Audi S3 revo stage 2+

willz17

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I just picked up a s3 with revo stage 2+

car seems fine in gears 1-5, but in 6th gear after about 3-4k revs there's a slight hesitation to go past 4-5k revs?
it does go past 4k revs eventually but hesitates abit.

would this be due to the car running the standard air box?
i heard stage 2+ should have a upgraded induction system?

let me know
Thanks
will

On stage 2+ you should be running a cai as the standard is to Restricting

Exactly as above.

We tried keeping mine looking stock a while back and at Stg2+ this doesn't work.

The standard intake restricts airflow and the end result is misfires.

Get a good intake system like the AMD intake or perhaps the Revo although the AMD would be cheaper and at least as good.

How much would I be looking for an decent intake?
any links to the web? And is this fairly easy to fit?

thanks for the advice guys
will

Right think I will be buying one of these soon then,
is it easy to fit? And does it require the engine cover to be permanently removed?

Let me know
thanks guys

Right think I will be buying one of these soon then,
is it easy to fit? And does it require the engine cover to be permanently removed?

Let me know
thanks guys

Like all CAI's...relatively easy to fit providing you have nimble fingers and a few tools,and yes,it does require the cover to be removed,as this makes up part of the stock intake system.

Nothing to do with the op but do amd do like a health check?

Reason I ask is because sometimes my car scares me and some times it doesn't feel like it's over fast!

Hopefully s3 Alex will no this!

Yeh think I'm going to take it to a revo dealer to health check it over and maybe get a quote there for the CAI
hopefully they can sort me out a good deal =]

Nothing to do with the op but do amd do like a health check?

Reason I ask is because sometimes my car scares me and some times it doesn't feel like it's over fast!

Hopefully s3 Alex will no this!

AMD are very careful in looking after customers cars.....they'll make sure it's in good nick first,and then install the software,and set it up for you.

The S3 from stock is brisk but not scary,and it needs a good bit doing to the suspension,brakes and engine to get to that stage.

Whilst trying to fit the CAI will i have to take front bumper off?

And my handbreak today seems very hard to pull up, and when i pull it up with difficulty, the car doesnt hold? on a slight hill it would roll forward.

Is this just a simple handbrake tightening procedure by a garage? or is it something serious which would cost alot?

Let me know
Thanks

Will

Sorry Alex probably didn't explain myself lol!

Its already stage 2+ h&r spring h&r arbs and ap racing 6 pots! Just sometimes I'm like yep this is stage 2!! Then other times it just feels a bit flat!

I didn't no if they offered a sort of plug in check to make sure they map/furling etc is okay!

Sorry Alex probably didn't explain myself lol!

Its already stage 2+ h&r spring h&r arbs and ap racing 6 pots! Just sometimes I'm like yep this is stage 2!! Then other times it just feels a bit flat!

I didn't no if they offered a sort of plug in check to make sure they map/furling etc is okay!

Ahhh...got it.

What software are you running?

You think the AmD CAI is better than the ITG one then?

Looks pretty similar from the photos

You think the AmD CAI is better than the ITG one then?

Looks pretty similar from the photos

I can only speak from what I've seen.

They both have similar design principles in the smoothly tapered piping for the MAF,whihc should minimise turbulence,and that the AMD is the widest overall up to that point,but what I can't say,is which is better.

No to sure what software I'm running mate all I no it's it's miltek tbe, apr twin bucket, fuel pump, itg cai.

Got told its revo stage 2+

took the car for a drive last night, and yep something is wrong!
when i floor it around 3-5k revs area the car sort of goes loud and hesitates to go past 5k revs.
Although after a moment or so, once it passes the 5k rev range it shoots like a rocket?

Is this really due to the lack of CAI for stage 2+?
Or could this be caused by something else?

Will

took the car for a drive last night, and yep something is wrong!
when i floor it around 3-5k revs area the car sort of goes loud and hesitates to go past 5k revs.
Although after a moment or so, once it passes the 5k rev range it shoots like a rocket?

Is this really due to the lack of CAI for stage 2+?
Or could this be caused by something else?

Will

There are a few possibilities from plugs and the like to the intake.

You really need to get it to someone who can log it and find out what's happening.

next weekend, i will take it to a tuning garage, hopefully they will know whats wrong.
my mate also has a vag-com so might be worth seeing him to do a error code search?

Hope this wont cost alot to fix :(

spark plugs / cam follower / high fuel long trims / bad intake causing missfiring / etc. Get it plugged in to a computer and see what error codes you get. Where are you based?

I am pretty much based in cardiff mate,
Had it plugged into VCDs and no errors came up apart from something to do with cooling?
Anyways I got the revo intake on order just waiting for the tuners to get back to me on when they can fit it for me since its free fitting =]

Good luck then hope you will get you sorted well:]

Thanks mate, the car will be going to Got Boost Performance this afternoon for the Revo Induction =]
I hope it solves the hesitation in the lower revs range. Had it scanned VIA vag com and no errors came up, so must be lack of air getting into the engine? I mean stage 2+ is asking for more air but cant recieve? thats what i think anyways.

Fingers crossed!

Update:

Had the new revo induction installed and i must say its helped alot and the car feels so much better to drive =]

However the tuners plugged in vagcom and went on a test drive to get live figures, something to do with low pressure.
He said this figure shouldnt be different from the other figure +/- 10. My live figure was giving a difference of 50 something!!!!

Apparently it might need a new cam follower (tappet)
Car is booked in for tuesday night to be checked out, hope its nothing major as he said its a common problem and should be changed every 2 services?

Will