Audi UK Issues 4.0T Recall Notice

Thank you for the clarification, guess I'll be ordering the PCV beforehand then...
Oil Separator part # V079 103 542 E
I paid £150 for mine (OEM)
There are quite a to of copy parts out there online, but I would recommend going OEM as if it fails - for whatever reason - its a lot of work to get to!

Message me if you want the supplier details :hi:

Been to my dealer today (Wednesday) to discuss the recall.

They confirmed the recall, indicated that they have two RS6 in the queue ahead of me, and are just waiting on the parts coming in to do the work. They're not really sure how long the work will take (estimated 10 hours) but recon a bit longer while they get used to doing whats required.

As its a safety related recall they will carry out the work ASAP, and expects to have the parts in within 10 days, so have provisionally booked a slot. I asked if I could pay to have the Oil Separator (PCV) replaced at the same tie as its another known weak point on the 4.0T, and he said, its included in the recall work FOC. Result :welcoming:

I told him that its been serviced outside of the dealer network for a few years (my Indy usually does it, but they turned around and refused to service it with OEM parts suppled a friendly VAG Dealer who discounts all the parts) Was told thats not a problem, so pushed my luck and asked if they would service it using my supplied OEM parts. Yes, not a problem they said.

They will probs have the car for 3 days, and they will supply a loaner vehicle for the duration.
View attachment 254193

So good result all round. I will probably remove my Eventuri Intake, so as not to tick them off too much. And no, they didn't ask if Im tuned :friends:
Hi RAF_S7 my dealer are wanting to charge for the Oil Separator can you let me know what garage you used? thanks.

Hi RAF_S7 my dealer are wanting to charge for the Oil Separator can you let me know what garage you used? thanks.
Hi,

The garage later apologised and said they were not authorised to change the PCV as it was outside of the recall requirement.
I ended up providing it myself, and they changed it while they were doing the screen change (it has to be removed to change the screen anyway)

The PCV is a £200 part :blink:

John :hi:

Hi,

The garage later apologised and said they were not authorised to change the PCV as it was outside of the recall requirement.
I ended up providing it myself, and they changed it while they were doing the screen change (it has to be removed to change the screen anyway)

The PCV is a £200 part :blink:

John :hi:
Hi John,

many thanks for coming back to me on this.

Rav

Reactions: RAF_S7
Hey guys, just a quick question, the recall is for the oil strainer, what happens if the car fails before they book it in for a recall? Will Audi be liable for a new engine or turbos?

Hey guys, just a quick question, the recall is for the oil strainer, what happens if the car fails before they book it in for a recall? Will Audi be liable for a new engine or turbos?
I’ve seen posts (elsewhere) that they check the turbos, and will replace if damaged due to oil starvation. Total engine swap is rare, but not unknown (at least in the USA)

No issues with my turbos, and I’m tuned APR Stage I. No issues with carrying out the work even though Im tuned Either.

I’m not so sure they would be so accommodating if I’d upgraded the turbos though…. :racer:

Hi
Ive just had my recall done for the oil screen strainers and I just wanted to know I'm guessing that they drain the oil and replace the oil filter. The thing is a few months before the recall I had my oil service done outside the network my question is would Audi reimburse me the cost of recent oil service ?
I have the invoice from the reputable garage I got it done from.

Audi UK has finally decided to issue a Recall Notice for 4.0T engined models susceptible to the dreaded Turbo Oil Screen issue, which has resulted in a number of cars turbo units self destructing due to oil starvation caused by a blocked oil feed filter/screen.

This impacted the 2014 - 2018 S/RS 6&7 models, as well as the A/S 8 (and some Bentleys & Lamborghini models)

The recall has only just been issued, and you can check if your impacted by inputing your Reg number here and scrolling down to “Check Outstanding Recalls”

Not clear yet if Audi will honour the recall if you have any modifications to the vehicle.

John :racer:
Hi RAF after contacting Glasgow Audi(lookers)regarding oil strainers was sent previous owners invoice for 21H7 workshop campaign as job completed on July this year Just thought i'd pass on this info.

Hi
Ive just had my recall done for the oil screen strainers and I just wanted to know I'm guessing that they drain the oil and replace the oil filter. The thing is a few months before the recall I had my oil service done outside the network my question is would Audi reimburse me the cost of recent oil service ?
I have the invoice from the reputable garage I got it done from.
My oil was changed at no cost, as part of the recall, though I’m not 100% sure that they are required to:hi:

Reactions: BobbydS7
My oil was changed at no cost, as part of the recall, though I’m not 100% sure that they are required to:hi:
Raf_S7 thanks for your input...I think I will email Audi HQ with my scenario and hope to get a reimbursement on the oil service I did just before the recall as I spent money which feels money down the drain