Audi Symphony & iPod Connection Options

936ADL

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just purchased an A6 that's fitted with a Symphony Head Unit and i'd like to connect up my iPod.

Is it possible? And if it is, what are my options?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Cheers for that link.

Looks like it could be just the thing i'm looking for.

Just one Q? which kit do i need? The website's not the best.

Has anyone out there done a similar thing?

Cheers again,

Andy

100 for Ipod alone, 300 if you want to play other generic USB/MP3 players as well, 400 if you want to keep your original Cd changer as well.

Thanks for the reply.

There appears to be two possible connections at the car end(20 pin ISO or 12 pin Quadlock). Is there a quick way to determine which one i need without actually taking the headunit out?

Cheers,

Andy

Fitted one of these this week, car is 2003 A4 Cab with RNS D NavPlus (which has 20 pin connector)
Fitting was a pain, but only because the installation instructions omitted to state that the hanging black cable on the replacement loom must be connected to the chassis of the radio/nav unit.

Now that it is fitted it works fine, I chose the CDC retention and Bluetooth options.

There was no easy way to obtain support from either Dension or the retailer.
It's a shame that a good product got off to such a poor start, a decent helpline would have had it sorted in seconds.
Ian

I used the LiveChat function on the web site at ipodcarkitdirect.com and found them very helpful

936ADL said:
Thanks for the reply.

There appears to be two possible connections at the car end(20 pin ISO or 12 pin Quadlock). Is there a quick way to determine which one i need without actually taking the headunit out?

Cheers,

Andy

Probably the 20 pin ISO, what year is your car?

I have an S3 with symphony 1, is mine a 20 or 12 pin?