Audi S3 Revo Stage 2+ Theoretical Top Speed

s3_trev

Northern Ireland
Reaction score
Hey,

Im just wondering has anyone ever worked his out? I had a search on the forums but could really find exactly what I was looking for. The figure of 181 was mentioned?

Im referring to an Audi s3 8p with Revo Stage 2+ software and all accompanying hardware. Using V Power or equivalent fuel.

I am aware that its probably more to do with the gear ratios rather than the power the car is producing, so does anyone know the top speed for the standard 8p s3? Obviously its limited to 155 from factory but if this was removed?

Obviously I am not suggesting anyone try and figure this out as that would be dangerous and reckless, I am only speaking theoretically here.

Thanks.

My old S3 had a unicorn stage 2+ and seemed to run out of ideas (engine power vs air resistance) at 163 mph GPS speed. Could have maybe wring a couple more mph but 190 would likely require a downhill gradient.
This was on an autobahn so perfectly legal

I achieved 170mph speedo indicated on my stage 1 with still more to go, I'd imagine this would be something like 160-165mph GPS speed.

Felt perfectly stable at those speeds too but the runway certainly helped with that.

I've heard that the S3 can only achieve a max of 182mph regardless of power due to the limitation being the gearbox.. Thats all its geared too..

Don't know how much truths in that tho, but thats what i've heard and makes sense

Reactions: s3_trev
The DSG Gearbox can do 200mph+ unsure about the Manual Box

At APR Stage 2+ I achieved 182mph on the Dash Speedo, obviously the Dash Speedo isn't 100% accurate but it was still cool to see 182mph showing lol.

Surely your top speed stays the same ! Its just the time it takes to get there is lower with more power as the gear ratios are still the same

Typically as a car is tuned the power band moves up the rev range so more power is available at higher RPM, Thus the top speed increses. You can see the video above the tacho is well past the red line at 7500 RPM.
Top speed of a car is a fairly pointless figure as most cars will never see it, the same as most 4x4'S will never go off road.
There are so many variables involved, wind direction and speed, air pressure, variations in tune between different engines, fuel quality, tyre size etc etc.
Karl.

Last edited:
Reactions: s3_trev, Sayam, S3Alex and 1 other person
162 mph I clocked on custom code stage 1 from Wakefield to Sheffield bit of a downhill run tho.