Audi S5 Tyres...

deanyoungson

Reaction score
Hi all,

According to YourAudi my S5 Sportback is currently sitting at a UK port... cant wait!

However, I am seeing various examples sporting Hankook tyres - a medium brand rated tyre on a performance car such as an S5?

I have owned BMW's (M235i) and Mercedes (C63) previously and they have always come with high performance Conti's, Pirelli's or Michelin's.....

Can S5 owners please let me know what tyres they have received on their pride and joy, as I am becoming increasingly concerned and my dealer has no idea...

Also can somebody please advise, will the car come with run flats or a spare wheel in the boot?

Cheers in advance!

D.

However, I am seeing various examples sporting Hankook tyres - a medium brand rated tyre on a performance car such as an S5?

Certainly not a medium brand more that they are less we'll know against the household names such as Continental, Pirelli etc. Reviews compare them favourably.

I had them (by choice) on my previous car and was very pleased and on my A5 I wasn't disappointed when I realised I had Hankooks there too.

Thanks for coming back to me on this guys... I didn't realise they had that Hankook were no longer a lesser brand, good to hear!

How are you finding your S5's so far?

Thanks for coming back to me on this guys... I didn't realise they had that Hankook were no longer a lesser brand, good to hear!

How are you finding your S5's so far?

Awesomeness incarnate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received my S5 Coupe last week and it came with Continetntal Sport Contact 5P tyres

The car is awesome!

Reactions: MikeSel^
Which port is your car at? Has the healer given you an indication of how long before it's available for you? Mine is on a boat on its way to Grimsby - I am hoping to have it before the May bank holiday weekend with any luck!

You will lucky to take delivery by then, I would say next week. Its up to the logistics company once it arrives at the port and out of Audi's hands.
They are in the business of filling up transporters for delivery to a local area rather than getting you your car.

Next week would be before the bank holiday weekend, so fingers crossed. if it take slinger it takes longer, I had always though it would be June when it comes ( ordered end Jan!) so may earlier would be a bonus

I meant the following week as once it's unloaded say tomorrow it's up to the logistics company which cars they take where and when. My experience is allow 1 week and if it's less you're lucky.

I ordered mine 8th February 2017, it arrived at my office on 3rd May (I was lucky to be able to do a spec change on a cancelled order). The longest wait though was from the Port in the UK to the dealership. It arrived into the UK on 4th April and took over 4 weeks to get to the dealership (granted it was Easter in between that period which added a few days).

That's exactly my point, its entirely up to the logistics company. If that had happened to me I would have complained to Audi, 4 wks is frankly ridiculous.