1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Audi S3 to VW Golf R - Am I a joke to you?

Walternate Nov 4, 2020

1. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

The seats seem fine. We looked at several before buying this one unseen from a dealer on the south coast. Have a few issues which should have been picked up but not heard of this one. Have had SSS on S3 and RS4 with no issues either.

8v1.8tfsi likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. K4RL

K4RL Registered User

There is a known issue with the clips on the plastic side trims snapping (both sides), I believe redesigned trims with stronger clips were fitted to cars from mid/late 2017 cars. Earlier cars could have these fitted free of charge & job included having the air bags changed, but I think this has ended now & you have to pay to have this done.
    My car had them replaced in 2017 as a couple of clips had snapped, still ok today.
    So if you’re looking at earlier cars might be worth asking your local dealer if this fix was done on any car you’re interested in.

Karl

8v1.8tfsi likes this.
  4. 8v1.8tfsi

8v1.8tfsi Registered User

Yes i would prefer a 2015 as they are cheapest but thinking of just holding off till the 2017 tts black editions start creeping down in price a bit, would only like to spend 20k and buy outright but would prefer a manual aswell so that would be a bit cheaper, got a 1.8 a3 8v the now and its too slow and boring to drive and tt is only option with audi i like as dont need a big car

NevMan likes this.
  5. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

We bought a 66 3 weeks ago. Seems fine so fingers crossed.

6. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

Slough have a manual 15 plate low miles £2k . The s Tronic is fine. Had a manual 14 S3 which was great apart from the gearbox. First and reverse were very close together and easy to get caught out. Not sure about standard wheels on the BE. Love Privacy Glass !

7. 8v1.8tfsi

8v1.8tfsi Registered User

i would rather buy private to get the best possible price, if a dealer is selling a car at around 20k then i would hope i could pick up a similar car for maybe 18k in private sale, im not just looking for any tts, it would need to be right colour and spec etc as not in any rush but if the right car becomes available in my price range i wouldnt say no. My last 2 a3’s have been manual and the gearbox has been fine but the clutch in my 8v a3 is a bit slow returning to the top again sometimes as if its not at the top before im ready to accelerate again, only thing puts me off automatic is as the car is 2nd hand its going to be really expensive to fix if the gearbox has any problems and ive never drove an automatic before so it doesnt really interest me for now

8. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

Stroud car is £22k . S Tronic is really good and flappy paddles allow manual changes. I’ve had both and would go auto by choice.

9. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

£22k

10. dbm

dbm Registered User

Autogefuhl review:

Snake Pliskin and pburv like this.
  11. Snake Pliskin

Snake Pliskin Well-Known Member Supporter

Those alloys look ace on the Golf R :icon thumright:

pburv likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. pburv

pburv Registered User

Quite like the alloys on this GTI also.

jassyo06, NevMan and Snake Pliskin like this.
  14. Snake Pliskin

Very groovy ... like those a lot too :icon thumright:

NevMan and pburv like this.
  15. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

Not so keen myself.. look a bit Bling.. I love nice cars but subtle styling..

jassyo06 likes this.
  16. Snake Pliskin

OMG come on man ....... can't be boring all your life lol :tearsofjoy:

Alloys are one of the few things which can make a car look more purposeful.

The Golf GTI and R are already restrained so adding a set of funky alloys gives them a bit of much needed anger :icon thumright:

17. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

I like the RS4 (Carbon) Alloys in my signature picture. What's bring about that. They look purposeful. Not sure about the latest trend to have this type of 'funky' alloys. Subtle is my preference. Not sure about these 'Transformer style' style cars AKA Honda and to a lesser degree the A45, and the wheels on the Gti seem to be part of the latest 'bling it up' fad. Yours RG... boring...

18. Snake Pliskin

Even with your RS4 you have gone for the most restrained alloys though so you are indeed consistent.
    Transformer style alloy does sound cool .... I like that description :icon thumright:
    Dare we ask what alloys you have picked for your porker ? :whistle2:

NevMan likes this.
  19. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

IMG_9418.jpg . 21 rear 20 front

TYb, jassyo06, BarryG79 and 1 other person like this.
  20. Snake Pliskin

NevMan likes this.
  21. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

Tasteful Carrera Classic... There are nice ones but Porsche know how to charge for options. These were over £850 over the standard. Some are £2k.

Snake Pliskin likes this.
  22. Snake Pliskin

Great upgrade price that, very good value for Porsche - look ace !

23. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

We rather like the Spyder alloys ( shown in configurator ) but £1700 and a *ugger to clean. You have to stop somewhere!

24. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Prefer the carrera sport wheels myself painted in jet black metallic here is my ideal boxster l am still considering,need to contact dealer again for a deal price as the one he gave me was higher than one with the standard Porsche finance contribution so added discount? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

25. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

Nice, Boxster wheel options are different! What’s this about finance contribution? I’m getting a discount plus offer of another £1k if financed.

26. Snake Pliskin

As good as the TTS is mate - if you have the chance of a Boxster surely that has to be the preferred way forward ?

KenL, jassyo06, Chris4410 and 3 others like this.
  27. TYb

TYb Registered User

NevMan likes this.
  28. TYb

TYb Registered User

Very nice Jassy, this is far more appealing than a S3 or TTS, I do like the TT though.

I’m still none the wiser what car to get, it may have to be a 4x4 as our lanes seem to be flooded more often than not these days.

29. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

Thanks. Just heard it is on the way to dealer so 10% Brexit surcharge avoided.

FBF01, jassyo06 and TYb like this.
  30. Snake Pliskin

You collecting this month then ?

31. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Dealer aint budging from his £1100 discount ie £3100 with the £2000 finance contribution in total, but the more research l do on how the different exterior options can transform the 718 the more expensive it becomes £60k £700 a month with a £11k dep for a 300 bhp car and the more l look at the interior control layout l realise how archiac its becoming especially the climate controls and the ancillary control are....dont get me wrong everything else about it is exquisite but l am a all or nothing type of guy......I have looked at all the ex demos 718,boxster,718 S,718 boxster S...most are in my budget but most have xenon headlights and black interiors.....both l couldnt live with for 4 years

Sadly the 8v RS3 Saloon is no longer available to order...ex demos are over priced £48k for a RS3 Saloon Sport Edition with 15k miles on the clock never...so i'll wait see and what turns up got till March to choose a car

Governments have allowed Covid to ****** up everything in our lives and its getting worse.....

FBF01, Jcbmally, NevMan and 2 others like this.
  32. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Nah....Final decision lol

Jcbmally, NevMan, pburv and 1 other person like this.
  33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. Snake Pliskin

just back track slightly ... in the real world lol ... if the Porsche is insanely over priced and i would think exactly the same as you re your comments above ... then I would happily revert to the TTS in the knowledge that it’s an incredible car (with 4wd) and could be had for sensible money.

35. Snake Pliskin

I do like this car though ....

FBF01, Jcbmally and pburv like this.
  36. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Makes a £60k boxster look like a bargain

Jcbmally and pburv like this.
  37. Snake Pliskin

I said I like it ... not that it’s good value for money ... lol :)

That exhaust does look cool though ... & the alloys :tearsofjoy:

38. Snake Pliskin

39. dbm

dbm Registered User

It’s a tough call - about £5k difference on list between a well spec’ed 8R and an A45S+. And the Merc has an extra 100HP and (IMO) far better ergonomics.

40. Snake Pliskin

Yeah I agree. As much as I like the look of the Golf R it’s ludicrously over priced. I paid less than £50k for my 45s & it feels reasonable value looking at the prices now for the Golf R & Audi S3.

Jcbmally, pburv, dbm and 1 other person like this.
  41. Snake Pliskin

The 45s has some immense power too.

see it destroy the 35 here.

not a fan of the yellow paint though ...

Jcbmally, dbm, pburv and 1 other person like this.
  42. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

Have you found your taste buds again?

jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin like this.
  43. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Registered User

Not if I can help it, January maybe but if we are all locked down again thanks to this pi55 poor Government's further incompetence I will probably wait until 1 March.