Audi UK Configurator A3 S-Line

Reaction score
Good Morning All, Yesterday evening I noticed that on the A3 configurator for the S-Line Trim the option of adding Matrix LED Headlights has been removed and is no longer available.

I ordered a A3 S-Line with the Matrix LED option back in January and have a penciled in Build week of 27. My question is I am assuming Audi will continue to build the car as I have specified/ordered?

Would anyone no the reasons why Audi would remove this option, is it due to demand, customers choosing the s-line trim over Edition-1 etc?

Is the loss of Matrix lights as an option coincident with the introduction of the Vorsprung trim?
Whilst Audi are at liberty to change the spec of cars, anything that is explicitly defined on your order should be locked into your build, especially paid for options. So congratulations on getting your order in before the matrix light option was removed :yahoo:

if I was ordering a new car now, the loss of the matrix lights option from the mid-level trims would probably push me back towards buying a Golf 8.

Last edited:
Reactions: Q5 TRS
Thanks Adam. When I ordered back in January the Vorsprung trim was available and the option to add Matrix Led headlights to the S-lIne trim. As of yesterday it seems like they have removed this option from a optional paid for add on on a number of trims for the hatch and saloon. I guess I will have to wait and see if my audi dealer contacts me as I really hope they honour my original order placed which now has the penciled build date in July.

Reactions: AdamInKent
It was as I have them on mine and £430 upgrade as well which is excellent - However I had heard from a friend who works at Audi that they were removing Matrix Headlights as not a popular option along with other options from across the MY22 range - Will be kept on Edition 1, Vorsprung and S3 (assume Vorsprung) as they are standard and you are right it's gone off the configurator.

To be honest if they made it a cheaper upgrade on the other models (Not S3 because £430 is good used to be £900+ on the 8V) and actually bothered to promote more I think people would take it up instead we get adverts with Audi's driving through the woods and Wolves looking at it - Well unless the Wolves are their target market people aren't going to upgrade - They need to show what these things do more rather than just fancy adverts that basically tell you nothing.

I think marketing is beginning to lose the plot if I'm honest or they will be fitted like the TFSIe and you will then be able to switch them on via Functions on Demand when that becomes available at a cost obviously.

Reactions: AdamInKent and Q5 TRS
If matrix lights are being withdrawn for MY22 as Sparks43 suggests, and your build week is 27 then you would not get them and they’d refund the option cost, even though you specc’ed it. Talk to your salesman to check, and see if they have another order they can change so your car is built before week 22 (assuming they can still spec matrix lights).

Withdrawing the option from the configurator does not sound like ‘pay for added function as a service’, but a hardware downgrade.

If matrix lights are being withdrawn for MY22 as Sparks43 suggests, and your build week is 27 then you would not get them and they’d refund the option cost, even though you specc’ed it. Talk to your salesman to check, and see if they have another order they can change so your car is built before week 22 (assuming they can still spec matrix lights).

Withdrawing the option from the configurator does not sound like ‘pay for added function as a service’, but a hardware downgrade.

Subject to parts availability, he said they would honour orders with or without a build week if possible, so he might be ok

Reactions: AdamInKent
Had a similar 'problem' with another factory ordered car previously (not Audi), where when I placed the order, they had a certain colour I chose, and literally next time I checked the configurator that colour has been pulled. So according to the dealer (whether true or not) mentioned there will be a couple weeks delay, as they had to source the paint from elsewhere/different model/factory. Few weeks delayed, but the car came with the paint I ordered. They honoured the order, albeit with a slight delay as had to source the paint. I suppose at least you know that matrix lights physically are still being made, just pulled from the configurator for S-line, and not that they have stopped them all together.

Reactions: AdamInKent and Sparks43