Audi TT hubs onto A3 8l / golf mkiv platform cars?

popeyeferret

Reaction score
Hi
I have some Audi TT mk1 225bhp hubs which I don't need
And I now have the bits to upgrade my 1.8t to 312mm
My question is- would the hubs fit other similar platform cars? I.e. will the tt hubs and old 288mm carriers go together to give someone with an A3 / golf iv based car with the even smaller front brakes an upgrade? I think with the lower models the caliper carriers are part of the hub so they can't really fit bigger brakes?
Thanks in advance

Reactions: Ciarconn
Hi
I have some Audi TT mk1 225bhp hubs which I don't need
And I now have the bits to upgrade my 1.8t to 312mm
My question is- would the hubs fit other similar platform cars? I.e. will the tt hubs and old 288mm carriers go together to give someone with an A3 / golf iv based car with the even smaller front brakes an upgrade? I think with the lower models the caliper carriers are part of the hub so they can't really fit bigger brakes?
Thanks in advance

The hubs will fit A3 8l, mk4 Golf, Bora, Mk1 Octavia, mk1 Leon... However, if you want to do it without changing the brakes it MUST be on a 1.8t car! . . Also you will need the TT/S3 arms to go with them

Anything below 1.8t (including 1.9tdi) will have 1 piece hubs and caliper carrier.

Ah thanks
I've got what I need for my car but ended up with some hubs I didn't want
I just wondered if the hubs together with my old 288 carriers and discs etc would go together to make a useful item for someone but it doesn't sound like it
Many thanks