Audi S3 v Golf R - 2017 face lift cars

New S3 should be a superb car - it’s just knowing when it’s likely to be available.
Should be, if they've managed to finally fix the bouncy castle suspension, all the rattles, and lacklustre steering, yes.

Should be, if they've managed to finally fix the bouncy castle suspension, all the rattles, and lacklustre steering, yes.

Ha ha funny how you get used to the spring board suspension & numerous rattles .... & even squealing brakes on the RS3 lol :)

oh yeah nice one :sunglasses:

Hi @TR Hamza

Some great vids you have posted pal :yes:

I like this one too ....

Thanks mate! Yeah that snow video was a bit of fun haha, thought i'd test my luck with standard tyres :)

And in regards to 7.5R vs S3 video, I didn't cover much in that one as I was fairly new to whole video thing back lol, but I should be getting hold of one this week to film.

Had my S3 over a year now so should make for a good comparison!

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Ha ha funny how you get used to the spring board suspension & numerous rattles .... & even squealing brakes on the RS3 lol :)
They fixed a issue with the dimmer switch on the instrument cluster under warranty, and have somehow managed to create ANOTHER rattle / squeak in the process, which sounds like a mouse is trapped behind the light switch. Going back in for warranty in January... Never had any rattles on my old A3. Nightmare my friend.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
There is a lot of standard kit on the Golf R though that is a cost extra on the S3.

Digital screen on the S3 is tech pack only @ £1300
Folding mirrors @ £300
For 19" alloys you HAVE TO spec mag ride etc
@Snake Pliskin - Cant resist this one lol
Cupra I've ordered
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/bhs-mystery-blue-mk3-seat-leon-cupra-300-5-door.340323/

Digi dash = standard
Foldy mirrors = standard
19"alloys = standard
Direct chassis control (DCC) (Adaptive suspension) = standard

But no haldex 4 wheel drive but I do have a trick LSD

I've been told the mystery blue (s*** name for a colour if you ask me) is almost idetical to VW's lapis blue on the Golf R

922df99a8aef50f7fa0d5f7c0fba4547.jpg

Cant see me getting the finish that @Rob2k68 has on his pro detailed Golf R mind ...

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Rob2k68
Cupra I've ordered
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/bhs-mystery-blue-mk3-seat-leon-cupra-300-5-door.340323/

Digi dash = standard
Foldy mirrors = standard
19"alloys = standard

I've been told the mystery blue (s*** name for a colour if you ask me) is almost idetical to VW's lapis blue on the Golf R

Cant see me getting the finish that @Rob2k68 has on his pro detailed Golf R mind ...

That does look incredibly similar.

Yours will be spot on BH from what I’ve seen from you so far - and you’ll have the satisfaction that you’ve done it yourself for a fraction of the cost.

Mines out of necessity really as the roads I go on for work are shared by farm vehicles and the car gets incredibly dirty.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Bristle Hound
Thanks mate! Yeah that snow video was a bit of fun haha, thought i'd test my luck with standard tyres :)

And in regards to 7.5R vs S3 video, I didn't cover much in that one as I was fairly new to whole video thing back lol, but I should be getting hold of one this week to film.

Had my S3 over a year now so should make for a good comparison!
Haha, I randomly saw your snow video last week on YouTube not knowing that you were a member on here. Really enjoyed it mate, I shall check your other videos out now.

Reactions: TR Hamza
When is the new motor due mate ?
@Snake Pliskin - Apologies, missed this one

The first one I ordered was due December/January, but after some thought I re-ordered in November for a March/April delivery which suits my needs better TBH

I was pleasantly surprised that the Dealer honored my original deal too
Yours will be spot on BH from what I’ve seen from you so far - and you’ll have the satisfaction that you’ve done it yourself for a fraction of the cost.
@Rob2k68 - No pressure then ! lol

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Rob2k68
Cupra I've ordered

Digi dash = standard
Foldy mirrors = standard
19"alloys = standard

I can believe that. A sprayer once told me that the Glacier White on the Audi's, is actually a Seat paint from many years ago.

@Snake Pliskin - Apologies, missed this one

The first one I ordered was due December/January, but after some thought I re-ordered in November for a March/April delivery which suits my needs better TBH

I was pleasantly surprised that the Dealer honored my original deal too

@Rob2k68 - No pressure then ! lol

Nice one pal & March - April is a great time to get a new car .... looking forward to the detailing pics already :)

Reactions: Bristle Hound