Audi s4 versus ???????? stories.......

S3 Wannabe

Reaction score
..... there don't seem to be many or any on here!

Is it just me not seeing them, or do we S4 drivers not indulge in that sort of thing? When I had my 8L S3 these sorts of stories would always appear on the other forum and were often quite interesting, -as well as comical!

However since being on this forum I've not seen any about the V8 cutting it stuff against other cars. I have to be honest in the 10 months I've had mine I've hardly had any sort of head to head -which has disappointed me. I've been looking for prey but to no avail. Perhaps its these times of hardship and there are less sporty cars out there, or we're all driving more conservatively and not racing??????

:shrug:

Reactions: V6 Quatt
I think its because it takes two to race, and most other drivers dont look at an S4 and think I will have a go at that so you end up with not many confrontations so to speak.

Or.....and here comes the abuse.....most S4 drivers are of the older variety (due to maintenance cost and insurance) and dont go around looking for races !!!

.....I take cover as we speak :music:

lmao why dont you d badge it and put a 1.9 tdi one on the back that will tempt them

Last edited:
Well who knows Im sure you could provoke one maybe........... not that I would do such a thing!!!!

Lowering the tone completely here as well...... Try Mcdonalds on a sunday night!!!

What is the S4 like to live with/run? the tax is like £400 a year isn't it?.I'd love one, the the engine sound would be enough for me. balls to any base ball cap wanting a race.

Yeh get your drift....nice post

..... there don't seem to be many or any on here!

Is it just me not seeing them, or do we S4 drivers not indulge in that sort of thing? When I had my 8L S3 these sorts of stories would always appear on the other forum and were often quite interesting, -as well as comical!

However since being on this forum I've not seen any about the V8 cutting it stuff against other cars. I have to be honest in the 10 months I've had mine I've hardly had any sort of head to head -which has disappointed me. I've been looking for prey but to no avail. Perhaps its these times of hardship and there are less sporty cars out there, or we're all driving more conservatively and not racing??????

:shrug:

Perhaps us S4 drivers don't like to blow our own trumpets to get the approval of others like S3 drivers feel they have too :p.... j/k
Most of the time I am just driving around listing to the v8 so I wouldn't say I've had any races. I did recently keep up with a Maserati GT when it went from a 40 to a national speed limit on a road near me. I think he was on a test drive because it was brand new and near the dealership. I had a the car full of luggage and a roof box on so I think he was quite surprised I stuck with him. He pulled over after that to turn around to probably go back to the dealership to say there was something wrong with it.
Too busy round my way to go fast really. Too busy to go the speed limit most of the time with a join effort between old people and tourists doing 30-40 in the 60 :motz:

I did recently keep up with a Maserati GT when it went from a 40 to a national speed limit on a road near me.

What was that - 2.5 seconds of fun?! :salute:

Too busy to go the speed limit most of the time with a join effort between old people and tourists doing 30-40 in the 60 :motz:

That's why we've got V8s - to bypass these fools.

Like you, I have an Avant, which is far less likely to get noticed for what it is. On the few occasions some little goon tries to race I do one of three things (in order of likelihood):

1. Laugh and burble along as they waste their fuel on their 'victory'.
2. As they cane it, accelerate with very little effort so they can't cut in front of me.
3. Floor it leaving a town's distance between us within 10 seconds.

What is the S4 like to live with/run? the tax is like £400 a year isn't it?.I'd love one, the the engine sound would be enough for me. balls to any base ball cap wanting a race.

I don't know about the newer ones but the B6s are in the £240ish tax bracket.

They get expensive if anything major needs doing but generally they're OK - as long as you're happy (or used to) get 200-250 miles out of a £90 tank of V-Power.

That's why we've got V8s - to bypass these fools.

Yes I do tend to now and again but when there is along line of them I just drop back to try and stop myself getting wound up. Its usally because of a caravan

Like you, I have an Avant, which is far less likely to get noticed for what it is. On the few occasions some little goon tries to race I do one of three things (in order of likelihood):

1. Laugh and burble along as they waste their fuel on their 'victory'.
2. As they cane it, accelerate with very little effort so they can't cut in front of me.
3. Floor it leaving a town's distance between us within 10 seconds.

I swear people just think its a 1.9tdi avant most of the time. I tend to do number 2. alot as well! wipes the smile of there faces

When there's a line of dawdlers it's nice to have enough power that the only decision you need to make regarding overtaking is whether or not you want use the petrol to do it.

I once overtook 15-20 cars in one manoeuvre on a long, straight b-road (similar to but larger than the Broadlands road in Romsey). Ironically I was running late for a speed awareness course in deep, deep Dorset (before they had them in Hampshire).

I once overtook 15-20 cars in one manoeuvre on a long, straight b-road (similar to but larger than the Broadlands road in Romsey). Ironically I was running late for a speed awareness course in deep, deep Dorset (before they had them in Hampshire).

I 'might' know where you mean. Gotta love Dorsets B roads :racer:

I 'might' know where you mean. Gotta love Dorsets B roads :racer:

It's on the way down to Wool (I think - or Wool...something) from Southampton. An old brick wall runs along most/some of it - I can't remember how much as I was too busy laughing at how ludicrous the overtaking manoeuvre was.

I do like driving around Dorset; especially Bournemouth.

A35 by Drax Estate, probably the most dangerous road in the county :lmfao:

Yeh it's pretty bad, several fatalaties each year. Didn't you see the big holes in the wall?!

Drax calls for safety measures as more motorists crash into A31 wall (From Dorset Echo)

How do people manage to batter a wall down like that on a straight road?

There's a notorious s-bend with adverse camber in Chilworth (home of private castles and 5-acre back gardens), Southampton that has someone's wall along the second part.

I think they've stopped bothering to rebuild it now; it gets knocked down at least once a year.

I had the honour of crashing into it in my youth - I used to have a four-wheel-steer Toyota Curren (based on a Celica) and went round too fast on a greasy road. Now, anyone that's owned a car with 4WS knows why the system is quite rare - whilst they're great for parking/turning and help somewhat when cornering, they're lethal on slippery roads because the rear wheels turn in opposition to the fronts, pushing the back round the corner. In the wet it just oversteers without the power.

You've got to have the balls to accelerate out of the skid and bring the rear back in line, I guess. But I didn't have the space or the balls to pull off such a feat and I ended up facing the opposite way with orange charring along my crumpled wing. Didn't knock the wall down though!

I'm more sensible now. I've been involved in quite a few accidents since then* but none have been my fault.

*I even had a bloke crash into my nearside wing whilst it was still battered from the woman who crashed into it a few days earlier!