFi then when I try and put the default PW in it's incorrect! Everything in the app is greyed out and I cannot do anything to any menu I click into, just look

Any help for this would be appreciated...

Kind regards in SC.
Maybe the WiFi password has been changed. Try resetting it. Can't remember if there's a button on the UTR but if not a blank SD card will do it (config is stored on there too).

Maybe the WiFi password has been changed. Try resetting it. Can't remember if there's a button on the UTR but if not a blank SD card will do it (config is stored on there too).

Unfortunatley the password is not stored on the SD card. You’ll need to reflash to the original firmware including a config file with a new password. Send me a PM and I’ll send you the instructions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Evil Derboy said
I’d go with another brand and do a bit more research.
Things that’s wrong with it:
1. Video quality isn’t good enough to read numberplates at any kind of distance.
2. No dedicated pc software meaning you have to watch 60 second clips on VLC player and deal with clunky 2 channel video support.
3. The app is rubbish and far too slow to identify videos and download them.
4. No way of connecting to the camera when the car is locked up.
5. No cloud based support.

As I mentioned in a different thread you can download the official Audi utr viewer from here: www.econes.de/AUDI/UTR/Viewer/

Unfortunatley the password is not stored on the SD card. You’ll need to reflash to the original firmware including a config file with a new password. Send me a PM and I’ll send you the instructions.

Hi, I have this same problem. I have changed my phone, and I now can no longer connect to the UTR. Could you pm me the location on how to download and fix the issue please. Thanks You Colin

Hi, I have this same problem. I have changed my phone, and I now can no longer connect to the UTR. Could you pm me the location on how to download and fix the issue please. Thanks You Colin

Hi I have this same problem. I have flashed the new firmware but i need the config file for the wifi password. i'm not able to PM you so i would be so greatful if you could PM me know where to get the config file?. Thanks so much!