Audi S3 to VW Golf R - Am I a joke to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don’t these political spouts/rants/moans get banned? Tiresome tbh
I apologize mate for starting that small rant by him. I assure you I won't do that again. lol

Reactions: NevMan and 8YARWY
I tend to stay out of things when it looks like it would start trouble on the forum but listening to the 'guff' he comes out with constantly on the same subject really winds me up. I'm sorry now I responded.. He's like a stuck record.
Is that an apology?

I apologize mate for starting that small rant by him. I assure you I won't do that again. lol
What rant. Facts are facts not rants. I don’t particularly want to argue but note how aggressive people can become.

Reactions: quattrorally
We all know your views.
Stop peddling them on here, that would be a bonus.

Reactions: NevMan and pburv
I quoted Audi TTS factual prices 2015 vs 2020..plus a CarWow advert. Check with CarWow rather than ‘mis quoting’ my post please.

Mate, prices for EVERYTHING let alone cars would have risen between 2015-2020, you are stuck in some bizarre time warp. Salary increase since 2015? Or has it stayed the same? No need to answer

Reactions: pburv and 8YARWY
I quoted Audi TTS factual prices 2015 vs 2020..plus a CarWow advert. Check with CarWow rather than ‘mis quoting’ my post please.

I think you’ve missed the point. You crack on by giving ‘facts’, or ‘FACTS’ as you’ve referred to them. Writing it in caps makes them true, obviously.

Reactions: pburv and NevMan
Quoting Audi price rises is fact. I’ve owned them for 40 years! All my facts are facts. Why the arguments ??

Of course the price of an Audi has risen in the last 5 years, as has every other car. It’s called inflation.

Mate, prices for EVERYTHING let alone cars would have risen between 2015-2020, you are stuck in some bizarre time warp. Salary increase since 2015? Or has it stayed the same? No need to answer
Public sector pay freeze 2015- 2019. CPI rise in same period 13.1%

Of course the price of an Audi has risen in the last 5 years, as has every other car. It’s called inflation.
Inflation is caused by? Exchange rates, economic uncertainty, production and distribution costs.

Reactions: AdamInKent
Does it matter what folks do for a living....Naw.....

Reactions: RGBARGEE and Jcbmally
YAWN. Let me guess, you are an accountant

Could be worse Avril my underling is a Tax inspector.....FOOKING Anorak she is..........good job she's still a looker....lol

Reactions: pburv, RGBARGEE, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Could be worse Avril my underling is a Tax inspector.....FOOKING Anorak she is..........good job she's still a looker....lol
So you are torn between "you t##t" and "your so fit and I love you" Nowt wrong with tax inspectors, especially when they nail them tax dodging fookers.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, pburv, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Does it matter what folks do for a living....Naw.....

Not at all, was an obvious statement given all the figures/percentages/rates being announced by someone. Couldn’t give a **** what people do for a living

Reactions: 8YARWY, pburv and Jassyo06
The thread title is the only joke around here.

Reactions: pburv, NevMan, RGBARGEE and 1 other person
Found this interesting

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv, TYb, Jcbmally and 1 other person
Found this interesting

Just skimmed through the highlights & boy a lot of things covered there isn’t there & he highlights some pretty damning things for the S3.

I much prefer the exterior of the S3 but the BM interior wins hands down & the scratchy cost cutting plastics & door arm rests really are a major turn off, as is that small virtual cockpit screen - i’d just have to have the upgrade, that’s a deal breaker for me.

interesting he thinks VW have put more time into making the Golf R special vs the S3 not having that special-ness factor.

love the seats on the S3 still though.

I think there is still enough to like about the S3/RS3 beyond all the downsides though, but you do have to go in with your eyes open to its short comings ... but that’s the same for any car.

Reactions: pburv, NevMan, Chris4410 and 2 others
In the previous generation S3 and M135i, for me the S3 was a clear winner in everything but the engine. I have to say in the current generation if I was in the market the M135 would be my choice, but I have to admit I haven’t driven the new S3 but I honestly don’t think the drive, however good it may be would change my mind as there are just too many things I don’t like about it.

I am looking forward to seeing what Audi can do with the RS3.

Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin and NevMan
Great chance for Audi to make a real statement against competition with new RS3, question is will they? Or will the glorious engine be similar output to current? Time will tell

Reactions: pburv and Snake Pliskin
I don't think it needs to have much of an increase in power, 400bhp is more than enough power for any road car. What it needs to be is more exciting, the current RS3 is very quick, problem is that its very bland to drive and it doesn't look that great either. Audi needs to address these two points.

Reactions: pburv, Snake Pliskin and NevMan
Great chance for Audi to make a real statement against competition with new RS3, question is will they? Or will the glorious engine be similar output to current? Time will tell

I don’t think it’ll get an increase from what’s in the current RSQ3, there hasn’t been any real progress in the natural combustion engines from Audi, either still feeling the pain of diesel gate or spending the money developing EV etc.

The latest A3/S3 is more a facelift and new interior.

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
You are probably right there @TYb

Reactions: pburv, TYb and Snake Pliskin
In the previous generation S3 and M135i, for me the S3 was a clear winner in everything but the engine. I have to say in the current generation if I was in the market the M135 would be my choice, but I have to admit I haven’t driven the new S3 but I honestly don’t think the drive, however good it may be would change my mind as there are just too many things I don’t like about it.

I am looking forward to seeing what Audi can do with the RS3.
They'll do not a lot barring 8y external cosmetics, just the same as in the 8v S3... RS3
I was stood right in front of the 8v saloon and the 8y saloon today both in Daytona Grey same model designation,same wheel size and the 8v saloon is the better looking car especially the front end design that shouldn't ever be the case when a new version arrives

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv, Chris4410 and 3 others
Found this interesting

To reduce understeer in my A4 Quattro a few years back I installed thicker anti roll bars at the rear.
It made a huge difference. Maybe Audi have done this with the 8Y ?

Reactions: Jcbmally and Jassyo06
Just ordered one today.
Daytona grey sedan.
All most fully loaded with all options except the head up display.

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and pburv
I don’t think it’ll get an increase from what’s in the current RSQ3, there hasn’t been any real progress in the natural combustion engines from Audi, either still feeling the pain of diesel gate or spending the money developing EV etc.
Rumours are a slight power increase to 415hp for the standard model and a possible performance model with 450hp. Hopefully we should see something soon.
It really shouldn’t be too hard to get more power, even a basic Stage 1 will give a significant increase, depends if they “want” to, and what they can get away with emissions regs etc

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and pburv
Rumours are a slight power increase to 415hp for the standard model and a possible performance model with 450hp. Hopefully we should see something soon.
It really shouldn’t be too hard to get more power, even a basic Stage 1 will give a significant increase, depends if they “want” to, and what they can get away with emissions regs etc

Interesting, assumed if they haven’t increased for the S3 they wouldn’t the RS.

Reactions: pburv
Interesting, assumed if they haven’t increased for the S3 they wouldn’t the RS.
Yeah, the S3 is a weird one, especially with the way the R has been developed with the 3 (potential) engine specs, you’d think the S3 would be in the mix somewhere.

Reactions: pburv
Yeah, the S3 is a weird one, especially with the way the R has been developed with the 3 (potential) engine specs, you’d think the S3 would be in the mix somewhere.

They are aimed at completely different people, Audi don’t seem to be going after the “car enthusiast” these days and their models reflect this,

There are still some very quick Audi’s available, but I cannot think of one in the current line up excluding the R8 which you could describe as a “drivers car”

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally and pburv
There are still some very quick Audi’s available, but I cannot think of one in the current line up excluding the R8 which you could describe as a “drivers car”
That’s very true, it all seems to be about pops and bangs or zero to sixty times these days.
More about posing than performance.

Reactions: NevMan, pburv and Jcbmally
Pops and bangs? Good luck getting those on any new Audi with the noise regs and the soft limiter on their cars

Reactions: pburv, Jcbmally and NevMan
Pops and bangs? Good luck getting those on any new Audi with the noise regs and the soft limiter on their cars

True, a friend of mine has a FL S3 and it sounds dull as dishwater. I expect the newer models will be even worse.

Put a decent spec into the VW Configurator and ended up at £47.5k pretty much. Might as well go for the CLA45S Shootingbrake at that point...

Reactions: pburv, TYb and NevMan
Status
Not open for further replies.