Audi S3 to VW Golf R - Am I a joke to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought a loaded 66 plate TTS for Mrs RG £22k

hows the trim on the super sports seats looking ? Been looking at a tts for a while but majority of the super sports seats are ripped exposing part of the airbag in the 2015-2017 models i think it might be fixed from end of 2017 onwards

hows the trim on the super sports seats looking ? Been looking at a tts for a while but majority of the super sports seats are ripped exposing part of the airbag in the 2015-2017 models i think it might be fixed from end of 2017 onwards
The seats seem fine. We looked at several before buying this one unseen from a dealer on the south coast. Have a few issues which should have been picked up but not heard of this one. Have had SSS on S3 and RS4 with no issues either.

Reactions: Audicfc

There is a known issue with the clips on the plastic side trims snapping (both sides), I believe redesigned trims with stronger clips were fitted to cars from mid/late 2017 cars. Earlier cars could have these fitted free of charge & job included having the air bags changed, but I think this has ended now & you have to pay to have this done.
My car had them replaced in 2017 as a couple of clips had snapped, still ok today.
So if you’re looking at earlier cars might be worth asking your local dealer if this fix was done on any car you’re interested in.

Karl

Reactions: Audicfc
Yes i would prefer a 2015 as they are cheapest but thinking of just holding off till the 2017 tts black editions start creeping down in price a bit, would only like to spend 20k and buy outright but would prefer a manual aswell so that would be a bit cheaper, got a 1.8 a3 8v the now and its too slow and boring to drive and tt is only option with audi i like as dont need a big car

Reactions: NevMan
There is a known issue with the clips on the plastic side trims snapping (both sides), I believe redesigned trims with stronger clips were fitted to cars from mid/late 2017 cars. Earlier cars could have these fitted free of charge & job included having the air bags changed, but I think this has ended now & you have to pay to have this done.
My car had them replaced in 2017 as a couple of clips had snapped, still ok today.
So if you’re looking at earlier cars might be worth asking your local dealer if this fix was done on any car you’re interested in.

Karl
We bought a 66 3 weeks ago. Seems fine so fingers crossed.

Yes i would prefer a 2015 as they are cheapest but thinking of just holding off till the 2017 tts black editions start creeping down in price a bit, would only like to spend 20k and buy outright but would prefer a manual aswell so that would be a bit cheaper, got a 1.8 a3 8v the now and its too slow and boring to drive and tt is only option with audi i like as dont need a big car
Slough have a manual 15 plate low miles £2k . The s Tronic is fine. Had a manual 14 S3 which was great apart from the gearbox. First and reverse were very close together and easy to get caught out. Not sure about standard wheels on the BE. Love Privacy Glass !

Slough have a manual 15 plate low miles £2k . The s Tronic is fine. Had a manual 14 S3 which was great apart from the gearbox. First and reverse were very close together and easy to get caught out. Not sure about standard wheels on the BE. Love Privacy Glass !

i would rather buy private to get the best possible price, if a dealer is selling a car at around 20k then i would hope i could pick up a similar car for maybe 18k in private sale, im not just looking for any tts, it would need to be right colour and spec etc as not in any rush but if the right car becomes available in my price range i wouldnt say no. My last 2 a3’s have been manual and the gearbox has been fine but the clutch in my 8v a3 is a bit slow returning to the top again sometimes as if its not at the top before im ready to accelerate again, only thing puts me off automatic is as the car is 2nd hand its going to be really expensive to fix if the gearbox has any problems and ive never drove an automatic before so it doesnt really interest me for now

i would rather buy private to get the best possible price, if a dealer is selling a car at around 20k then i would hope i could pick up a similar car for maybe 18k in private sale, im not just looking for any tts, it would need to be right colour and spec etc as not in any rush but if the right car becomes available in my price range i wouldnt say no. My last 2 a3’s have been manual and the gearbox has been fine but the clutch in my 8v a3 is a bit slow returning to the top again sometimes as if its not at the top before im ready to accelerate again, only thing puts me off automatic is as the car is 2nd hand its going to be really expensive to fix if the gearbox has any problems and ive never drove an automatic before so it doesnt really interest me for now
Stroud car is £22k . S Tronic is really good and flappy paddles allow manual changes. I’ve had both and would go auto by choice.

Slough have a manual 15 plate low miles £22k . The s Tronic is fine. Had a manual 14 S3 which was great apart from the gearbox. First and reverse were very close together and easy to get caught out. Not sure about standard wheels on the BE. Love Privacy Glass !
£22k

Not so keen myself.. look a bit Bling.. I love nice cars but subtle styling..

OMG come on man ....... can't be boring all your life lol :tearsofjoy:

Alloys are one of the few things which can make a car look more purposeful.

The Golf GTI and R are already restrained so adding a set of funky alloys gives them a bit of much needed anger :icon thumright:

Reactions: NevMan and pburv
I like the RS4 (Carbon) Alloys in my signature picture. What's bring about that. They look purposeful. Not sure about the latest trend to have this type of 'funky' alloys. Subtle is my preference. Not sure about these 'Transformer style' style cars AKA Honda and to a lesser degree the A45, and the wheels on the Gti seem to be part of the latest 'bling it up' fad. Yours RG... boring...

I like the RS4 (Carbon) Alloys in my signature picture. What's bring about that. They look purposeful. Not sure about the latest trend to have this type of 'funky' alloys. Subtle is my preference. Not sure about these 'Transformer style' style cars AKA Honda and to a lesser degree the A45, and the wheels on the Gti seem to be part of the latest 'bling it up' fad. Yours RG... boring...

Even with your RS4 you have gone for the most restrained alloys though so you are indeed consistent.
Transformer style alloy does sound cool .... I like that description :icon thumright:
Dare we ask what alloys you have picked for your porker ? :whistle2:

Reactions: NevMan
IMG 9418
. 21 rear 20 front

Reactions: TYb, Jassyo06, BarryG79 and 1 other person
Tasteful Carrera Classic... There are nice ones but Porsche know how to charge for options. These were over £850 over the standard. Some are £2k.

Great upgrade price that, very good value for Porsche - look ace !

Tasteful Carrera Classic... There are nice ones but Porsche know how to charge for options. These were over £850 over the standard. Some are £2k.
Prefer the carrera sport wheels myself painted in jet black metallic here is my ideal boxster l am still considering,need to contact dealer again for a deal price as the one he gave me was higher than one with the standard Porsche finance contribution so added discount?
3ce678d451338c42006897d3fead894e.jpg
e8c9fb0d39f8e4d1ea6b1630553e3da8.jpg
205acf68a77d9714c0c0f1b07f50d8d4.jpg
ad2a417745b7206a07fa3d053ce5121a.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris4410, Snake Pliskin, pburv and 2 others
Prefer the carrera sport wheels myself painted in jet black metallic here is my ideal boxster l am still considering,need to contact dealer again for a deal price as the one he gave me was higher than one with the standard Porsche finance contribution so added discount?

Nice, Boxster wheel options are different! What’s this about finance contribution? I’m getting a discount plus offer of another £1k if financed.

As good as the TTS is mate - if you have the chance of a Boxster surely that has to be the preferred way forward ?

Reactions: KenL, Jassyo06, Chris4410 and 3 others

Very nice Jassy, this is far more appealing than a S3 or TTS, I do like the TT though.

I’m still none the wiser what car to get, it may have to be a 4x4 as our lanes seem to be flooded more often than not these days.

Reactions: NevMan and pburv
Nice, Boxster wheel options are different! What’s this about finance contribution? I’m getting a discount plus offer of another £1k if financed.

Dealer aint budging from his £1100 discount ie £3100 with the £2000 finance contribution in total, but the more research l do on how the different exterior options can transform the 718 the more expensive it becomes £60k £700 a month with a £11k dep for a 300 bhp car and the more l look at the interior control layout l realise how archiac its becoming especially the climate controls and the ancillary control are....dont get me wrong everything else about it is exquisite but l am a all or nothing type of guy......I have looked at all the ex demos 718,boxster,718 S,718 boxster S...most are in my budget but most have xenon headlights and black interiors.....both l couldnt live with for 4 years

Sadly the 8v RS3 Saloon is no longer available to order...ex demos are over priced £48k for a RS3 Saloon Sport Edition with 15k miles on the clock never...so i'll wait see and what turns up got till March to choose a car

Governments have allowed Covid to ****** up everything in our lives and its getting worse.....

Reactions: FBF01, Jcbmally, NevMan and 2 others
Nah....Final decision lol

just back track slightly ... in the real world lol ... if the Porsche is insanely over priced and i would think exactly the same as you re your comments above ... then I would happily revert to the TTS in the knowledge that it’s an incredible car (with 4wd) and could be had for sensible money.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06, NevMan and 1 other person
I do like this car though ....

Reactions: FBF01, Jcbmally and pburv
Makes a £60k boxster look like a bargain

I said I like it ... not that it’s good value for money ... lol :)

That exhaust does look cool though ... & the alloys :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
It’s a tough call - about £5k difference on list between a well spec’ed 8R and an A45S+. And the Merc has an extra 100HP and (IMO) far better ergonomics.

Yeah I agree. As much as I like the look of the Golf R it’s ludicrously over priced. I paid less than £50k for my 45s & it feels reasonable value looking at the prices now for the Golf R & Audi S3.

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, dbm and 1 other person
It’s a tough call - about £5k difference on list between a well spec’ed 8R and an A45S+. And the Merc has an extra 100HP and (IMO) far better ergonomics.

The 45s has some immense power too.

see it destroy the 35 here.

not a fan of the yellow paint though ...

Reactions: Jcbmally, dbm, pburv and 1 other person
Status
Not open for further replies.