Audi S6 C7.5 Revo stage 1

I'm my opinion the sat Nov with all Audi's is ****. That's all you get. Everything else is standard anyway but you're probably right for resale

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

I think you get more than that.. I'm using rsap in mine to take over my phone's SIM card which gives me Google map and traffic feeds into the satnav. And I like the TFT minimap displayed between the dials.

Actually, one thing I thought was really odd was how low-spec all the cars were that I looked at. Especially the dealer cars. A few years back, most people buying a high end car would add loads of options, and dealers would load up their demonstrators for obvious reasons.

Not sure why, but all the S6s I found for sale had almost no options. Except for the tech pack which they pretty much all had.

Seems odd to me.

Reactions: pez81
Something else that surprised me:

My previous long termer was an Alpina B10V8 which was a 4.6 litre and yielded 21mpg overall without any babying.

Fast forward 20 years of design and engineering development, an increasing focus on economy, add in cylinder deactivation, stop start and low friction tech and a sleeker shape - and now I get 23 mpg, when I'm trying really hard...

How is that even possible? How has there been no real improvement over those 20 years?

Just seems odd. I realise cars are bigger and heavier these days but still...

My previous long termer was an Alpina B10V8 which was a 4.6 litre and yielded 21mpg overall without any babying.

Fast forward 20 years of design and engineering development, an increasing focus on economy, add in cylinder deactivation, stop start and low friction tech and a sleeker shape - and now I get 23 mpg, when I'm trying really hard...

How is that even possible? How has there been no real improvement over those 20 years?

Because theres more power and you want to use it you can get 30+ easy on motorway even at 80+

Because theres more power and you want to use it you can get 30+ easy on motorway even at 80+

There is definitely more power (which I love) but that's not it. At the moment I'm driving as efficiently as I possibly can just to see what's possible. I'm driving a lot more gently than I ever did in the Alpina (which would also do 30mpg on the motorway).

So it's 21mpg on a 20 year old engine without trying, versus 23mpg on a state-of-the-art unit, whilst trying really hard.....

I think the S6 engine will improve a little over time but not by much. Just seems really weird, the more I think about it.

There's the added weight too 2ton

4wd vs rwd? Nothing you can do much about transmission losses with 2 more driven wheels.

You can go silly with options and it's easy to convince yourself you need them, lots of pricey add ons that don't really give you much, I'd like a bigger screen, hud and acc, but I can live without them - I've got Bose as it's standard on the black edition and I only really got that for the rs6 style wheels and de-chrome, although I have had many loan cars from Audi and the standard Audi isn't as good as the bose, as for the £6k upgrade to B&O, crazy!!! I've got a diesel soundtrack, so I need a stereo that can help me forget lol

Reactions: Audimad
You can go silly with options and it's easy to convince yourself you need them, lots of pricey add ons that don't really give you much, I'd like a bigger screen, hud and acc, but I can live without them - I've got Bose as it's standard on the black edition and I only really got that for the rs6 style wheels and de-chrome, although I have had many loan cars from Audi and the standard Audi isn't as good as the bose, as for the £6k upgrade to B&O, crazy!!! I've got a diesel soundtrack, so I need a stereo that can help me forget lol

I think the black edition is great, wish I had it. Agree that the Bose upgrade is probably worth having and that the B&O can NOT be worth that much, not in a car. Ridiculous. Unless you have money to burn, of course, in which case - why not!!

Even so there are things I'd want before the B&O.

Has anyone compared the 20" ride quality with the standard 19" wheels? I hear it's good, but is the difference noticeable / significant?

I test drove a car on 19s and bought one on 20s, there is no noticeable difference

I test drove a car on 19s and bought one on 20s, there is no noticeable difference
Until you go back to 19s after driving around on 20s! With the step up, it doesn't feel too much difference, but stepping back down, the car is instantly more agile and responsive, plus your mpg improves!

I've weighed them too, only 1kg difference in weight per alloy and tyre, both running continental tyres, but the rotational mass is the killer here!

i meant generally in ride quality, i know it will be killing the mpg and the handling, the wife's car has a 20mpg increase from 17s to 16s

i meant generally in ride quality, i know it will be killing the mpg and the handling, the wife's car has a 20mpg increase from 17s to 16s
Mine is on 20s and rides way better than my s4 on 19s

There's a very noticeable improvement on ride quality stepping down a size too. Again, when going up to 20s, I thought the ride was great, but going the other way was somehow magnified?!

Car is booked it to fix an annoying rattle from the exhaust and whilst she's in secondary cats getting ripped out. Need some more growl. I'm probably go get downpipes too. I just can't stop. I think I have an illness of the mod kind.

Reactions: mcwharam and Rhyso
Car is booked it to fix an annoying rattle from the exhaust and whilst she's in secondary cats getting ripped out. Need some more growl. I'm probably go get downpipes too. I just can't stop. I think I have an illness of the mod kind.

Ha ha ha ha!!

I'm afraid there is no cure. So you might as well enjoy it.

I don't know which route to take re noise. I want to hear more of it some of the time, but I want to retain the ability to cruise silently too.

I don't want to have to mash the throttle to hear the noise either. I'd like to hear some rumble at idle and more noise when accelerating on partial throttle.

It's almost like - God forgive me - I want someone to find a way to reprogram the Soundaktor to be louder... That must be doable....

Secondary resonators removed today and the crows have left thank God. It was the rear flap so we just unplugged the actuator and it fixed it. Cars sounds brilliant. I'll do a proper video and review soon as I can but sounds fantastic. The crackle on overrub is addictive and the v8 burble is sweet as

Reactions: jojo
Okay guys first of all apologies for 3 things 1.) my face 2.) video quality 3.) no external video or driving shots.
But here is my first full review of my S6 with x pipe mods and everything else i've done. I'm very new to this so it's like a bad movie with no script and even poorer casting. Hopefully you won't vomit when you watch it.

Reactions: Peter Metcalf, xpoweruk, jojo and 1 other person
I think your smile says it all.

This will be my Christmas mod!

Do you have a pic from under the car showing the modified exhaust? :racer:

I think your smile says it all.

This will be my Christmas mod!

Do you have a pic from under the car showing the modified exhaust? :racer:
Thanks mate yeah it really is quite good. I'll see if the shop has one. It's nothing fancy but professionally done. Remove those front resonators too that's they key. Otherwise it's just a bit better this is way way better.

Reactions: RAF_S7