Audi s7 misfire issue

Michael mclaughlin

Reaction score
Hi I had a random misfire on a long journey recently, happened twice , cyl 3 . plugs were changed last year about 1000miles ago , Bentley ones I fitted .car is running stage 2 .
so I bought new plugs denso ones ,and new coils Lucas ones , thinking wtf just change everything again , so ripped out all the old plugs and coils replaced everything , took it for a drive spot on ,
took it back out later that night and when travelling home put the foot down a wee bit and eml came on the the emf light ,
ran a scan miss on cyl 6 and 7 , changed the coils back again same thing , replaced the plugs back again same thing swapped the plugs and coils to different locations still cyl 6 and 7 misfiring , put injector cleaner through it still the same , any of you guys have and more ideas , pissd right off with it just now .. thanks michael

sorry cant help directly
pick up the trail on this and it might lead you to some answers https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/820525-2012-Audi-S7-persistent-misfire
your stage 2 , related car is stage3 may have similarities
worth a compression check for peace of mind
Thanks mate , I’ve read that post previously , I’ve spent hours on it trying all different variables , doing my head in , can’t be the plugs can’t be the coils , injectors maybe , o2 sensor maybe . Strange how it’s went from cyl 3 at the outset to 6 and 7 now ,