Facelift Audi Sound System

Lawrence_Craig

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am very lucky to have recently received a new facelift A3 Sportback with my work. I went for the Audi Sound System.

Is there any way to change the sound settings? I'm finding the bass is mainly channelling through the subwoofer and the front speakers are lacking the punch you'd expect. As a result the sound is quite 'tinny'. If it helps at all, I am using an iPhone through Carplay to play music, is there an equaliser I can adjust on that?

Thanks!

Lawrence

Yes on the mmi settings menu

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

I find that the bass,treble and fader settings reset themselves after every journey which is incredibly annoying! anyone know how to save these settings?

I find that the bass,treble and fader settings reset themselves after every journey which is incredibly annoying! anyone know how to save these settings?
The sound settings need setting up in all formats. i.e radio, media, apple car play. They can all have different settings.

I am finding that the front speakers (i.e. driver side) is really lacking any bass? Normally with loud sound and bass set to max, you expect some vibrations but I get nothing really. All the bass is coming from the sub. Is that what everyone else is finding?

I am aware that the speakers need to bed in a little, just wondering if I'm missing something?

One of the reasons I went for B&O. I find the Audi Sound System very disappointing. As for the bass/treble resetting, I wouldnt be surprised, mine used to never remember the shuffle option either :(

One of the reasons I went for B&O. I find the Audi Sound System very disappointing. As for the bass/treble resetting, I wouldnt be surprised, mine used to never remember the shuffle option either :(

How are you finding the b and o in your s3? Im not sure if im slightly dissapointed with it or not. just doesnt sound as good/crisp as i thought it would. i think the bose in my old s3 was better :blink:

How are you finding the b and o in your s3? Im not sure if im slightly dissapointed with it or not. just doesnt sound as good/crisp as i thought it would. i think the bose in my old s3 was better :blink:

It sounds similar to the B&O in my old A4 but at low volumes it's not quite as clear. Neither were as good as the Bose in my B7 A4 but Bose make better products that B&O in general IMO.

It sounds similar to the B&O in my old A4 but at low volumes it's not quite as clear. Neither were as good as the Bose in my B7 A4 but Bose make better products that B&O in general IMO.
yes i had b and o in my old a5 and thought that was awesome, better than the s3 :grumpy:

It's weird. I always get a nice clear sound (almost like too much treble but have turned it right down). Depending on the track, I either get a really nice sound, plenty of bass and the next track has very limited/no bass. Most would say its the tracks but they are the same quality and it happens on various tracks/genres.