Audi S5 memory seats in A4 B7

dimitar.tuntov.5

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
right guys after pick up my new Supersport seats from S5 i will need some help get them working !

my A4 B7 has only lumbar suport , heating and airbag connectors - so i have totally 3 connectors Yellow for bags, green for heating and red for power!
I know that have to upgrade the cables from 1m up to 2.5 because of the power BUT because they are with memory i read a few things that will be easy if i find the correct memory switch will be easy insted of rewire the whole seats !
Is there anyone who can help - i'm ready to pay for fitting if they start moving or some help will be appreciate
Thank in advance
this is what they look like
image sharing

Reactions: ruicor, DrStrange, Dani_B19 and 1 other person
Got your pm, will reply when stopped driving.

Reactions: dimitar.tuntov.5
dimi your best plan would be to sell them to me and save yourself a lot of work.. haha
Its not a big issue fitting them dimi etc, you just need to identify what circuits you need to use and a suitable supply .

dimi your best plan would be to sell them to me and save yourself a lot of work.. haha
Its not a big issue fitting them dimi etc, you just need to identify what circuits you need to use and a suitable supply .

Sound like a plan - why not
Came and pick them up today ?

By the way - best mod ever will be this one for me !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate ! Hope they will look even better in my car
IMG 6856

Reactions: THQuattro

Is a bit more complicate mate ! They have memory module so if i want them working with memory i need buttons and harness to go with or i need to avoid all these modules and all 3 electric motors to receive streight power and working only like normal electric seats - both ways will do me !
I'm not fussy spending another 200 on parts and £££ for labouring but will see what NHN will offer if he want to do it !
If not i will do it as i know - only power seats

..and the fact thay they will provide extra comfort whilst driving.

Personally, even if they dont do all of the above, they still are amazing seats!

Not 100% sure but this write-up might be useful. Over on the other forum.
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur..._type=t Memory Seat and Mirrors DIY (Part 1)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm done - seatbelts DIY to fit the anchor , bolt on and these seats need + and - to work !
Done it and all good to go - Heating, airbag and power connectors !
Thanks to NHN for not texting me back and i done it myself which save me a few quid !
If anyone has question regarding A5 seats in A4 let me know !

IMG 6939

IMG 6937

Reactions: James.c, Dani_B19 and GDCAUDIA4B7
all looking super swanky like dimi.....

yep, sometimes you just need to sit down and think things through and then things become clearer.

They look awesome! Great job!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

For all people want A5 seats in A4 - seat belt anchor is different now but nothing major and all connectors are different as well so they needs to be new or your existing one (chopped mine) as they have to be ordered from Audi ! They are not £££ but time ! These seats want "+" and "earth" to work and bolts are same !
Hope that help

Reactions: eRRoxXx
Dimi, I've said it before and I'll say it again, those seats look awesome mate! I personally prefer them to the wingback RS4 seats.

Reactions: DrStrange and dimitar.tuntov.5
Dimitar..amazing job!

The seats look fantastic.

54727977 438582653552416 5614304313582026752 n

Hello, I have an A4 B6 a bought seats out of S5. As you said, they are direct bolt, eletric features fully work, I also connected the airbag but I´m having a problem with connecting the heating of the seats. Anyone would be so enormously kind and would help me figure this out? I know that the heating is very different from S5 but I don´t think so I´m smart enough to figure it out. So guys, please? Anything helpful you can share? Anything.. Thank you!

Tried to install s5 fronts in b7 avant ran into a problem with front seatbealt anchor , s5 seats don’t have anchor point for seatbelt how do i solve that?

Hi guys, I just bought my RS5 seats which I want to install into my B6. Apart from the seatbelt anchor, my concern is the component protection... Did anyone of you guys have issues with that? Because I want also my memory seat position to work... what would be the best approach? Change the modules?
Thanks

CP doesn't exist on the B7 like the 8T/K, they will work power wise, the heating system is much more involved, memory side not tried to do on the B7 for supersport seats, although had thoughts how to achieve, but it's not straight forward so to speak.

I had seat belt anchors on my S5's, so I'm bemused by others reports.

Thanks NHN for the quick answer.
So, the CP won't activate on the 8T modules under the seat? Interesting...
About the heating, so just "plug and play" with of course re-pinning the connectors to the right ones wont work? Would you mind share what more has to be done?

Okay, so the toughest point will be the memory to get it to work...

Will keep you updated as soon as I get them and start working on it

When connected to the bus on say another A5, it will trigger cp.

Full features aren't available on say another A5 until cp has been cleared.

Heated requires quite a bit of wiring, I can't go into as takes too long.to explain.

Found this thread and I am trying to get a set of S5 (2013 w/memory) to work no need to use memory. I had one seat working with direct +\- then after a few minutes it stopped. Nothing else was connected just a straight bench test. Is there anything can related that locks them up after a few minutes? The other seat did not move when tested. I am assuming it is related to being memory seats or lack of CAN and need to test them. If I need a low voltage signal to simulate cam I’ll give that a try.

any thoughts? This is for a retrofit I to a non Audi. It’s been done with non memory but trying to eliminate the memory or test to see if the comfort module died. I no longer have my Audi so seeing how to make use of these.

It May help for some folks trying to put these in an A4. I retrofitted the S5 seats by using a nonmemory A4 harness. You can remove the S5 harness and memory module and swap in the non-memory A4 harness. You need matching seat controls as the memory and non-memory are different. Works like a charm if you have no plans to retrofit memory. The A4 harness instead of the comfort/memory goes direct to the motors.

If your car does not have heat but you want to get these to work you can get either factory switches (which I believe have the regulator built-in) or you use an aftermarket heat kit but only for the switches/wiring. I wired up my seats using an aftermarket kit that had regulators for heat and connected to the +/- on the S5 seats. Works perfectly.

These were not going in an Audi which is why an aftermarket kit (which fit my factory spots) worked for me but the similar setup may work for you if you either do not have the wiring in the car or do not want to deal with it.

Reactions: Sloppy_1
Regarding the seat belt anchor. The 2 door vehicles (coupe and convertible) have the belt anchored to the b-pillar and the 4 door cars (sportback) have the belt anchored to the seat.
For the people that have installed S5 seats from a 2 door vehicle, how did you deal with with the seat belt?

Regarding the seat belt anchor. The 2 door vehicles (coupe and convertible) have the belt anchored to the b-pillar and the 4 door cars (sportback) have the belt anchored to the seat.
For the people that have installed S5 seats from a 2 door vehicle, how did you deal with with the seat belt?
If your seats are from a 2 door and they're going into a 4 door chasis, then as you mention, you're missing the anchored point on the bracket/frame of the seat.

This was my exactpy my situation, which I only discovered after fitting the very heavy S5 seats.

So I swapped the bracket/frame that connects the seat to the body of the car from my original A4 seats (with anchor on frame) and attached those to the S5 super sports. This included the horizontal pieces that hold the tubular motor (for forward/ back movement).

Bleeding hands, dremeling out a f*cked screw head and about eight hours of work, I had S5 seats in my A4, belts connected and correct movement!

If you don't have a donor A4, search eBay for a damaged set - which is what I did to get my original A4 seats ready to sell.

I might have photos - let me know if that might help.

I also have the original S5 brackets for a coupe/2 door, w/motor.

Reactions: Sloppy_1
I'm done - seatbelts DIY to fit the anchor , bolt on and these seats need + and - to work !
Done it and all good to go - Heating, airbag and power connectors !
Thanks to NHN for not texting me back and i done it myself which save me a few quid !
If anyone has question regarding A5 seats in A4 let me know !

View attachment 116675

View attachment 116676

Sent from my iPhone us
Hi Dimi

I know this thread is pretty old but I have just bought a set of S5 seats to put in to my A4 B7! Mine are currently just lumbar support, no heat! The new ones are fully electric with heat! Could you help me with how u wired it all up?
Thanks in advance