Audi S4 B8.5 can you put a B8 black headlining in

HarveW

Reaction score
My S4 B8.5 has the cream/white headlining and even though it’s the black edition. I’ve been looking on eBay for a a full set, but seem to only come across For the B8. my question is will the pre facelift headlining fit the facelift.

Can't see why not, I did this in my B8 Dynamik saloon. I think all the .5 changes were on the exterior i.e. lights and and the body panels they affected.

Reactions: HarveW
Also if you buy from somewhere like ebay use the Eastern European sellers as them guys out there worship the Audi lol
I'd bought one complete kit from the Uk and when it arrived I found their idea of "mint" was very different from mine, bought another from Latvia or somewhere like it and although twice the money is was like new.

Can't see why not, I did this in my B8 Dynamik saloon. I think all the .5 changes were on the exterior i.e. lights and and the body panels they affected.
Thanks I was just skeptical on little things being different as it’s a facelift and I would be buying a pre facelift parts. I thought the same but just wanted to get a second opinion before I lay out the money and then the parts don’t fit. I’ll be converting all of it to black. Centre mirror , auto wipers sensor, handles, sun visers etc

Best route in is through the boot, if you take off all the side trim's in the boot it will gain you enough room so slide the main headliner out and in.
The best advice I can give is drop the main liner after removing all the other parts (grab handles are a pain and need a special tool iirc) use the old liner to gauge how far you can bow it from side to side before it creases using a couple of straps and then repeat that process on you lovely black one before sliding in! It's a squeeze but it can be done and it totally transforms the car inside once finished.

Best route in is through the boot, if you take off all the side trim's in the boot it will gain you enough room so slide the main headliner out and in.
The best advice I can give is drop the main liner after removing all the other parts (grab handles are a pain and need a special tool iirc) use the old liner to gauge how far you can bow it from side to side before it creases using a couple of straps and then repeat that process on you lovely black one before sliding in! It's a squeeze but it can be done and it totally transforms the car inside once finished.
I appreciate the advice mate. Will keep me busy over Christmas no doubt. I’ll take my time with it as the car has 0 rattles atm, so everything must go back in the way it left the factory. That tool for the handles, what’s that about? Are there any other tools you you recommend. I know most of it is on by clips and can be nightmare pulling apart. I’m sure it will transform the interior and make it look more modern, especially now thy I’ve added CarPlay! Final thing I need for my interior is the suade super sport seats to finish it off, can’t find them anywhere

This one is pretty good;
Just ignore all the stuff about sunroof.
Not sure if it was a special tool or just that those clips are hard to pull out, I didn't do mine I paid a VAG Indie cash as they wanted to see if they could do it lol! I just supplied them with all the how to info, in the end they had a nice dry workshop where as I didn't even have a garage.
They didn't remove the rear seats as far as I know, just removing that boot trim made a world of difference, also said at the time it was pretty straight forward but having two people when it came to getting the new one in made a big difference as it was a case of gently pulling from inside whilst the other pushed from outside. But very gently. If you strap the new one just a little bit less than the old one you shouldn't crease it, maybe mark the straps with a sharpie when you take the old one out and then you'll know where to back off on the decent one...
I bought one of those trim removal kits off ebay which apparently worked fine.

This one is pretty good;
Just ignore all the stuff about sunroof.
Not sure if it was a special tool or just that those clips are hard to pull out, I didn't do mine I paid a VAG Indie cash as they wanted to see if they could do it lol! I just supplied them with all the how to info, in the end they had a nice dry workshop where as I didn't even have a garage.
They didn't remove the rear seats as far as I know, just removing that boot trim made a world of difference, also said at the time it was pretty straight forward but having two people when it came to getting the new one in made a big difference as it was a case of gently pulling from inside whilst the other pushed from outside. But very gently. If you strap the new one just a little bit less than the old one you shouldn't crease it, maybe mark the straps with a sharpie when you take the old one out and then you'll know where to back off on the decent one...
I bought one of those trim removal kits off ebay which apparently worked fine.
Just had a quick scan through. It’s definitely an involved job ahaha. Again thanks for the help and advice is much appreciated. Still banking the pre facelift fits the facelift. Sounds those clips are ganna be a pain as I expected. Luckily I’ve got loads spare haha