Facelift Audi S3 Sportback Black Edition Waiting time?

Alan Butler

Reaction score
Hi... I’m waiting on my Audi S3 Sportback Black Edition. It’s currently still on the Train from Ingolstadt, but has been for the last week.
I’m waiting to see when the status will change to say it is on its way to the UK .

Does any one know how long they waited if they have the same problem.

It’s strange because I ordered 23rd January 18, and the build date was the 12th March 18 but when I checked my status the car left the factory on this date and was already being built before this date.

I’m not too bothered on when the car comes I would just like to know when it is. Been at the docks now for like a week. Last Wednesday it left the factory..
Anyone please help be much appreciated,

Thankyou!
Alan

Reactions: CWT
Mine was pretty quick after leaving the factory, but sat in the UK port for 14 working days, seemed to be forever. I asked the dealer why it had sat there so long and he said they don't usually and he wasn't sure.

I was hoping when I logged in this morning to see it had changed but maybe I’m going to be waiting another week before any sign ... I put a few extras on like so maybe it took longer to make...

How long did u wait in total from order to delivery?

I didnt know how long mine took ordered it december and got an email in feb saying its in the uk but i didnt collect it till march

It all depends on how lucky you are with the ships, you car could be there weeks or days! There is also no priority for S or RS models.

I was trying to see if I could track when the boat goes from emden to Grimsby but could had no luck.. il check again.. just be nice to know when it’s coming..
3 months for you.. hopefully that’s the same for me. Which should be the end of this month.. yeah ur prob right on luck.. I prob just missed the boat and I have to wait for the next one..

Let’s hope it’s not long

I ordered on the 8th November and got delivered on 31st January.

Reactions: Alan Butler
3 months should be the limit then!

Also can you see the numbers status like, Iv seen people put 30-40-60-70 and the numbers represent factory/delivered

I havnt got any of them!

I ordered mine at the end of May 2017 and I was told that it should arrive in the September, so you can imagine my absolute surprise when the dealers phoned and told me my car was with them already and that was the the end of July.

Hi... I’m waiting on my Audi S3 Sportback Black Edition. It’s currently still on the Train from Ingolstadt, but has been for the last week.
I’m waiting to see when the status will change to say it is on its way to the UK .

Does any one know how long they waited if they have the same problem.

It’s strange because I ordered 23rd January 18, and the build date was the 12th March 18 but when I checked my status the car left the factory on this date and was already being built before this date.

I’m not too bothered on when the car comes I would just like to know when it is. Been at the docks now for like a week. Last Wednesday it left the factory..
Anyone please help be much appreciated,

Thankyou!
Alan

I ordered an RS 3 in February, my build week was 5th March. Like yours, it was showing on the Tracker as being built the week before and at Quality control on the 5th. It left the factory not long after, and has sat at Emden for about 12 days. I've checked this morning and it's now (finally) showing as on the way to the UK. I get the feeling getting it on a boat is a complete lottery, and even now I don't know when to actually expect the car at the dealers.

Yeah mate keep me updated with ur car.. so I must have missed the boat that urs is on.. and I guess il be on the next one.. what audi is yours being delivered too?

So you got it a lot quicker then seeing as u ordered in may and got it July..
wish I had ordered the rs3 now tho seeing as I paid £44k for the car

My S3 BE SB went into build on the 26th Feb (week9) and arrived in Sheerness Mon 19th March.
Ordered on a cheapish lease deal, should be delivered to me next week.

It arrived in the UK or at the dealership or lease company? Would it take a week for it to come because there delivering it out to you or you picking it up?

It arrived in the UK or at the dealership or lease company? Would it take a week for it to come because there delivering it out to you or you picking it up?
Where are you based, Sheeness is a UK Port in Kent. From there It will be transported to a pdi centre in Sussex.(not a dealership) Once the paperwork is sorted ( signed and scanned back today) I will agree with the supplying dealer a mutually agreeable date for delivery.

Picking mine up on Monday...

But I had build week of 19th Feb, it was in t he UK within 1.5-2 weeks, at that point I could probably have rang the dealer but from leaving the factory on 19th Feb (approx) it was sitting in the dealership's compound by the 5-6th March.

Relatively quickly, I guess it depends how much of a rush you're in, that was without me saying anything because I struggled to get a date that I could have off to pick it up from work this month but probably could've had it first week of March had I rang them etc.

I’m based in Liverpool.. so guessing I’m waiting for a boat to go to Grimsby,
Hopefully not long now then.. just logged into my account but still no movement..

Yeah mate keep me updated with ur car.. so I must have missed the boat that urs is on.. and I guess il be on the next one.. what audi is yours being delivered too?
It's going to Wolverhampton Audi, so I'm not sure what UK port its likely to go to. I'm guessing it takes about 24hours to get to the UK?

My build date was the 12th March so hopefully have mine in a week or two..

Think il be going in the dealership on the day no matter what the circumstances hahah.. tho is the first car I’m not as bothered about to get but at the same time waited long enough now haha..

Let’s hope it goes on the boat soon..

Yeah I got told it takes about a day to get shipped over and then il have the wait of it getting picked up from the docks in the UK and transported over to Liverpool ( other side of the country)

Wolverhampton should be going to Grimsby.. I would have said that was the closest

Oh nice one mate.. il look into that!
Did your car leave the Day the build date was set?
My build date was the 12th but left the same day. It’s been at Emden now for 8 days.. how long from when you got an update saying “ on way to UK “ did you wait?

Just had a call from the dealer. It arrived last night and if all goes to plan, I'll have it for Easter weekend!! Not bad considering I've had bodycare detailing and I know that takes a couple of days to apply.

Mine was at Emden for about 12 days in total. When I phoned up customer services, I was told it becomes a priority if it's there longer than 15.
Yours should be on the move any day now.

I should add it arrived at Grimbsy last night, not the dealers!

Congrats mate. When was ur build date?
I got told by audi that the detailing gets done at the showroom and only takes a few hours..
I akso got told that they don’t actuallg apply it and they just put the kit in the boot and say they have.. got told that by retailers and say that audi do a shocking job.. not too sure how much it was to get the cover done but audi offered me it after I ordered the car cos they had taken it off the sale of the car.. at £299 which was cheaper I got told..

Also did they say that the lorry would pick it up from Grimsby as soon as or is it gonna sit there for another 2 weeks before a lorry comes?

Ahhh ur build date was a week before mine.. so let’s hope it comes a week after

Just had a call from the dealer. It arrived last night and if all goes to plan, I'll have it for Easter weekend!! Not bad considering I've had bodycare detailing and I know that takes a couple of days to apply.

Mine was at Emden for about 12 days in total. When I phoned up customer services, I was told it becomes a priority if it's there longer than 15.
Yours should be on the move any day now.

In regards to your detailing, is that the one provided by Audi? If so, interesting choice!

I refuse to let the garage touch my car, they’re not going to valet the outside on purpose because I’ve seen how the Aston Martin garage details a car never mind Audi... the bucket of water they use is black and full of grit and grime. They then rub it on your car and leave lovely swirl marks and potential scratches. On that note, they’d do that then detail the car locking in any grime so mines being done by a 3rd party after delivery on Mon, dropping car off on Tues then they’ll have it for 24-36 hours to coat it in ceramic and I know the paint will be flawless before applied, unfortunately I can’t say the same for the state any garage would leave it in... at the end of the day they don’t have the time, effort or care to usually do a good job. Hence other detailers do a better job as they do it all day, everyday

The dealers exact words were, 'we have targets to meet',so it'll be at the dealers asap.

I had a lifetime shine applied to a TT I had previously and it was worth every penny, so I can only comment on previous experience.
The Golf R I currently drive had the ceramic applied after I'd picked it up at a local detailers. While it was just as good, picking up a new car and then losing it for 3 days was a pain. I'd sooner it all get done at the dealers.
If the paintwork is marked when I go for collection, I won't be signing on the dotted line!

190E3F19 C81A 498F AC0B CCE46C51ABA1
69B9FA83 482D 4F80 8421 834E998DDC24
Yeah let me know how u get on.. I just thort I’d go pay the same money and get it done by a detailer I know and will do a propa job!

Iv bought white!! So Iv bought the couple with the least amount of maintenance to keep it looking new.. I have a few black cars now and they are such a nightmare to keep clean..

Btw!!! Has anyone ordered the grey leather seats???

Attachments

• 347AF2DE-C0B4-445D-9DC2-E97571C212F3.jpeg
    347AF2DE-C0B4-445D-9DC2-E97571C212F3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 127
Oh nice one mate.. il look into that!
Did your car leave the Day the build date was set?
My build date was the 12th but left the same day. It’s been at Emden now for 8 days.. how long from when you got an update saying “ on way to UK “ did you wait?

Yes, pretty much. It was at Emden by the Thursday of build week. It went to status38 a few days later and sat on the dock for 11 days. To pass the time you should now be able to see your VIN number within the JSON data, its normally right at the end. You can setup your myaudi account and download your car manual.

The order tracking thread has loads of posts on the JSON data

View attachment 151489 View attachment 151490 Yeah let me know how u get on.. I just thort I’d go pay the same money and get it done by a detailer I know and will do a propa job!

Iv bought white!! So Iv bought the couple with the least amount of maintenance to keep it looking new.. I have a few black cars now and they are such a nightmare to keep clean..
I think they look great in White. I've gone for Ara blue as my Golf is white and I fancied a change. Or rather when I showed my missus what I was having she said 'not another white one'

I havnt had any of this code business with like the 30-40-50 stuff...
Mine just said status changed when my car was on the train.. that’s all Iv had..
well tbh I have company cars so I bought this for my bird to use and I will just use it at weekends.. but the only colour she would have was white.. I did want silver.. as much as it’s a boring colour... it looks amazing with all the black on it.. and I have a 2 golf gtd.. white and black.. so gonna get rid of the white one and go for the white s3.. but I deffo would pick the ara blue.. looks insane when the sun bounces of it.. and u can tell straight away it’s an s3 from the colour.. bet u can’t wait for your toy to come so u can burble down the street/.
What colour interior did u go for?

Apparently u can open ur valves on the exhaust all the time.. even in eco mode.
There’s a video on YouTube on how to do it.. saves getting ur exhaust cut off haha

I couldn't work out all that code business either! I just waited for the status to change!

Only a week to go now, but apparently the weather's going to be pants, so I may hold off a day or two
I went for black with red stitching, I thought about grey but I've a 7 and a 1 year old, so decided against it.
I know I'm in a minority with this one but I didn't want the sports exhaust. I may of been tempted if it altered the performance but having test driven cars with both, the standard exhaust was plenty loud enough for me.

U can get the option on the rs3 for a sports exhaust but u can’t on the s3 can you? I will be sooo gutted if I missed that tick box? Haha.. tbh just me and my bird so think the grey might last a little longer than having 14 kids hahah.. ahhh did u get the super sport seats? I just got the standard seats in grey but got all the other extras.. tech pack and drivers pack with the adaptive cruise control.. kinda wanted the smoked Crome standard wind Mirrors and alloys.. but on the black edition I’m growing to like the alloys that come with it.. just prefer the other ones that come on the standard car.. have to send me pics when u get it mate

I don't think there was an option for sports exhaust on the S3. I had a Mk1 S3 years ago and that had grey nappa - it looked the tits! If it wasn't for the kids, I'd of had that instead of the black.
I've had pan roof, B&O, reverse camera, sports seats, titanium wheels, folding mirrors, privacy glass, red brake callipers and roof rails (chrome).
I actually prefer the S3 wheels to the RS3 rotors but that's not an option!

So have u gone for the normal s3 with all them bits.. think it was cheaper for me going for the black Edition with most of them things being standard such as the the B&O, privacy glass.. etc... one thing I regret not getting was the pan roof.. I love having it in my car now so not getting it in this will do my head in but... as I said earlier I’m only gonna use the car every now and then when I get bored of my car.. hope the white is sparkling.. and Iv gone for the ibis white and not metallic white because seen a few and it looks cream.. looks dirty all the time..
deffo let me know how u get on when u get urs tho!

So have u gone for the normal s3 with all them bits.. think it was cheaper for me going for the black Edition with most of them things being standard such as the the B&O, privacy glass.. etc... one thing I regret not getting was the pan roof.. I love having it in my car now so not getting it in this will do my head in but... as I said earlier I’m only gonna use the car every now and then when I get bored of my car.. hope the white is sparkling.. and Iv gone for the ibis white and not metallic white because seen a few and it looks cream.. looks dirty all the time..
deffo let me know how u get on when u get urs tho!
It's the thing I miss the most (well only thing) coming from my A3 to the S3, no panroof, really did make the interior feel much lighter but I had it open very frequently as well. Would be interested to hear what the S3 sounds like with the roof open too :p