Audi S4 B5 coilovers

eddy_turbo

Turbo!
Reaction score
Been looking for a set of coilovers for my S4 B5 saloon but not having much luck! not wanting to spend over the odds for a set, no more than £300 really as i only really use my car for work and shopping so not wanting some expensive track day coilovers. If anyone has a set for sale or can point me in the right direction that would be great :) Been looking on ebay but not much coming up

adamss24

Reaction score
Stick with Eibach springs and factory 1BE red shocks, much better ride than cheap coilovers !

eddy_turbo

Turbo!
Reaction score
How low can you go on standard shocks tho? Planning on fitting some BBS CH's or LM's and what to get the car quite low.

Around this hight:

82435142.jpg

BBSLM.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
£300 is not going to get you any decent coilovers unless you find someone selling some secondhand ones at a great price.

I have FK's on my A4 and they are wound down quite low and I was always happy enough with them. But on my M3 I got some KW's and the difference is amazing. I think I will get some KW's for the A4 now as the quality is superb as is the ride. They cost a lot more than £300 however.

jcb

Reaction score
no such thing as cheap coilovers

I have KWV3's on my a4 and they were expensive. but then it corners like a go cart

get springs and specific shorter shocks or pony up for some that work.
too low and it will look and handle like sh1t

shaz8389

Reaction score
Getting low negates the benefit of having an S4.

eddy_turbo

Turbo!
Reaction score
As i say its not a track car and i dont really fly around the streets ect... i am just after a set of coilovers to get my car sitting nice. Not fussed about the speed ect, only got the S4 because it was cheap enough and i like the luxuries of the s4. I dont mind spending a little more if i have to just not willing to pay over the top prices for something i wont be putting to full use if you know what i mean?

DPM

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score

wil6817

Reaction score
Ive bought some coilovers for my s4, managed to get them brand new for £330 from germany. There TA technix. Ride is a little bouncier then i wanted but i wanted them for the same reason as you, stance. Still holds the road well tho.