Audi software update for ECU

syed123

Reaction score
Hi all

So I've been to the dealers for so called 'software updates' related to the ecu and ever since I've been back the car is definitely feeling different.

The gear changes are not as firm as before but are a lot smoother, almost imperceptible. The car also feels somewhat faster but I'm most impressed by how smooth it feels.

So it's either Audi have flashed the ecu with some update or they've over ridden the tmc map on my gearbox.

Hard to really tell!

Either way I did like the way the tmc flash made the gearbox changes feel but since the software update it feels like Audi have changed the map on the gearbox.

Dare I say it I think they may have nailed it.

Time will tell...

Anyone else been for the recall? I know a few s4 or s5 owners had a gearbox update which had positive feedback for the 8 speed zf

It's definitely on par now or better than the tmc tune, if it is indeed the gearbox they have put new software to.

I believe syed123 has the 272ps diesel. Thus this maybe the gearbox update to the ZF eight speed gearbox other members have had performed..

Reactions: syed123
Which model/variant of the A4 is being updated?
if your thinking about Audi Aust. - forget it. Already asked the question about a trans update. None slated for Oz.
Oz/UK are different Audi regions. Just 'coz it is slated for another region - means nought.
#​
YEP!! Yet again another member who can't be bothered to insert their model in the Signature, but expects other members to have a crystal ball. Courtesy & Respect - it isn't that hard!

Last edited:
if your thinking about Audi Aust. - forget it. Already asked the question about a trans update. None slated for Oz.
Oz/UK are different Audi regions. Just 'coz it is slated for another region - means nought.
#​
YEP!! Yet again another member who can't be bothered to insert their model in the Signature, but expects other members to have a crystal ball. Courtesy & Respect - it isn't that hard!

I've quoted loads of times on other posts that I have the 272 tdi tuned by tdi tuning (tuning box) a dtuk pedal box and a gearbox flash by tmc motorsport.

Please can someone tell me for the life of me how I put that on the signature!

Tried before but haven't a clue lol

Which model/variant of the A4 is being updated?

I have the 272 and they called me in for an ecu update.

They didn't mention any changes to the gearbox control unit but I definitely feel a difference.

It could be that they've done something to the tcu because the way it changes gear is even smoother now..

Reactions: cuke2u
As you are already signed in, go to the very top line that has 'your handle', 'Inbox' & 'Alerts' and press 'your handle '(syed 123).
from the list of options, press 'signature'. Insert your text. Press 'save changes'. There is a limit to the text (mine is at max.).

Whenever I change my signature I have 2 x 'AudiSport.net's' open, 1 on your signature page & the other on any post you have made.
Insert your signature or any changes you want make, press 'save changes,' go to your post page, exit that thread (back to 'Forums' to capture the change to all your posts throughout all threads & categories), go back in & your post should display the changed signature. If you are unhappy with the way the signature is set out, or there is an error, you can go back to the signature page and repeat the process for change.

Trust you can follow.

Last edited: