1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Audi S8 D3

Rémon Sep 12, 2020

1. Rémon

Rémon Registered User

Hi,

My S8 is due for new spark plugs. The engine is standard, except for an ECU tune/REMAP.
    Which plugs are best to use?

Furthermore, I keep getting these annoying codes after about 150-200 km: P0171 & P0174

Changed the fuel filter, that didn't help. Engine idle's rough when cold.

Would be very grateful for a some advice.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Homer Simpson

Homer Simpson Tiptronic

I would use plugs from Audi/TPS or the OEM equivalent.

The codes refer to a lean mixture. Have you checked the the vent hose that runs across the top-rear of the engine?

Incidentally, what gains did you get from the remap? Was it after manifold flap removal?

4. Homer Simpson

Homer Simpson Tiptronic

I would use plugs from Audi/TPS or the OEM equivalent.

The codes refer to a lean mixture. Have you checked the the vent hose that runs across the top-rear of the engine?

Incidentally, what gains did you get from the remap? Was it after manifold flap removal?

5. Rémon

Rémon Registered User

Thank you for your response!
    I found that the NGK Laser Platinum Resistor PFR6WTG/5547, should be the original plugs.
    I'll order these.

I'll check the vent hose tomorrow in daylight.

The remap was done before I owned the car. The precious owner commented that the response became better.
    The flaps are still in there actually. I cleaned them this summer after cleaning the ports.
    It is better to remove the flaps?