Audi s3 stage 2

S3WOW

Reaction score
Hi guys I have recently purchased a Audi s3 8p the current UPGRADES on the car are
Revo Stage 2 + Software
Milltek Non-Resonated turbo back, No Cat.
Uprated Fuel Pump
Uprated Sachs Clutch, and Lightened Flywheel
Team Evo Cold Air Feed
Forge Blow off Valve
H&R Monotube Coilovers
H&R Uprated Anti roll bars
18" Speedline Turino light weight alloys wrapped in Yokohama Parada Soec 2
A fully Forged Engine!
-Uprated Pistons
-Uprated Rods
-Race Exhaust Valves
-Race Spec Bearings

unfortunatly the car has just developed a loss of power so taken it to my machanic and he's spotted a leak on the fmic which is still stock, the cost of new stock is £410 or I could get an airtec for £600 If I go for the airtec would the car need remapping again?? Also any recommendations on a bigger turbo??

No on another remap due to the intercooler.
Check out TTE 420 or TTE 480

Thanks mate what else I would need when I get the turbo

Last edited:
Nice spec on the car already. @S3Alex is the man to ask. Id be looking at fuelling side of things. 100% get uprated intercooler

Reactions: S3WOW and S3Alex
The beauty of the TTE 420 is that it is an oem replacement.
Your extensive specification does not mention an RS4 fuel valve or an uprated low pressure fuel pump. You might need RS3 8V injectors. A custom map would be needed too to get the best out of your components.

Reactions: S3WOW and S3Alex
Hi guys I have recently purchased a Audi s3 8p the current UPGRADES on the car are
Revo Stage 2 + Software
Milltek Non-Resonated turbo back, No Cat.
Uprated Fuel Pump
Uprated Sachs Clutch, and Lightened Flywheel
Team Evo Cold Air Feed
Forge Blow off Valve
H&R Monotube Coilovers
H&R Uprated Anti roll bars
18" Speedline Turino light weight alloys wrapped in Yokohama Parada Soec 2
A fully Forged Engine!
-Uprated Pistons
-Uprated Rods
-Race Exhaust Valves
-Race Spec Bearings

unfortunatly the car has just developed a loss of power so taken it to my machanic and he's spotted a leak on the fmic which is still stock, the cost of new stock is £410 or I could get an airtec for £600 If I go for the airtec would the car need remapping again?? Also any recommendations on a bigger turbo??

Hi there....

I'd say the first decision is which intercooler to replace it with....the Airtec is fine,as is the Wagner,and I think I can vouch also for the ProAlloy,so there is a reasonable choice.

The next question is how much power is enough,as that will really guide what you need and how much you spend.
With a forged engine,you do have the capacity to look at bigger turbos than hybrids such as the TTE450 and so on,as the bigger turbos do result in more torque,which your engine should handle.

Knowing what parts have been used,and why it has a forged engine at Stg2 would be useful...did you have that done?

The next thing there is that all of those require a new exhaust manifold,and the only ones I'd recommend are the Nortech,which I have.or the similar TSR manifold.

You would definitely need an uprated LP fuel system for this.

The best of the current turbos would be something like a Garrett GTX30/35 series depending on what you want power-wise,or possibly an equivalent from Precision Turbo,but I'm not familiar with those.

Mine is a modified GTX3582,with HTA compressor wheel but you may not want something like that,as it would need a new intake manfold and head work to get anything like the best from it.

prt57 is spot on saying that the hybrids turbos are a much simpler prospect and almost a bolt on option,aside from fuelling and mapping.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cambaines
Hi there....

I'd say the first decision is which intercooler to replace it with....the Airtec is fine,as is the Wagner,and I think I can vouch also for the ProAlloy,so there is a reasonable choice.

The next question is how much power is enough,as that will really guide what you need and how much you spend.
With a forged engine,you do have the capacity to look at bigger turbos than hybrids such as the TTE450 and so on,as the bigger turbos do result in more torque,which your engine should handle.

Knowing what parts have been used,and why it has a forged engine at Stg2 would be useful...did you have that done?

The next thing there is that all of those require a new exhaust manifold,and the only ones I'd recommend are the Nortech,which I have.or the similar TSR manifold.

You would definitely need an uprated LP fuel system for this.

The best of the current turbos would be something like a Garrett GTX30/35 series depending on what you want power-wise,or possibly an equivalent from Precision Turbo,but I'm not familiar with those.

Mine is a modified GTX3582,with HTA compressor wheel but you may not want something like that,as it would need a new intake manfold and head work to get anything like the best from it.

prt57 is spot on saying that the hybrids turbos are a much simpler prospect and almost a bolt on option,aside from fuelling and mapping.
Hey Alex thanks for all the advice atm the car is running 385bhp would be nice to get another 80+ bhp, and I dont know why the car had forged engine only at stage 2 but I found the thread from the guy that has done it and messaged him to find out more info and to find out if he had done the injectors and the fuel pressure regulator and what fuel pump has gone on the car but no reply yet.

Reactions: S3Alex
Intercooler ordered.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170329-092502.png
    Screenshot_20170329-092502.png
    407.4 KB · Views: 242
Reactions: Kaine19
Hey Alex thanks for all the advice atm the car is running 385bhp would be nice to get another 80+ bhp, and I dont know why the car had forged engine only at stage 2 but I found the thread from the guy that has done it and messaged him to find out more info and to find out if he had done the injectors and the fuel pressure regulator and what fuel pump has gone on the car but no reply yet.

Good idea.

If you can find out what's been put in it may be useful.
He may well have had plans for Stg3 or whatever and then looked at the costs...LOL

I'd think it unlikely that he'd have done the LP fuel pump at Stg2,and the most common upgrade to that now would be the RS3 pump with appropriate mapping as the original PWM controller for the pump can overheat if it doesn't know what it's connected to....

As above,the best injectors would be the RS3s but they also would need specific mapping,and AFAIK are good for around 500bhp.

The best way is to have a very good idea of where to stop....I didn't,and in any case found it utterly addictive,so bear that in mind also,as it's very easy to take one step too far and find yourself looking at very large bills.
A hybrid is relatively "cheap"(if anything on this car is) and doesn't need a huge amount of work,and could give you up to 460+bhp for around £3k or so.

The other route is expensive....
GTX30 around £1200-1400 depending on spec.
Nortech exhaust manifold around £1200
Intake manifold around £1200(although you could get away without that)
new V-banded downpipe etc would add around £1200
Plus mapping,labour,and of course VAT.

Reactions: HHS3
Wish i had your spec let alone looking for higher power haha

Reactions: S3Alex and S3WOW
Thanks very much for all the help, Lol @S3Alex that's a definite possibility, 460+bhp surely should be enough haha and if I went down that's route so would I need
Rs3 fuel pump
Rs3 Injectors
TTE 420
Rs4 fuel valve
And are all these parts an easy fix?

Last edited:
Thanks very much for all the help, Lol @S3Alex that's a definite possibility, 460+bhp surely should be enough haha and if I went down that's route so would I need
Rs3 fuel pump
Rs3 Injectors
TTE 420
Rs4 fuel valve
And are all these parts an easy fix?
Much appreciated for all the help guys

That's a pretty decent list for what you'd need.

TTE do now have the TTE480 hybrid...
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...ger-vag-2-0-tfsi-s3-8p-tts-ed30-so-on.290052/

Prices between £2k-£3k depending on whether you buy a complete new one,or recondition/upgrade an existing K04.

The pump is a pain to remove and replace and involves draining the tank and skinning your fingers,plus mapping to suit the pump and possibly an uprated PWM controller.

RS4 fuel valve....cheap but again a pain to fit and requires a few angled spanners,or intake manifold removal.

RS3 injectors.....not cheap at around £500 if I remember.

Rick @ Unicorn would be able to help with injector mapping on the stock ECU.

Mine uses a totally different setup so it's not comparable for advice.

Reactions: S3WOW
That's a pretty decent list for what you'd need.

TTE do now have the TTE480 hybrid...
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...ger-vag-2-0-tfsi-s3-8p-tts-ed30-so-on.290052/

Prices between £2k-£3k depending on whether you buy a complete new one,or recondition/upgrade an existing K04.

The pump is a pain to remove and replace and involves draining the tank and skinning your fingers,plus mapping to suit the pump and possibly an uprated PWM controller.

RS4 fuel valve....cheap but again a pain to fit and requires a few angled spanners,or intake manifold removal.

RS3 injectors.....not cheap at around £500 if I remember.

Rick @ Unicorn would be able to help with injector mapping on the stock ECU.

Mine uses a totally different setup so it's not comparable for advice.
Thanks alot for all useful information, hopefully my golf r sells pretty quick so I can start buying some parts for the Audi. Had a quick look at injectors and looking around £300 wich i dont thinks too bad and the fuel pump seems to be around the £300 mark too soo just need money for the turbo now

Thanks alot for all useful information, hopefully my golf r sells pretty quick so I can start buying some parts for the Audi. Had a quick look at injectors and looking around £300 wich i dont thinks too bad and the fuel pump seems to be around the £300 mark too soo just need money for the turbo now

I think the prices vary an awful lot.

Injectors can be picked up on the cheap if you don't mind used,and some retailers offer very good new prices also...it simply pays to shop around.

The LP pump price is good right now,and better than I'd thought.

I do think the TTE480 is an excellent choice,and @TTE Si is a very straight talking,and honest guy for information.
I haven't even seen the bill for my re-modified/rebuilt GTX3582,and not sure I want to right now!

I think the prices vary an awful lot.

Injectors can be picked up on the cheap if you don't mind used,and some retailers offer very good new prices also...it simply pays to shop around.

The LP pump price is good right now,and better than I'd thought.

I do think the TTE480 is an excellent choice,and @TTE Si
is a very straight talking,and honest guy for information.
I haven't even seen the bill for my re-modified/rebuilt GTX3582,and not sure I want to right now!
I have been having a look around and I can see they vary , i think i will go for brand new injectors just for a piece of mind. TTE480 it is then mate, i could only imagine how much that bill will be lol, I think after the I've had the cooler fitted I'm going to buy the parts altogether and get them fitted at the same time
any advice we're to take it?

I have been having a look around and I can see they vary , i think i will go for brand new injectors just for a piece of mind. TTE480 it is then mate, i could only imagine how much that bill will be lol, I think after the I've had the cooler fitted I'm going to buy the parts altogether and get them fitted at the same time
any advice we're to take it?

I'd give @TTE Si a PM and see what prices are currently.

He'd also be able to give you the hardware specs required.

@Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. should be able to help with fitting and mapping,as should Storm Developments is Reading and AMDTuning in Essex.
Those are the ones that either I've used,or have a very good feedback here.

I'd give @TTE Si a PM and see what prices are currently.

He'd also be able to give you the hardware specs required.

@Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. should be able to help with fitting and mapping,as should Storm Developments is Reading and AMDTuning in Essex.
Those are the ones that either I've used,or have a very good feedback here.
Thanks again mate i have give TTEsi a message just now. Also just been looking for a rs3 fuel pumps and the description said high pressure is that not the right one? Sorry if I'm doing your head in.

Last edited:
Here it is

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170329-171758.png
    Screenshot_20170329-171758.png
    1,011.1 KB · Views: 174
You'll need lpfp. That one struggles above 400 bhp.

Soo would this be the correct one to order? don't want to order the wrong part that's all lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170329-182752.png
    Screenshot_20170329-182752.png
    406.6 KB · Views: 205
I may be wrong but on the lpfp front I think Alex had issues with the tt rs lpfp running the tte420 and ended up with the apr inline pump

I'd also speak to AKS tuning who can supply the turbo and correct injectors/pump, and for the map R-tech performance who have done most of the development on the tte 480 maps

Did you buy your car from Madalex? Your car, mods and number plate look familiar. Good luck with the tuning, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Did you buy your car from Madalex? Your car, mods and number plate look familiar. Good luck with the tuning, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
No mate I bought the car from a lad called Richard a think he may have bought it from madalex though and thanks.

Just had a quick quote from AKS tuning and must say I'm quite impressed looking at around £4170 for all parts supplied and fitted including a few extra bits like r8 coil pack, service, gasket clean etc may be getting the work done sooner than I thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: HHS3, S. and S3Alex
Just had a quick quote from AKS tuning and must say I'm quite impressed looking at around £4170 for all parts supplied and fitted including a few extra bits like r8 coil pack, service gasket clean etc may be getting the work done sooner than I thought.
Whats that for exactly.... ? Temptation is a dangerous thing... lol

Reactions: S.
Lol That's for a
r8 coil pack
Tte480 turbo
Low pressure fuel pump
Fuel return valve
Rs3 8v injectors
And that price was fitting the parts too.

Reactions: Hookmonster
Lol That's for a
r8 coil pack
Tte480 turbo
Low pressure fuel pump
Fuel return valve
Rs3 8v injectors
Thanks mate

What power will you get off the tte480. Or is the clue in the name? Haha

I have been told around 460+ but a few more ponies wont go a miss lol.

What power will you get off the tte480. Or is the clue in the name? Haha

I have been told around 460+ but a few more ponies wont go a miss lol.

The maximum figures are always from an engine and software setup that's fully optimised and pushed a bit,whereas what most people get most of the time may be a bit less.
Don't forget either that 20bhp difference is less than 5% at peak rpm,and unlikely to make any real difference at all.

Mid range torque and response are the most important factors.

Reactions: S3WOW and HHS3
Maybe one day ill be at that power. But for now am taking it step by step and seeing were i end up. Prob on the street due to modding hahaha

Reactions: S3WOW, HHS3 and S3Alex
Lol That's for a
r8 coil pack
Tte480 turbo
Low pressure fuel pump
Fuel return valve
Rs3 8v injectors

I'm sure AKS are providing the adapted injector wiring harness to mate the RS3 units to S3, but never hurts to confirm.
Consider adding R8 spark plugs to that list (NGK PFR7W-T) as they are known for their self-cleaning properties due to the 3-prong design.

I also doubt that the stock S3 LPFP controller will handle the load at higher rpm - I haven't had issues with my TTE420 setup so far, but have a feeling that it may overheat on longer runs. With higher fuel flow required to support TTE480, you may just tip it over the edge, so worth bearing that in mind. Saying that, I would expect lower fuel rail pressures would be needed with the RS3 injectors, so might be fine... Fingers crossed.

I'm sure AKS are providing the adapted injector wiring harness to mate the RS3 units to S3, but never hurts to confirm.
Consider adding R8 spark plugs to that list (NGK PFR7W-T) as they are known for their self-cleaning properties due to the 3-prong design.

I also doubt that the stock S3 LPFP
controller will handle the load at higher rpm - I haven't had issues with my TTE420 setup so far, but have a feeling that it may overheat on longer runs. With higher fuel flow required to support TTE480, you may just tip it over the edge, so worth bearing that in mind. Saying that, I would expect lower fuel rail pressures would be needed with the RS3 injectors, so might be fine... Fingers crossed.
They did mention spark plugs but I just forgot to say, hmm you've got me thinking now, what set up do you have with the TTE420? And thanks for the advice.

They did mention spark plugs but I just forgot to say, hmm you've got me thinking now, what set up do you have with the TTE420? And thanks for the advice.

Here is a list of stuff that I have - http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...-money-pit-project.256146/page-5#post-2799337

Add to that:
Unicorn custom ECU and DSG software
BCS Powervalve 200cel cat system
Revo/ITG Intake
LOBA HPFP
Forge PCV delete
Bilstein B16 iRC coilovers
H&R front and rear sway bars
Whiteline Anti-Lift kit
Yellow Speed 6-pot front brakes with 356mm disks
Braided lines all round

I'm hoping to fit the RS3 8V injectors shortly and get the map sorted.

My s3 is currently running a TTE480 on a fully forged engine.
I am running the rs3 8v injectors along with the TTRS in tank fuel pump.
Ecotune did my mapping. My cars running just under 470hp with nearly 490 ft/ibs.
I was previously running a tte420 which I loved but the tte480 is amazing!!! A massive jump in my eyes, expecially with the amount of torque it produces. Send me a message if you need any help or have any questions regarding my setup

Attachments

• IMG_6590.JPG
    IMG_6590.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 166
Reactions: S3WOW, S3Alex and Hookmonster
Thanks mate I will bare that in mind, I think you have just made my decision to go with the TTE480 lol

Last edited:
Reactions: RS03UGO and S3Alex