Audi Sound System Speaker Upgrade

biggaz76

Reaction score
Hello All

I have the Audi Sound System (ie non-B&O) within my car. I have been following a thread on the US Audiworld site, whereby members have been describing how they started replacing / upgrading their speakers:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/au...-***-audi-sound-system-eu-base-stere-3004792/

A major contributor to the thread is a member called Bruce_Miranda, who is UK-based. He has replaced all the speakers in his A5, which he is sharing with other forum members.

I have initially upgraded the three dash speakers ie the two corner tweeters, and the centre speaker. These were ordered through Bruce, as he provides them with the correct crossovers and connectors fitted. The removal of the dash trim is relatively straightforward - highly recommended to use plastic trim removal tools. Again, on the Audiworld site, this can be searched for, with a particular thread containing lots of photos.

In terms of the speakers themselves, the difference is superb. Vocals that were previously restricted to the speakers at your feet, can now be heard from across the dash; the cabin is filled with music from the dash speakers. It is not overpowering, it simply lifts detail so that it can be heard as it should be.

This is a relatively simple upgrade, that brings about a massive improvement - I wish I had done it sooner!

My thanks to Bruce for his help, without which I simply would not have done it. However, and again with help from Bruce, I am now looking at replacing the rear tweeters, and replacing the sub.

For anyone considering this, I would definitely recommend contacting Bruce, if just to benefit from his experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Olympik
I've seen this thread on audiworld and read trough most of it but got turned down after seeing I need to go trough Bruce_Miranda for the crossover.
I didn't know he's in UK...this makes it possible to get them.

Nobody talks about how much does he charge for the whole package?

Okay, have I read all this and the thread on AudiWorld correctly? You simply pop open the speaker grills, no removing of the dash or door cards?

And yes, the big question - how much is this upgrade and for which / how many speakers? I'm UK based

Okay, have I read all this and the thread on AudiWorld correctly? You simply pop open the speaker grills, no removing of the dash or door cards?

And yes, the big question - how much is this upgrade and for which / how many speakers? I'm UK based

I did this upgrade to my S5 today and it’s just a case of popping the speaker grilles off, undoing two bolts per speaker and that’s it. Plug and play nothing else needed

I did this upgrade to my S5 today and it’s just a case of popping the speaker grilles off, undoing two bolts per speaker and that’s it. Plug and play nothing else needed

Is that just the dash or the doors too,popping the grills? How much did it cost for how many speakers?

@HMG1K

The speakers that I started with were the two corner speakers and the centre speaker, all on the dash - so three speakers in total, at a cost of approximately £180. These will have the crossovers and connectors fitted. The grills / trim does need to be removed, but it's pretty straightforward - using trim removal tools helps a lot, as well as searching for trim removal on the audiworld forum, where there are lots of pictures.

Bruce is happy to take any orders; if you search for bruce_Miranda on the audiworld forum, you can then send him a pm / email. He is also very approachable, and I'm sure he will offer any advice as required.

Reactions: HMG1K
Speakers ordered from third party source have arrived. I'll hack of the ears this weekend.
Cables ordered from Bruce, hopefully arriving soon

Reactions: Kondax
Speakers fitted today. Initial impressions are the vocals has moved forward, and actually have some body now. They will need to bed in a for a while, but I think it is a good improvement.

I did have 3 mishaps fitting them though!
Broke clips on both side baskets, and 2 clips from centre basket/cover. The centre was a concern, as the clips fell into the centre air-vent! Went for a quick drive after, and I could hear them rolling around. I threw the car around a few corners, and the broken bits fell out. I guess from the lower foot vents.
I suppose the money I saved sourcing the speakers separately will now be used replacing the broken parts!
DSC 1886

Reactions: mister.c.
@yargnat, good to see you were able to fit them - they are a definite worthwhile improvement.

For the mishaps, I am lead to believe it's better to let the interior warm up, so that the plastic is not as brittle - I appreciate that doesn't help you now!

Also, when doing mine, I used the following:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/au...moving-dashboard-grills-get-speakers-3004624/
It is a slightly different method to the way Audi describe, however it does seem much easier.

I hope that helps for anybody else considering it!

Also, not sure if you were saying the vocals moving forward was a positive or negative thing....but if you adjust the fader cross hair in the settings, you can adjust the sound station positioning

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

It a set of trim tools today and popped the centre speaker grill off no problem from cold.

Anyone with a B9.5 A4 or A5 with the standard sound system (no sub in the boot) I can confirm there are no centre speakers. Mine has two centre speaker holes, blanked with thick foam inserts.

Anyone fitted just the corner dash speakers and noticed a notable difference in sound? Does changing the door speakers make a big difference?

@HMG1K , as I have mentioned, mine is a B9, and I have replaced the three dash speakers. I have also just replaced the rear tweeters, which again are a big improvement on the stock.

I am now looking at replacing the front and rear door speakers, which have been ordered through bruce_Miranda. As Bruce says, this is when you will really start to notice the difference, and the improvement that can be had. It will take a few weeks for all the parts to come through, and I will update once I have them installed.

Trying to get pricing for the doors but Bruce saying there are so many variables and different people choose different brands, blah blah.

I'd rather order the lot instead of just the front if I do the whole package but hard to decide without an idea of cost for the doors.

Hello all

This is just a bit of an update with the speaker upgrades that I am looking to do. I have so far replaced the three dash speakers, and the rear tweeters, all of which has been through Bruce_Miranda.

The next stage is to update the door speakers, which again, I have gone through Bruce. He has described in detail what has been done here:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...5-rs5-3012716/

Whilst straightforward enough, there is probably a lot of detail that I might not have considered, had I chosen to DIY, so again, many thanks to Bruce for what he has done.

Hopefully I should be able to complete the installation quite soon, and I will update once done.

Gareth

Hello all

This is just a bit of an update with the speaker upgrades that I am looking to do. I have so far replaced the three dash speakers, and the rear tweeters, all of which has been through Bruce_Miranda.

The next stage is to update the door speakers, which again, I have gone through Bruce. He has described in detail what has been done here:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...5-rs5-3012716/

Whilst straightforward enough, there is probably a lot of detail that I might not have considered, had I chosen to DIY, so again, many thanks to Bruce for what he has done.

Hopefully I should be able to complete the installation quite soon, and I will update once done.

Gareth

Sorry, the link I posted above appears to be dead.

The following link should work:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/au...er-mount-b9-b9-5-a4-s4-rs4-a5-s5-rs5-3012716/

Gareth

I too have recently been in touch with Bruce and bought the 3 dash speakers and the 2 rear door tweeters. I've installed the dash ones, but didn't get round to installing the rear doors. I think ill leave these till the weather improves as don't fancy doing them at the moment!!

Overall impression with the upgrade, defiantly worth doing... the stock speakers that were in the car are rubbish compared to what they have been replaced with!! Vocals are a lot clearer up front and fill the cabin better then before.

Next step it to change the door speakers!! Again will wait a bit until we have some better weather so I can take apart the door cards properly. Just need to decide on which speakers to choose as there soo many to chose from depending on individuals preferences.

I did take a few of pics but not many.

Cover off

4 Speaker out

New speaker installed on one of the sides

The original speaker that was installed in centre!! forgot to take on of the replacement installed!!!

Can highly recommend to those who are looking to minor upgrades / tweaks to the current setup without going the whole way and changing everything! Bruce was very approachable and answered any questions quickly and the speakers arrives swiftly too!

Reactions: biggaz76
Following on from my replacement of the dash speaker and rear tweeters, I have also now upgraded all door speakers for my stock Audi Sound System.

Given what Bruce has done to his A5, and the similarities between the two models, I opted to go through Bruce for the remainder of the speaker replacement. This is what I received from him as a package:
Upload 2021 2 20 0 17 46

The speakers were Audison Prima 6.5:

Upload 2021 2 20 0 19 13

As part of what Bruce was supplying to me, he built the front speaker mount, as it needed an extra spacer on the front; he had also drilled the hole and routed the cable:

Upload 2021 2 20 0 19 47

This shows the difference between the front mount with the spacer, and the rear mount:

Upload 2021 2 20 0 20 13

Here is the cable that Bruce also makes and supplies:

Upload 2021 2 20 0 20 33

For the rear mount, I used the sticky-backed foam on the rear of the mount (where it sits against the door frame). I also drilled through the mount to install the cable

Upload 2021 2 20 0 21 1

I then started the build of the rear speaker. The baffle was first placed into the mount:

Upload 2021 2 20 0 21 24

Then lining the baffle holes up, the speaker was then screwed into the mount using the supplied speaker screws:

Upload 2021 2 20 0 22 15

And all four speakers completed:

Upload 2021 2 20 0 22 33

The next step is to install them into the car.

To install the speakers, you will need to remove the door cards. Having recently done this for the rear tweeters, I decided to start with the rear speakers. To remove the door cards, I would recommend that you use trim removal tools; these can be picked up for a few pounds, and are a worthwhile investment.

To start with, remove the aluminium trim below the door handle. Start at the end as shown, and work your way back:

Upload 2021 2 20 0 23 7

Continuing back:

Upload 2021 2 20 0 23 24

The tool will help you to pry the trim away from the door:

Upload 2021 2 20 0 23 48

Once all the clips are released, the trim needs to slide along (ie toward the rear of the car), before it comes away:

Upload 2021 2 20 0 24 8

You can then remove the T20 Torx screws, 2 behind the panel just removed, and 1 under the door handle:

Upload 2021 2 20 0 24 37

Next, start to remove the door card. Insert the trim tool by the speaker, and lever so that the first clip pops off. Continue to work anti-clockwise from here; you may need to use your fingers to help prise the card off. Once you reach the window, come back to your start point (at the speaker), and then work up clockwise.

Upload 2021 2 20 0 24 53

Once all clips have been released, you will need to remove the outer door handle cable (when replacing, ensure that the yellow guide tab is seated correctly), the rear tweeter connection, and the cable to the control module:

Upload 2021 2 20 0 25 17

The door card can now be safely stored out of the way. With the door card removed, the old speaker can be removed using an 8mm socket on 3 fixings:

Upload 2021 2 20 0 25 36

With the speaker removed, the speaker (that has been previously prepared!) can be attached using the same fixings; no drilling is required, as the holes in the mount line-up with the existing holes. Ensure the speaker is connected, and secure any excess cable:

Upload 2021 2 20 0 26 0

Replace the Torx screws, speaker grill and door handle trim; now repeat for the other rear door.

Upload 2021 2 20 0 26 22

The process for the front doors is very similar. Using the trim removal tool, start as shown:

Upload 2021 2 20 0 26 45

Moving along as before:

Upload 2021 2 20 0 27 1

Once the clips are released, the trim rotates away from the door:

Upload 2021 2 20 0 27 26

Remove the two torx screws from behind the trim( next to top-right of the handle, and far-left in the photo), and 1 under the door handle:

Upload 2021 2 20 0 27 41

Starting from the same position by the speaker, insert the trim tool between the door frame and the door card, and work anti-clockwise upto the window. Come back to where you started, and work clockwise upto the window:

Upload 2021 2 20 0 28 4

Once all clips are released, there is just the outer door handle cable (again, taking note of the tab), and a cable to the control module to be removed. Once done, store the door card safely. This is the front door with the door card removed:

Upload 2021 2 20 0 28 24

The old speaker is removed using an 8mm socket, to remove 4 fixings. Install the previously prepared speaker, using the same fixings; again, no drilling is required, as the mount holes line-up with the holes in the door. Connect the speaker, and secure any excess cable.

Upload 2021 2 20 0 48 16

Replace the door card, ensuring the control module cable and the outer door handle cable are connected. Hook the door card onto the door at the window, and working clockwise, gently press until the clips are seated. Again, the speaker grill has been removed to ensure the baffle has not been caught:

Upload 2021 2 20 0 49 1

Replace the Torx screws, and the speaker grill, and finally the door handle trim. Repeat for the other front door.

This isn't overly complicated, but you will benefit massively from having the correct tools, of which the trim removal tools are highly recommended.

Many thanks to Bruce for all his assistance and knowledge throughout all of this!

Gareth

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-20_0-28-46.png
    upload_2021-2-20_0-28-46.png
    488.6 KB · Views: 456
  • upload_2021-2-20_0-29-5.png
    upload_2021-2-20_0-29-5.png
    488.6 KB · Views: 474
Reactions: Adam14, ash13 and HMG1K
Great write up, what does he charge for the 4 door speaker package if you don't mind me asking?

Also you missed the most important bit...... how does it sound??

@Kapil B - thank you!

For that particular package I got from Bruce, it was approx £400. Bear in mind that the prices can and do change, with the largest variable being the door speakers.

However, all the speakers, except for the sub, have now been changed. The transformation of the stock HU, with decent speakers, and with a reasonable outlay, has been simply outstanding. The cabin is filled with music, the vocals are lifted and can be heard; the separation of the sounds around the car is superb. This is very much a worthwhile investment to anyone who has the Audi Sound System, as it will totally transform your listening experience.

Gareth

Hey Gareth, I'm about to get just the dash-top end speakers and the rear door tweeters - a decent noticeable difference in sound with just those?

Thanks @biggaz76, I was previously dead set on a car with B&O but I think its one option i could give a miss. I bet a decent upgrade would probably sound better anyway!

Do you have plans to replace the Sub?

Assuming that's £400 for the 4 speaker set? Two questions:

1. The center speaker (dash) looks like it has a mid and tweeter, did you only replace this with a mid?
2. The rear doors have a tweeter, again did you leave the Audi one in place?

Thanks.

Thanks @biggaz76, I was previously dead set on a car with B&O but I think its one option i could give a miss. I bet a decent upgrade would probably sound better anyway!

Do you have plans to replace the Sub?

Assuming that's £400 for the 4 speaker set? Two questions:

1. The center speaker (dash) looks like it has a mid and tweeter, did you only replace this with a mid?
2. The rear doors have a tweeter, again did you leave the Audi one in place?

Thanks.

It would certainly look that way, in that the money saved by not having B&O could easily be used to enhance the Audi Sound System. This isn't a dig at those that have B&O; far from it, it's about what can be done to get the Audi Sound System sounding as it should.

As for the sub, the stock sub is still there at the moment. From the other speaker upgrades, there is an improved response from the stock sub, so I am happy with this for the time being. That being said, I believe that to upgrade the sub, you also need to add an amp, as the stock HU will simply not be able to drive an upgraded sub on its own. One for the future maybe...

The £400 was for the four door speakers. This included the baffles, mounts, spacers for the front mounts, and the speakers. It also includes the cables with the correct connectors, that are made by Bruce, so that it is literally plug and play. I accept that, from a price point of view, I may have got the parts cheaper myself. However, I also accept that if I went down this route, I'd probably still be trying to work out which speaker to buy!

I have a MY17 B9 A4 Avant, so the dash centre speaker was a mid only, although there is space for a tweeter. The dash centre, and two end speakers, were the first speakers to be changed.

After that, I then changed the rear tweeters. Ask I still had the stock door speakers, the benefit couldn't really be heard. However, as soon as the upgraded door speakers were put in, the tweeters came alive.

I hope that helps!

Gareth

Awesome! What did you change the rear tweeters too? I must have missed this part? I have also looked at Bruces thread... very detail to say the least.

I think the £400 is good value for plug and play, end of they day he has gone through the hard work of figuring out the best options!

Thanks.

Hey Gareth, I'm about to get just the dash-top end speakers and the rear door tweeters - a decent noticeable difference in sound with just those?

The dash centre speaker and the two dash end speakers were the first replacements - and the effect was immediate. The vocals are lifted from the footwell area, up to the dash, and fills the cabin. I then replaced the rear door tweeters, but as I was still on stock speakers in the doors, they weren't really doing much. However, now the door speakers have been upgraded, the tweeters can now be heard as they should be.

It would certainly look that way, in that the money saved by not having B&O could easily be used to enhance the Audi Sound System. This isn't a dig at those that have B&O; far from it, it's about what can be done to get the Audi Sound System sounding as it should.

As for the sub, the stock sub is still there at the moment. From the other speaker upgrades, there is an improved response from the stock sub, so I am happy with this for the time being. That being said, I believe that to upgrade the sub, you also need to add an amp, as the stock HU will simply not be able to drive an upgraded sub on its own. One for the future maybe...

The £400 was for the four door speakers. This included the baffles, mounts, spacers for the front mounts, and the speakers. It also includes the cables with the correct connectors, that are made by Bruce, so that it is literally plug and play. I accept that, from a price point of view, I may have got the parts cheaper myself. However, I also accept that if I went down this route, I'd probably still be trying to work out which speaker to buy!

I have a MY17 B9 A4 Avant, so the dash centre speaker was a mid only, although there is space for a tweeter. The dash centre, and two end speakers, were the first speakers to be changed.

After that, I then changed the rear tweeters. Ask I still had the stock door speakers, the benefit couldn't really be heard. However, as soon as the upgraded door speakers were put in, the tweeters came alive.

I hope that helps!

Gareth

Awesome write up! I'm just in the process too and looking into speakers etc. How are the Audison speakers in terms of mid/ bass compared to the original Audi setup. If/when I get round to changing the doors I'll only be left with the sub which is unchanged too, as I've changed the front 3 dash ones and have the 2 rear door tweeters ready to install.

Did you apply any sound dampening material around the doors to stop vibrations/rattles etc.

Awesome write up! I'm just in the process too and looking into speakers etc. How are the Audison speakers in terms of mid/ bass compared to the original Audi setup. If/when I get round to changing the doors I'll only be left with the sub which is unchanged too, as I've changed the front 3 dash ones and have the 2 rear door tweeters ready to install.

Did you apply any sound dampening material around the doors to stop vibrations/rattles etc.

Thank you paz, much appreciated!

The Audisons are a very good set of speakers. There is vast improvement in the tonal quality; mid-range is refined, the bass response cleaner, with a greater separation around the cabin. They work well with the Faitals in the dash.

I took a similar route, in that I replaced the dash speakers, then the rear tweeters. However, as the rear door speakers were still stock, there wasn't any real improvement. That only came when the rear door speakers were replaced, and you could then start to hear them.

I didn't apply any dampening, for a couple of reasons - the doors are relatively well-built, and I haven't noticed any vibrations or rattles to warrant applying it. However, I will probably look to do it in the near future.

Gareth

Hi
I've just come accross this topic and I'm wanting to upgrade the speakers myself. The 3 Faital Pro speakers seem quite cheap as you can purchase them for less than £20 each. Is it worth getting Bruce to do the work on these speakers for the price he charges or would it just be easier or cheaper to buy them myself and take them to a local car audio shop and get them to do the crossovers and connectors and fit them?
Main reason I ask is that I've no idea who Bruce is and would have to put a lot of trust in giving a decent amount of cash to someone I don't know whereas I would know who and where my local car audio shop is if anything goes wrong.

Hi
I've just come accross this topic and I'm wanting to upgrade the speakers myself. The 3 Faital Pro speakers seem quite cheap as you can purchase them for less than £20 each. Is it worth getting Bruce to do the work on these speakers for the price he charges or would it just be easier or cheaper to buy them myself and take them to a local car audio shop and get them to do the crossovers and connectors and fit them?
Main reason I ask is that I've no idea who Bruce is and would have to put a lot of trust in giving a decent amount of cash to someone I don't know whereas I would know who and where my local car audio shop is if anything goes wrong.

I did this install on my B9 S5 with Bruce's kit. He's very trustworthy and has been known on various Audi forums for years, I ordered it at 1:30pm one day and it arrived at 8:40am the next. For extra peace of mind I paid via Paypal with Goods & Services (Covering the fees).

I'd highly recommend going through Bruce if you feel confident enough to fit the speakers. If not then as you said just take it to a local Audi shop and let them do it all but I imagine it will cost a fair bit more. I wouldn't recommend trying to adapt the speakers yourself as it requires cutting down the metal to allow them to fit.

Reactions: Marge010
I did this install on my B9 S5 with Bruce's kit. He's very trustworthy and has been known on various Audi forums for years, I ordered it at 1:30pm one day and it arrived at 8:40am the next. For extra peace of mind I paid via Paypal with Goods & Services (Covering the fees).

I'd highly recommend going through Bruce if you feel confident enough to fit the speakers. If not then as you said just take it to a local Audi shop and let them do it all but I imagine it will cost a fair bit more. I wouldn't recommend trying to adapt the speakers yourself as it requires cutting down the metal to allow them to fit.
Thanks for replying.
I just wanted to make sure I wasn't paying too much but I guess there's a lot more work than I realise that goes into prepping these speakers.
I've read that a lot of people have been praising Bruce and his work so I think I will take the plunge.
I'm confident I should be able to fit the dash speakers myself. When it comes to changing the door speakers that might be a little difficult for me but I'm willing to give it a go. Knowing my luck my car will probably explode when I take the door panels off!

+1 on Bruce. Purchased the front speakers earlier this year.

Yes, it's not just the speakers, he custom modifies them so they are a perfect fit for our car, in physical size, but also electric crossovers so they are correct resistance etc. He was also available and replying to emails helping me fit on a Sunday straight away.

One thing I will say, is I found fitment slightly awkward and it took me a lot of fiddling due to difficult access. This was the first time I had done it though, think others found it easy enough. I got there in the end, but with a lot of swearing!

At the end of the day there's a lot to be said as well for leaving your car somewhere and letting them do it all if you're lazy like me generally lol. But you should have no worries dealing with Bruce if you want to try yourself

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

+1 on Bruce. Purchased the front speakers earlier this year.

Yes, it's not just the speakers, he custom modifies them so they are a perfect fit for our car, in physical size, but also electric crossovers so they are correct resistance etc. He was also available and replying to emails helping me fit on a Sunday straight away.

One thing I will say, is I found fitment slightly awkward and it took me a lot of fiddling due to difficult access. This was the first time I had done it though, think others found it easy enough. I got there in the end, but with a lot of swearing!

At the end of the day there's a lot to be said as well for leaving your car somewhere and letting them do it all if you're lazy like me generally lol. But you should have no worries dealing with Bruce if you want to try yourself

I've been in contact with him and I'm now waiting for the speakers. Apparently he's in demand so he's got a few to do before mine but hopefully all should be good soon enough.

I've read a few posts on these forums and I've watched some YouTube videos on how to fit the speakers. I noticed that the 2 side speakers seem to be easier to fit if they are upside down first and then slide into the hole and flip them upright as they go in.

So I got the speakers from Bruce. They are definitely an improvement and they sound like how I would expect the sound system to sound like. There's not much bass but you can't expect a lot of bass from these speakers but I am happy with them and it is definitely worth doing. I believe I would get a better experience if I upgrade the door speakers as well.

The only problem I had was getting the tweeters in. They went so far but then got stuck and I couldn't move them at all so I've just left them as they are which means I can't screw them in. They seem OK there and I can fit the covers on ok so I'm not too fussed about it. I've been for a long drive and over some bumpy roads and not heard any issues.

Attachments

• IMG_20211030_135532.jpg
    IMG_20211030_135532.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 261
  • IMG_20211030_135538.jpg
    IMG_20211030_135538.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 394
So I got the speakers from Bruce. They are definitely an improvement and they sound like how I would expect the sound system to sound like. There's not much bass but you can't expect a lot of bass from these speakers but I am happy with them and it is definitely worth doing. I believe I would get a better experience if I upgrade the door speakers as well.

The only problem I had was getting the tweeters in. They went so far but then got stuck and I couldn't move them at all so I've just left them as they are which means I can't screw them in. They seem OK there and I can fit the covers on ok so I'm not too fussed about it. I've been for a long drive and over some bumpy roads and not heard any issues.
I had the same issue as this. To solve it I threaded some string underneath and pulled up on it to lift the lower of the two sides. Once you do that it drops into place.

alternatively just butcher the foam on the side where it catches. It’s hidden under the speaker grille so you’ll never notice.

Exactly the same issue! Mine were wedged in and couldn't move them. So no screws either for me.

It's been like that since January though and no issues. These speakers don't really carry much bass by design, so not like they will be vibrating and rattling about or anything

Hello All

I have the Audi Sound System (ie non-B&O) within my car. I have been following a thread on the US Audiworld site, whereby members have been describing how they started replacing / upgrading their speakers:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/au...-***-audi-sound-system-eu-base-stere-3004792/

A major contributor to the thread is a member called Bruce_Miranda, who is UK-based. He has replaced all the speakers in his A5, which he is sharing with other forum members.

I have initially upgraded the three dash speakers ie the two corner tweeters, and the centre speaker. These were ordered through Bruce, as he provides them with the correct crossovers and connectors fitted. The removal of the dash trim is relatively straightforward - highly recommended to use plastic trim removal tools. Again, on the Audiworld site, this can be searched for, with a particular thread containing lots of photos.

In terms of the speakers themselves, the difference is superb. Vocals that were previously restricted to the speakers at your feet, can now be heard from across the dash; the cabin is filled with music from the dash speakers. It is not overpowering, it simply lifts detail so that it can be heard as it should be.

This is a relatively simple upgrade, that brings about a massive improvement - I wish I had done it sooner!

My thanks to Bruce for his help, without which I simply would not have done it. However, and again with help from Bruce, I am now looking at replacing the rear tweeters, and replacing the sub.

For anyone considering this, I would definitely recommend contacting Bruce, if just to benefit from his experience.
Hello biggaz76, can you please message me.

Thanks for this thread, totally planning to do this also, though I would like to add a multi channel amp and a ton of sound deadening.