Audi tt mk2 general questions

Leeseager

Reaction score
Looking into getting a 3.2 quattro s-tronic.. What's the fuel consumption like and what fuel does it take?

Any common problems?

I had a 3.2 TT from 2008 to 2011 and it was a superb car and engine, albeit I had the manual.

The fuel consumption I thought was very respectable.
I could hit around 35 mpg on a long distance run quite easily and high 20's around town.

I changed it in 2011 for a TTS which has the 2.0 litre turbo so I thought that would be more fuel efficient.
To my surprise it was slightly worse !
Around 32-33 mpg on a run and 27 ish around town.

Ran it on standard 95 ron and it was fine.

I had a 3.2 TT from 2008 to 2011 and it was a superb car and engine, albeit I had the manual.

The fuel consumption I thought was very respectable.
I could hit around 35 mpg on a long distance run quite easily and high 20's around town.

I changed it in 2011 for a TTS which has the 2.0 litre turbo so I thought that would be more fuel efficient.
To my surprise it was slightly worse !
Around 32-33 mpg on a run and 27 ish around town.

Ran it on standard 95 ron and it was fine.

Thanks for the reply dude, think i'm going to go ahead and treat myself to one! Did the manual say to run on 95 ron?

Thanks for the reply dude, think i'm going to go ahead and treat myself to one! Did the manual say to run on 95 ron?

I'm sure it did and on 95 ron the 3.2 litre V6 runs perfectly smoothly.

Don't quote me on this, but I am pretty sure that the none turbo engine's don't really get much gain from super unleaded whereas the turbo's do and on the latest cars some are super unleaded only.
Naturally aspirated V6 no issue at all on regular 95 ron.

That is what I now run my S5 on and that says 95 ron in the filler cap with no mention of super unleaded at all - it even says 92 ron minium.

The 3.2 is a great power plant - smooth and powerful.