Audi S3 uprated clutch

webby1001

Reaction score
running revo stage 1. clutch started slipping yesterday. looking at getting a uprated one. went on the sach website and its 605 euros which works out atm at 525 pound. anyone no any uk companys cheaper than this or even a diffrent make. thanks alot

Everywheres pretty much the same mate i got mine from JKM inc the release bearing/slave it was about £500 .
Dont buy the flywheel from them or Audi as there twice the price !!!
The same flywheel can be had from here- http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/ Its £207 +vat. ;-)

Everywheres pretty much the same mate i got mine from JKM inc the release bearing/slave it was about £500 .
Dont buy the flywheel from them or Audi as there twice the price !!!
The same flywheel can be had from here- http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/ Its £207 +vat. ;-)

is this part deffo the same item, its a really good price

Yeah it's the oem LUK flywheel I have recently fitted mine ... I'd have been gutted had I paid Audi for it !!

wow that is good. dont think my flywheel will be damaged thou. i heard the uprated clutch was about 350....do you no anyone else that dose the uprated one for the s3

There is a Helix clutch available but don't know much about it , the Sachs is by far the more common route to upgrade.
Regarding the flywheel I would advise you change it with the clutch imo,once your clutch slips it shines up the flywheel and may cause issues with the new clutch .
Me and a mate fitted mine a few weeks ago and it's a big job,my old flywheel looked fine but I'd have cried if I'd left it and it started to slip !!
Couple of hundred quid well spent for piece of mind imo ;-)

There isn''t a helix available according to helix themselves :(

I emailed them on Monday to which they replied, they are looking into one. They only supply the clutch for the ED30 Golf/Cupra which I don't think will work with the S3 but correct me if I am wrong.

The majority of UK Sachs dealers are looking around £650 for the S3 clutch - so far after my searching, SACHS themselves are cheapest

LUK flywheels can be bought from Eurocarparts for £257+vat (£300) compared to Audi's £600

l had sach fitted on Monday, well pleased. l asked about the Helix, its about 300 more than the sach.

Thats a good price. I'm thinking of uprating my clutch soon so i can get ready for future mods, if a clutch hasn't slipped yet is it ok to reuse the flywheel? How easy/hard is a clutch change?

The clutch pedal is little stiffer at the bottom. There is no room for error when coming of the clutch, its there. Wife said her legs sore . But you get used to it and it does feel a lot better. lve heard that if your clutch isnt slipping then the flywheel should be good to reuse.

Flywheel should be ok

It has to come out anyway when changing the clutch so maybe, if you have doubt, get a flywheel anyway but let the company you have bought it from know that it will be returned if not required as the change over is a 5-7 hour job!! So maybe buy one just in case!