Audi S7 2015 Resonator Delete

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

New owners of an Audi S7, was wondering how to go about getting the car a bit more louder as stock the V8 sound is so hidden.

Also is there an issue with doing the resonator delete, Cons and Pros? Any drone issues?

I have the front resonators and middle box deleted, and it sounds great!

The front resonators are removed and replaced with straight pipe, and the middle box replaced with an x-pipe.

4.0TT%20Exhauset%20System_zpsc67wcatn.jpg

I have the front resonators and middle box deleted, and it sounds great!

The front resonators are removed and replaced with straight pipe, and the middle box replaced with an x-pipe.

4.0TT%20Exhauset%20System_zpsc67wcatn.jpg

Thanks a lot, do you have any videos etc of your s7? Does it pop and crackle?

Wouldn’t leaving the front resonators make it louder?

Right now with my S7 I can hardly hear anything what’s the point of a V8.!!

The pop and crackle isn’t really connected to the exhaust, although removing front and centre does make it more pronounced.

Are you on the C7 or C7.5 version of the S7? The older C7 has almost zero pop and crackle, while the facelift C7.5 has it.

Pop and crackle is a feature of the fuelling configuration/map, driven by the ECU software. The C7.5 has a modified map as standard, making the effect much more pronounced. Removing the exhaust restrictions makes the pop and crackle louder.

Modifying the older C7 exhaust has little effect on pop and crackle, since it’s not there in the first place. Hope that makes sense :racer:

Last edited:
Found this clip, not the best, but gives you a taster of what it can sound like. Fast forward to around 1:18 onwards.

Reactions: AJ Jacob
Found this clip, not the best, but gives you a taster of what it can sound like. Fast forward to around 1:18 onwards.

Thanks for that! I don’t think mine is a c7.5 cause it’s 65 plate. As I haven’t heard any pops or crackles.

Do you have any drone issues on the motorway?

I’ll take it a local exhaust shop and see what they come up with.

No drone issues, just plenty of V8 vroom :racer:

Find a local independent exhaust shop to deal with. The bigger retail guys are not usually interested.

Reactions: AJ Jacob
No drone issues, just plenty of V8 vroom :racer:

Find a local independent exhaust shop to deal with. The bigger retail guys are not usually interested.

I wonder if the pop and crackles could be added in with a c7.5 ecu

I believe it can be added in with an ECU tune. It’s just a bit of over fuelling when you lift off the accelerator, causing some fuel detonation effects.

I’m running APR Stage 1, but that’s recently added. The video clip was from before the tune was added.

Went to my local exhaust guys and they recommended I put the x at the front and straight in the middle. You ever heard of this method?

I am assuming as long as both banks are balanced shouldn’t matter right?