Audi S3 Rear Bumper

willz17

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I found someone selling a s3 rear bumper but don't know if its the 8p2 or 8p3.

Can anyone identify this by the images below?

yduqegag.jpg

be8ypeqe.jpg

Also is it possible to fit a 8p3 rear bumper onto a 8p2 car? The car is a 2007 Audi s3.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Will

Not sure on the 8P3 onto 8P2, although i think its fine.
That bumper is an early A3 8P2 with the bump strip along the top and the 8P2 S3 valance fitted to it so not a true S3 bumper

Thanks for the swift reply mate,
I was going to say, mine doesn't have the bumper strip.
Apparently its from a S3 according to the breakers I'm trying to deal with.
Just wanted to make sure before I buy it.

Might think of buying a 8p3 s3 rear bumper instead

Thanks

The bumpers do mix and match, only the valance is different between A3/S3 on the 8P2. On the 8P3 the A3 is different as the valance is not wrap around like the earlier one however the 8P3 S3 is the same as 8P2 (if that makes sense lol)
Best of luck!

The bumper in your orginal post seems to belong to a pre facelift model as I have a 2007 Audi A3 with the bump strips and im looking for that bumper for a S3 rep with twin exhaust so if your not buying can you let me know where this is for sale?

Thanks

The bumpers do mix and match, only the valance is different between A3/S3 on the 8P2. On the 8P3 the A3 is different as the valance is not wrap around like the earlier one however the 8P3 S3 is the same as 8P2 (if that makes sense lol)
Best of luck!

If I understood this correctly, I can buy a 8p3 s3 rear bumper Aslong as I buy the whole rear bumper? Complete as in bumper, diffuser all mounting brackets etc.

If this is the case I think I will go with 8p3 as I don't really like the bumper strips.

Thanks
Will

If I understood this correctly, I can buy a 8p3 s3 rear bumper Aslong as I buy the whole rear bumper? Complete as in bumper, diffuser all mounting brackets etc.

If this is the case I think I will go with 8p3 as I don't really like the bumper strips.

Thanks
Will
Afaik, that will be fine as the facelift S3 retained the original split bumper arrangement of the earlier S3. The A3 changed to an insert on the rear bumper on the 8P3.

Afaik, that will be fine as the facelift S3 retained the original split bumper arrangement of the earlier S3. The A3 changed to an insert on the rear bumper on the 8P3.

Thanks man think I've made my mind up and probably go for the 8p3 bumper then.
As for the red one, if I don't need it I will post a link who is selling it.

below is a pic of my cars current bumper before it was damaged.

vevu5u4u.jpg

Can you not get away with part of the bumper or are they both damaged?

bumper shown is a sport/se top bumper with an 8p2 S3 rear diffuser, the way to tell the difference is bet the towing eye covers, 8p2 is large and 8p3 is small square one. plus it has more of a lip around the top of the diffuser where it meets the bumper where the 8p2 one stops 3/4 of the way up if you get me

bumper shown is a sport/se top bumper with an 8p2 S3 rear diffuser, the way to tell the difference is bet the towing eye covers, 8p2 is large and 8p3 is small square one. plus it has more of a lip around the top of the diffuser where it meets the bumper where the 8p2 one stops 3/4 of the way up if you get me

Hi Lewbo,

i guess you didn't see my PM?
still got your blue s3 8p2 rear bumper for sale?
was waiting for you to reply :)

and nope I have to replace both parts of the bumper so need a whole new rear bumper.

Will

never got your Pm mate when did you send it?

never got your Pm mate when did you send it?

Monday 4th August mate, sent you 2 PMs actually. I'm starting to think there's a problem with the PM system.
It was basically a PM stating if your S3 rear bumper 8P2 still available?
The blue one I saw in classified a few months back.

Let me know
Thanks
Will

Just found myself a replacement :)

2ybeba8a.jpg

Any idea how many mounting brackets are required? Just incase mine are damaged? Will probably replace with all new anyways.

I think there's 4 mounting brackets? Correct me of I'm wrong please

Cheers
Will