1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Audi Universal Traffic Recorder (UTR)

mxnrg Jun 4, 2018

1. koolkul

koolkul Registered User

Hi @sks, I used the UTR App to format the card and just started recording it again. When there are only a few trips recorded then I can access the videos from my phone successfully. When it gets full I get the issues.

I am planning to replace the card with a 128GB to see if it is the size of the card that is causing the issues in my case.

I am also planning to ask Audi about it but not holding out much hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. variabl3

variabl3 Registered User

Hello! Sent a private message (or rather posted to their profile I guess, sorry noob here) to "mxnrg", but figured I would ask here too...

Would anyone be able to send me the two files required for resetting the wireless password? Just got my 2016 SQ5 back after having this installed professionally and immediately locked myself out lol... Appreciate your time!

4. variabl3

variabl3 Registered User

So... Kind of went through this forum again and re-read everything. Bob2018's method worked for me this time. When I first attempted, I was not pushing the power button, but rather the reset button (duh).

So to factory reset, here are my official steps that worked for me reliably over multiple attempts:
    1.) Vehicle is off and SD card is inserted.
    2.) Enter vehicle and power on auxiliary (foot off brake, depress "ENGINE ON" button).
    3.) Wait for UTR to begin recording.
    4.) Press and hold the translucent (lights up in red) LED button for over thirty seconds. Actions appear to take place prior to this, but make it 35 seconds to be safe.
    5.) System will reset and then begin recording.
    6.) Connect to the UTR's default SSID of AUDIUTR and enter password 1234567890.
    7.) There is NO password field validation in the app. IT WILL ACCEPT PASSWORDS THAT LOCK YOU OUT. DO NOT USE SPECIAL CHARACTERS IN YOUR PASSWORD. DO NOT USE LESS THAN EIGHT (8) CHARACTERS. Proceed to change password (and SSID if desired) following these guidelines.
    8.) See you on the streets! :)

5. mxnrg

mxnrg Registered User

Good to hear you are up and running, PM me if you want the files as a backup.

6. Marc Burroughes

Marc Burroughes Registered User

Hi All

Please help! I recently bought an Audi A6 with the Audi UTR fitted. The guy I bought it from took the Micro SD card out so I ordered a replacement and the UTR worked fine once I inserted it. I download the app to my iphone and managed to connect to the unit and the app told me I needed to update the firmware. I started updating the firmware, a red and amber light was flashing on the UTR but then the app just crashed and now the UTR is dead.

I have tried reinserting the card, resetting the UTR but nothing is happening and it has no power at all. I suspect the firmware update was partially compete and has now screwed it up.

Can anyone offer any advice or help or is this one for the Audi service dept?

7. inchshort

inchshort New Member

Hi, I’m pulling my hair out with this Audi UTR. I have tried all the resets to no avail. Please can you send me the two files I need to put on the sd card and hopefully I can get my UTR back. PM SENT.

8. inchshort

inchshort New Member

Hi mxnrg, please help me, I need them two files, but I can’t seem to send you any PM’s.

9. Alex777alex

Alex777alex New Member

Good day.

I have the same problem - my wifi password has been lost and I can't connect my AUDI UTR recorder to my mobile phone. Could you pls send my two these files? Thank you so much.