Audi sound system .

holly35

Reaction score
Before you tick that upgrade......i can honestly say,after a few months of use its sounding much much better than when new.It sounds detailed and open . Thats coming from a previous (few years back) Audi/bose system.
I wouldnt bother upgrading imo.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9, Spaceman_RS3, Jcbmally and 2 others
Ditto, had B&O in my previous two A3s, the A4 Audi Sound System has bedded in and is easily 90% as good..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally and Brasso
I came from a bmw 3 series which had the stock sound system. The a4 stock one is infinitely better. It's nearly as good as the Harmon kardon system my wife has in her bmw 4 series. Well done audi!

Reactions: Jcbmally
Before you tick that upgrade......i can honestly say,after a few months of use its sounding much much better than when new.It sounds detailed and open . Thats coming from a previous (few years back) Audi/bose system.
I wouldnt bother upgrading imo.

I have to agree, I had B&O on S3 but the *** is great on the S4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My sub is flapping like a piece of cardboard in the wind recently, but I had appreciated the sound up till then. I'm waiting out booking it in to do same time as service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CGaggia
Agreed..I was very quick to slate the *** in my initial thoughts on the car overall. However it has bedded in well and sounds great now.

My mate has B&O on his A6 and has had nothing but problems with it. Rattling sounds etc coming from the back. Been into Audi about 4 times with it.

My mate has B&O on his A6 and has had nothing but problems with it. Rattling sounds etc coming from the back. Been into Audi about 4 times with it.

That would be annoying to say the least. Isn't that a 5k option on the a6

Everyone who says it's bedded in now, what age / mileage are you at now?

I've got ***, 3300 miles down and would say my BOSE on my B7 was better (for now). Bass is abit rattley still.

14,000 / Just under 6 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine's less than a 1,000 miles in and already starting to loosen up. Sounding good with more to come.

I would also agree its very good for a 'standard' sound system. No doubt b&o is better but not £600 better.

I'm definitely unimpressed still.

Anyone care to share settings?

Reactions: blackb9er
Only thing I have adjusted is bass up 2 clicks from centre, other than that all standard / neutral.

*** user here (giggity), treble and bass set quite high, don't ever play music over Bluetooth. Nice rich sound after 4 months.

As per what holly35 said, the *** defo gets better ad it loosens up. It's not quite as good as the *** in my B8 as that could handle bass a lot better whether in the B9 it still sounds crackly. The B&O bass is very good at volume but won't make much difference at normal volume levels.

Reactions: nfribeiro
Just got my S Line on Monday, so far a bit disappointed with the bass from the sound system. I've got it turned all the way up but still not what I expected, hopefully it will improve. Bass in my Kuga was way better!!

Just got my S Line on Monday, so far a bit disappointed with the bass from the sound system. I've got it turned all the way up but still not what I expected, hopefully it will improve. Bass in my Kuga was way better!!

You should have specced B&O tbh mate

Agree with all of the comments on the fact *** improves within the first couple of months and that it's a decent system. I had B&O in my TTS which I thought was great, I would say this is 80% as good. My initial thoughts where negative but it's true that it improves, I've also whacked the base up to 75%. The sound is appreciably better with Apple Car Play than any of the same sources over Bluetooth, the B&O in my TTS was more forgiving of Bluetooth streaming.

I'd be more concerned about what the bass is surrounded by in a Kuga ;-)

Reactions: tickedon, RaZ A4 and R.A.G
I'd be more concerned about what the bass is surrounded by in a Kuga ;-)
After driving the A4 this week it's apparent the quality of the drive and interior is miles ahead the Kuga (Titanium X Sport). Wife and kids moaning it's too low though

Tel them the bus has a top floor

Reactions: jimnastics, RaZ A4 and cuke2u
Following on from a topic in the A3 forum - to everyone with the *** specced - do you have a separate control dial for subwoofer settings? Apparently some 2016/17 cars have it and some do not. I have a 2017 Allroad without - but i'd quite like to get it!

It has been a topic here as well and on the AudiWorld forum but mine doesn't have a subwoofer control as my MMI version is too early. As you can read in the A3 thread I have already commented and posted links about this...

Following on from a topic in the A3 forum - to everyone with the *** specced - do you have a separate control dial for subwoofer settings? Apparently some 2016/17 cars have it and some do not. I have a 2017 Allroad without - but i'd quite like to get it!

No subwoofer control here either.

I know I'm dragging up a post from last year but just wanted to say I'm pleased to read some of the comments above about the stock sound system bedding in. My initial thoughts of my B9's standard system were that it's shockingly bad! My previous car was a 66 plate Volvo V60 with a standard system and it was one of the best I've had.

Before deciding on the A4 (currently on order) I considered the Volvo S90, took test drive and have to say the sound system in those things is sublime... I don't expect the A4 to compete, not specked the B&O but happy to read the comments on here. Just another 96 days to wait :(

Before deciding on the A4 (currently on order) I considered the Volvo S90, took test drive and have to say the sound system in those things is sublime... I don't expect the A4 to compete, not specked the B&O but happy to read the comments on here. Just another 96 days to wait :(
Absolutely! The bass response in those Volvo's is unreal, especially considering it was a stock system. Not even sure what they use as their premium speaker setup?

What made you choose the A4 over the S90? Just curious as im considering one for the next car.

What made you choose the A4 over the S90? Just curious as im considering one for the next car.

It boiled down to price... I lease my cars through the business, the Audi S-Line Avant worked out at around about £300 with extras, the S90 started from about £320 for the base model 'Momentum?'. The Audi is clearly a better selling car, you can tell with the amount you see on the roads, the interior of the A4 is a nicer place to be especially with the Tech Pack and at the end of the day... I drive a Volvo doesn't quite have the same 'ring' as I drive an Audi :)

It boiled down to price... I lease my cars through the business, the Audi S-Line Avant worked out at around about £300 with extras, the S90 started from about £320 for the base model 'Momentum?'. The Audi is clearly a better selling car, you can tell with the amount you see on the roads, the interior of the A4 is a nicer place to be especially with the Tech Pack and at the end of the day... I drive a Volvo doesn't quite have the same 'ring' as I drive an Audi :)
The S90 is the class up though (equivalent to A6), so such a small price differential is rather positive. The S90 momentum, even as the base trim level, also comes with lots of kit as standard and far more than we’d get in any Audi without a serious raid on the options list!

I had a S60 before my A4 with an upgraded Volvo sound system and it was great. The *** is good, and much better than other ‘standard’ setups in other card I test drove, but not quite as good. That said, I entirely agree the A4 interior with tech pack is a nicer place to be - there’s a reason I switched... :)

Reactions: Jsmills