Audi s7 misfire issue

Michael mclaughlin

Hi I had a random misfire on a long journey recently, happened twice , cyl 3 . plugs were changed last year about 1000miles ago , Bentley ones I fitted .car is running stage 2 .
so I bought new plugs denso ones ,and new coils Lucas ones , thinking wtf just change everything again , so ripped out all the old plugs and coils replaced everything , took it for a drive spot on ,
took it back out later that night and when travelling home put the foot down a wee bit and eml came on the the emf light ,
ran a scan miss on cyl 6 and 7 , changed the coils back again same thing , replaced the plugs back again same thing swapped the plugs and coils to different locations still cyl 6 and 7 misfiring , put injector cleaner through it still the same , any of you guys have and more ideas , pissd right off with it just now .. thanks michael

Michael mclaughlin

sorry cant help directly
pick up the trail on this and it might lead you to some answers https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/820525-2012-Audi-S7-persistent-misfire
your stage 2 , related car is stage3 may have similarities
worth a compression check for peace of mind
Thanks mate , I’ve read that post previously , I’ve spent hours on it trying all different variables , doing my head in , can’t be the plugs can’t be the coils , injectors maybe , o2 sensor maybe . Strange how it’s went from cyl 3 at the outset to 6 and 7 now ,