Audi S3 Remap?

S3 KANO

Reaction score
Hi all

Pretty new to this Audi lifestyle. I bought myself a 2011 black edition Audi S3 from audi themselves back in August 2014.

Starting to get the feeling to remap it BUT unsure where to go for the remap as I am getting all sorts of different recommendations from people so I thought why not ask on here of where you guys thinks best to go to get a remap done? Looking for good power increase, obviously reliability, and has a good reputation??

Would appreciate it very much for some feedback

Cheers people

REVO for the win. Awesome power gains transformed the car :-D I went for the linear map that imo was perfect. :-D you won't believe the difference!

Pretty much all of the major companies will produce a similar result at each stage.

Don't be taken in by the hype from one or two,as all fall roughly in the same ball-park.

Revo,APR,AMD,Shark and a few others will sell you reliable,soild off the shelf maps,that will work with good results on virtually all cars.

If you want custom mapping,then Rick@Unicorn is the man to see.

I use Revo software on my car,and have had no problems with that from Stg1 through to Stg 4,but am looking at custom mapping now.

Reactions: doctor46goat and S3DUST
Pick somewhere reasonably local to yourself,and find one of the major software providers,ideally one recommended by some of us,and you'll get a decent result.

If you're around the Midlands I can highly recommend Nick at R-Tech over in Hinckley. Very knowledgable, good reviews and only cost £290 for my stage 1 map.

Reactions: Yega
@S3 KANO What general location are you ?
I'm located near heathrow airport. I have been recommended to SCC Performance as they supply REVO mapping. What do you think of going there? And going with revo mapping?

If you're around the Midlands I can highly recommend Nick at R-Tech over in Hinckley. Very knowledgable, good reviews and only cost £290 for my stage 1 map.
Yeah I got chatting to someone the other night who was stage 2+ and he said Revo is not the best as he had it on his S3 but now he currently has a an R TECH map and he said that they were/are pretty decent

Pick somewhere reasonably local to yourself,and find one of the major software providers,ideally one recommended by some of us,and you'll get a decent result.

Yeah think I might get revo software

Don't live to far from you and I traveled to r tech for custom map.Can't fault Nick in any way. I've had two cars mapped by him mk5 gti to stage two and my s3 with the stronic mapped.

Massive difference both times and after care help and advice is always there. I actually got recommend to him by a revo dealer which says a lot.

APR/REVO custom map is the way to go as then you can have most aggressive settings and even alter them yourself if you want to (REVO SPS for instance). Happy to take you for a spin in my S3 if you want to see how the S3 can really drive :).

As before,pick a reputable dealer local to yourself.

That way not only will you get a decent product,but if there are any issues,you won't be travelling far to sort them out.

My guys are reasonably close to me so any problems or builds are dealt with quickly and efficiently.

Shark in Mansfield or R Tech In Hinckley. Both great, I reckon I'll be going to R Tech with my S3 when the time comes!

I went with Shark as they are 7 miles from me. BUT go to them to get it done. I wasted money on the STS unit and the result was *****. Once I went to see them and express my disappointment, their customer service was superb. I left very tired after a long day but it was worth it. In fact, it was raining when I left, peak traffic on the roads, it was a right wind up as I couldn't drive 'properly' at all! lol

I went with Shark as they are 7 miles from me. BUT go to them to get it done. I wasted money on the STS unit and the result was *****. Once I went to see them and express my disappointment, their customer service was superb. I left very tired after a long day but it was worth it. In fact, it was raining when I left, peak traffic on the roads, it was a right wind up as I couldn't drive 'properly' at all! lol
Glad you said that cos I've been looking at the STS units for a while, I didn't see how they could be as good as having your car at the place being logged then mapped.

I was that impressed with the chat I had with shark performance on the phone and reading other people's feedback I traveled from Scotland to them 6 hours to get there and I coudbt be happier car has been perfect And does exactly what Ben said it would do be smooth power I'm not changing mine even know other tuners are making higher figures on dtho doesn't Bother me, shark is decent price aswell

Glad you said that cos I've been looking at the STS units for a while, I didn't see how they could be as good as having your car at the place being logged then mapped.
make the trip to them you might even get to see some nice motors when your there they had a polo there was some sort of race company left hand drive said the thing was bonkers and I missed the truck with all the other by about half hour

make the trip to them you might even get to see some nice motors when your there they had a polo there was some sort of race company left hand drive said the thing was bonkers and I missed the truck with all the other by about half hour
That's another bonus of going to the places yourself, you get to see some ridiculous cars.

I have just bought a 2012 S3 sportsback black edition & am new to Audi (BMW's before).
This feed has been great I have only owned it two weeks but have been thinking about the remap already.
I don't intend on doing it for a couple of months as the car is faster than what I have been used to anyway.
If it gets you more mpg & bhp its a no brainer but as I have never upgraded a car before & have obviously spent a good bit buying it I am a little worried about a few things.
Does it harm the car in anyway & can the car handle it (stage one revo) without other upgrades?
Does it effect the car trading it back into Audi? Like will the even know?
As I am planning on trading it in for an RS in a couple of years & am worried they may not take it if remapped?
Thanks in advance people :)

I have just bought a 2012 S3 sportsback black edition & am new to Audi (BMW's before).
This feed has been great I have only owned it two weeks but have been thinking about the remap already.
I don't intend on doing it for a couple of months as the car is faster than what I have been used to anyway.
If it gets you more mpg & bhp its a no brainer but as I have never upgraded a car before & have obviously spent a good bit buying it I am a little worried about a few things.
Does it harm the car in anyway & can the car handle it (stage one revo) without other upgrades?
Does it effect the car trading it back into Audi? Like will the even know?
As I am planning on trading it in for an RS in a couple of years & am worried they may not take it if remapped?
Thanks in advance people :)

Stg1 remaps would take you to around 310-320bhp,and will add a good bit of torque as well.

The engine is very robust,and would certainly cope easily with this sort of remap without any other mods,but it is likely that unless you unload the map before selling,that Audi would be able to find it,if they actually looked.
My advice on remaps and mods is always to assume that they will know,and treat it accordingly,but it's unlikely to knock much off the resale/trade in value.

If you went to Stg2 or above,you get to the sort of area where you need a new exhaust and intake to get the best out of the map.

Mine had run at 360bhp for around 25 000 miles before the next rounds of mods started.

I honestly didn't know you could unload them, then I presume they would never know. Do Audi still take them remapped?
I have always found that most companies don't really do many checks they more want the sale.
I really want to go for it though as it sounds amazing 310bhp as I said the standard 265bhp has me smiling from ear to ear all day. 360bhp must be crazy fast :)

I honestly didn't know you could unload them, then I presume they would never know. Do Audi still take them remapped?
I have always found that most companies don't really do many checks they more want the sale.
I really want to go for it though as it sounds amazing 310bhp as I said the standard 265bhp has me smiling from ear to ear all day. 360bhp must be crazy fast :)

Its just a matter of overwriting the Revo or other remap file with the original file.

Audi don't seem to have too much of a problem provided it hasn't been insanely remapped,but you can be sure it would give them bargaining room.

360bhp(Stg2+) is probably the best value for money upgrade,but would require a fair bit of hardware in the form of exhaust,intake and fuel pump upgrades.

You should try 500-600bhp. LOL

Reactions: RustyBucket and Shaun S3
Yeah I got chatting to someone the other night who was stage 2+ and he said Revo is not the best as he had it on his S3 but now he currently has a an R TECH map and he said that they were/are pretty decent

Getting my R-Tech Stage 1 remap done on the 28th. A friend of mine had his S3 done to Stage 2+ and cant believe how much its transformed the car. I've heard only good things about these guys. Follow them on Facebook, see what people are saying.

Reactions: Shaun S3
Getting my R-Tech Stage 1 remap done on the 28th. A friend of mine had his S3 done to Stage 2+ and cant believe how much its transformed the car. I've heard only good things about these guys. Follow them on Facebook, see what people are saying.

You'll love it......but then you'll want more!

Reactions: Shaun S3
Thanks for that, it has put my mind to rest about the stage one. Can't see me going as far as stage 2 lol I can picture the wife shaken her head if I came in saying I was getting an exhaust etc on it lol.
She is a good wife tho she did get me a shot of a 500+ Lambo at performace portfolio for xmas on the open road for an hour. It what lead me to buy the S3 the BMW 116i felt pants after it lol

Reactions: S3Alex
Thanks for that, it has put my mind to rest about the stage one. Can't see me going as far as stage 2 lol I can picture the wife shaken her head if I came in saying I was getting an exhaust etc on it lol.
She is a good wife tho she did get me a shot of a 500+ Lambo at performace portfolio for xmas on the open road for an hour. It what lead me to buy the S3 the BMW 116i felt pants after it lol

Yeah, I said pretty much the same as you, in fact I was just going to leave it stock, I'm now stage 2 and bolted on an uprated fuel pump last weekend so about to book into R Tech again for 2+. You sound like you love your cars so start saving ;-)

Reactions: Compkiler
Yeah, I said pretty much the same as you, in fact I was just going to leave it stock, I'm now stage 2 and bolted on an uprated fuel pump last weekend so about to book into R Tech again for 2+. You sound like you love your cars so start saving ;-)
Damn, don't say that! I'm only planning to stay at stage 1 but looks like everyone that thought the same just kept going! Damn our hunger for more power :p

Same as me stage 1 was my mark then decided and exhaust and cai would be a good idea so got a custom stage 1 to save on the clutch but the seal went and leaked oil into clurch so thought may aswell get upgraded one and then next thing you know I'm shark stage 3 and thinking about hybrid turbo next year I don't even drive fast all the time just like a wee project and love it on the days I actually get it out for a blast I love the s3 stage 1 makes it feel like a different car all together, I have a lot to thanks the members on here for there advice but also I blame them for spending all my money s3alex seems to like you spending money so avoid him or he will want you wanting more haha

Reactions: S3Alex and Yega
I have a lot to thanks the members on here for there advice but also I blame them for spending all my money s3alex seems to like you spending money so avoid him or he will want you wanting more haha

Just remember it was all you guys on here and VAGOC,that made me do this in the first place.

Anyway,too much is never enough......

Reactions: Gfermer