Audi sport showcase

Booked in on both events now
RS3 on both first then RS6 and TTS second.

The Aberdeen one was cancelled at the last minute.
Just got a bottle of prosecco in the post by way of an apology :)

Omg ..... Did the Cadwell Park show case today ..... Experienced the RS3 on track - passenger with experienced driver.

The car is epic !

Cadwell is a bike circuit so very tight lots of twists and undulations.

Was took out in an R8 first.
Amazing sound, speed and grip.
3 very hot laps and they were NOT holding back.
It was amazing to experience the car on such a tight and precise track.

Then was told the RS3 would be quicker as it could carry more speed through the corners although the R8 had more grunt top end which was less utilised on this track.

I was unsure if this would be true .... it was :)

The cornering speeds and grip levels on road tyres was insane. There were moments I thought he was carrying too much speed but jeeeees the thing stuck to the track .... I was immensely impressed.

The tyres were showing signs of wear though but hell no surprise and the breaks did need occasional time to cool as they were smashing it round the track.

I will never drive like that but great to know what's the car is capable of.

What a car.

Loved Nardo too.

Will be ordering soon :)

Reactions: Nimbus265, T-800, Disco Dal and 3 others
Omg ..... Did the Cadwell Park show case today ..... Experienced the RS3 on track - passenger with experienced driver.

The car is epic !

Cadwell is a bike circuit so very tight lots of twists and undulations.

Was took out in an R8 first.
Amazing sound, speed and grip.
3 very hot laps and they were NOT holding back.
It was amazing to experience the car on such a tight and precise track.

Then was told the RS3 would be quicker as it could carry more speed through the corners although the R8 had more grunt top end which was less utilised on this track.

I was unsure if this would be true .... it was :)

The cornering speeds and grip levels on road tyres was insane. There were moments I thought he was carrying too much speed but jeeeees the thing stuck to the track .... I was immensely impressed.

The tyres were showing signs of wear though but hell no surprise and the breaks did need occasional time to cool as they were smashing it round the track.

I will never drive like that but great to know what's the car is capable of.

What a car.

Loved Nardo too.

Will be ordering soon :)
Glad you enjoyed the day. ;) x

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I was unsure if this would be tru

Sounds a good day. Do you know if it had the 8J or 8.5J wheels?

Yes mate will get some posted but not today.

Took LOTS of pics :)

Reactions: T-800 and kayemill
Went to Knowsley today with @Waltermitty............

As ever a superb day laid on by Manchester Audi many thanks to them...............

Drove the Manchester showroom Nardo RS3 with dynamic pack, Daytona RS3 (as passenger) without sports exhaust, RS5 Cabrio and the SQ5 (again as passenger)

To be honest i wouldn't say there's much between either RS3 and i wouldn't be disappointed with an RS3 with the normal exhaust...........

Engine, nothing in it for me both MK1 and MK2 felt much the same and Mr Mitty will agree on that i'm sure........

Brakes, MASSIVE improvement from the MK1......they really do stop the car well, with little effort as well, no squeal to report either (damp day though, we'll see)

Interior, again a step up and super sports seats very comfortable......

Mag ride is superb, so good to be able to switch modes, you really notice the difference, i'd have it no question.........

Launch control..... we tried it and in my opinion it's not as aggressive as the MK1, felt a little subdued....

Perhaps they've made it less aggressive to protect components............

A couple of piccies........

CB3FF222-CB96-4047-B62B-61EBFEA52AA7.jpg

BCFE3854-A077-496C-8050-DB4A372A1AD8.jpg

7B28A71E-C352-4B6C-B309-87FC99E4C346.jpg

361566ED-2155-4486-90C4-567186678195.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DAYTONA 500 and Yorrick
For the Guys Up North,
Just waiting for the car line up - Lake District Audi.
14/08/15.

Reactions: T-800
14/08/15 at lakedistrict Audi any more details Pete cars etc ?

14/08/15 at lakedistrict Audi any more details Pete cars etc ?
Hi Mate,
All I know at the moment is the event will be at Levens Hall,
2 Cars can be precooked for a Drive,but you can drive more, i hope on the Day!
Will keep you posted.
Hoping to go,in the afternoon.

Hi Mate,
All I know at the moment is the event will be at Levens Hall,
2 Cars can be precooked for a Drive,but you can drive more, i hope on the Day!
Will keep you posted.
Hoping to go,in the afternoon.
Thanks Pete :)

Re: Levens Hall Audi Showcase.
14/08/15 10am to 1600.
Various cars,no R8!
If you speak to Jodie at Lakedistrict Audi,
she will give you the full line up.
Sadly can't make it now,Work,and Wife's Birthday!!
Enjoy,Get some photos if you go.

I got an invite to the Vindis group Audi showcase day at Rockingham, Corby.
Booked on an hour handling course, quick wet grip/Quattro course and then an hour test drive in the RS3.
Hoping to get to drive the TTs aswell if I am allowed. Should be good...and its all freeeeeeeeee

I had my invite through for Levens Hall today
Very pleased to say the least.

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
Wychwood Park on the 6th August: 8V RS3 followed with an RSQ3, RS7, and an S8 - RS3Copilot likes those - and then lunch and then an SQ5 if available and I'm guessing it will as its not too high on desirability but I like it....

Expecting to be content with an 8P RS3 all the way back home...:yes:

I got an invite to the Vindis group Audi showcase day at Rockingham, Corby.
Booked on an hour handling course, quick wet grip/Quattro course and then an hour test drive in the RS3.
Hoping to get to drive the TTs aswell if I am allowed. Should be good...and its all freeeeeeeeee
Back from the showcase event at Rockingham.
Went out in the TTS first...that was very brisk!! Loved the sports seats and the low slung driving position and it looked the mutts in sepang blue. Not massively different speed wise to my S3 but felt faster and more responsive due to the low driving position. Felt fresh interior and again loved those sport seats...really hugged you.

Next up was a handling course, basically you follow a coned course, doiing a couple of slaloms, swift stop and reversed to a space and then Floor it through more cones, round a cone in the middle of the course and then leg it back through some more cones, was great doing this in someon else's car lol. Did this in TTS and an S3...and didn't hold back, got the tyres screeching I can tell you!

After some lunch and a 10 minute go In a SQ5 on the skid/wet pan course it was time for the big one....the road test of the new RS3....****** hell does that thing shift...and the noise....lol. I couldn't stop dropping it down a gear to get the loud cracks and bangs from the sports exhaust.
Quicker than the TTS for sure, not to sure by how much up to 80-90mph but certainly more responsive and torquey higher up the Rev range. Seats nowhere near as good as the TTS seats which is a shame..and they were the so called super sport seats.

It's a close call for me, the RS3 has the amazing soundtrack and immense engine, but the TTS looks better and has much better seats and low seating position, and as the Mrs pointed out, the RS3 from behind the wheel was exactly the same as the S3 where as the TT is completley different.
Realistically the TTS/S3 is all the performance you need for 95% of the time, but the addictive sound and pull of that RS3 is soooo tempting.

I need a new TTRS ha ha

Oh well keep on dreaming Lee lol

Reactions: T-800 and 45bvtc