Audi Service plan

Jscribe

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is the Audi Service plan really worth the spend? Meant to cover servicing cost for 3years at £399.

They try to sell all sorts to you when one goes for the pre-handover paper work

At £14.88 mine is £10 a month cheaper than the one my Ford had so I think it is good value...

Hi all,

Is the Audi Service plan really worth the spend? Meant to cover servicing cost for 3years at £399.

Yes it is if you plan to get it serviced at an Audi dealer and do say over 10,000 miles a year. Given Audi's fixed priced servicing is £159 for the Interim and £309 for the major it could cost you £627 for two interims and one major over 3 years. Note I use the word 'could' as I only use the fixed price servicing as a guideline - it should be no more than this. In reality a major service on our S3 is going to cost £243. The last interim was only marginally cheaper. When we started looking at the S3 there was a service pack for it but, Audi stopped offering it a few months before we actually got round to buying ours otherwise I would have added it with no hesitation.

Hi all,

This PLAN is no longer available - was advised by my dealer last week - checked out with Audi customer services and they came back to me and confirmed that it's no longer available to purchase

To confirm what Andy203 said above - it's no longer available to purchase, despite them still advertising it on the website.

Tried to buy this earlier this week, computer said no.

When I ordered my car in January this was still an option at £399 which I thought was a bit expensive . I decided against it for cost reasons as expect to do about 5000 miles P.A and it was 18 months on my A1 before it needed a service.

However had a bit of a re-think as looks now like my S3 may do slightly more miles P.A (6000) and more short journeys. Worried about a big first bill so thinking the £20 a month service plan might be a good option as it's my only one now the £399 pack has gone.

But thinking about it even more - that means £720 over 3 years. Surely in 20,000 miles of expected ownership I wouldn't pay that much in serving costs on an S3? Maybe if I was doing say 10,000 miles P.A - in my circumstances just no idea what's best.

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean about 20,000 miles as three years equals three services thus divide £720 by 3.

Not sure what you mean about 20,000 miles as three years equals three services thus divide £720 by 3.

No not that straight forward. Initial interim service £159 and then maybe one major at £309. Add in another interim and total costs are £627 so £100 odd cheaper than £20 a month option over three years. I'd be happy to pay the £20 a month on this scenario as like the fact I can spread the cost.

BUT with my current experience in my A1 I have only had 1 interim service in 2 years 3 months doing the same sort of miles and journeys. I don't know if the S3 would do the same - I'm guessing it won't so just pondering all the options.

^ Those prices appear to be for cars aged 3+ years.

On a S3 - the Oil Service is in the region of £200 and the Inspection Service will be in the region of £300

(see previous threads for actual prices/quotes obtained)

Reactions: Pulp84
^ Those prices appear to be for cars aged 3+ years.

On a S3 - the Oil Service is in the region of £200 and the Inspection Service will be in the region of £300

(see previous threads for actual prices/quotes obtained)

Decision made - thank you!