Audi S3 problem

crazymih

Reaction score
Hello Guys.My name is Mih and I am from Romania .I have Audi s3 AMK 2002 with a remap from TCM turbo Stage 1.The car is stock only the n75 is change from N75F to N75J. I have a problem and seems that in Romania nobody can help me.Before I've remap my car all was perfect the car runs Ok but after the remap I have a problem. In the 3rd gear from 2000 rpm if I push the gas pedal to the floor at ~3200 rpm the car intterupts ,does not pull linear ...after 4000 rpm al is Ok. I don't know what to do.I've check the Dv (stock boch 710n) and it seems to be ok.I'ved tryed 4 different versions of remaps from the same tuner but no luck.At ~3200 rpm when the problem appears the car overboost is ~1,52 bar.I have no error on Vag Com.Please help me and sorry for my bad english.

Best regards,

Mih

Last edited:
Hi and welcome.... I would change the N75 valve back to an 'F'... 'J' version will make the boost spike and sounds like it could be the cause of your issue... with no VAGCOM it going to be tricky to tell for sure but fit an 'F' as a start..

<tuffty/>

thank you tuffy for your fast response...with the n75F the situation is the same ,no difference. At ~3200 rpm before the probleme appear i hear a noise but i can't explain it ..it's a air sound..it's sonds like somethig pull a lot of air or blows a lot of air..

have you checked for any air leaks? mine used to hesitate around 3000rpm then pull fine after that i went round checked all hoses tightened all the clips up seems to be fine now

yes...i'ved checked all hoses and seems to be ok .. it's ~1.5 bar overboost to much for a stock S3? ..it's verry weird because without the remap the car runs Ok...

when i'ved tryed to move the actuator seems to be stuck..my friend accelerate the car around 5000 rpm am i'ved see the actuator moving..

Sounds like it could be compressor cavitation... this happens on K04 turbos that have been mapped... sounds like a screeching sound?

1.5bar peak is not unusal IMO for a mapped K04... I had a Custom Code stage 1 back in the days when I had a K04 on my S3 and that would peak at 1.5bar and hold 1.1bar/1.2bar... I had a screeching noise too (cavitation)...

When I test the charge system on a car for boost leaks I test it too 2bar at least before I am happy its not leaking...

Check for vacuum leaks too under the inlet manifold...

Without VAGCOM to log whats going on its going to be a case of systematically checking pipes etc for splits and replacing them...

<tuffty/>

Looks ok to me boost wise...

Need to log the following blocks....

031 (fuelling), 020 (timing pull) and 115 (boost)

Give me a better idea of whats happening

Also, check what block 032 says when the engine is warm and idling after the runs...

<tuffty/>

i will try to make the log for 031,020 and 115 today.

When I have 1.5 bar overboost the problem is more powerfull ....I will post later here new logs

K04 turbos are spiky by nature, most remaps I know of do this as the little K04 is designed to be fast spooling and takes a second or so for the N75 to catch up to control the boost...

spool and boost look normal in the log you posted which suggests something else is causing the problem you describe.

As you have now had VAGCOM connected did you check for fault codes?

<tuffty/>

yes..no fault codes...i verify for fault codes almost every day . I have the car remaped from the last year..no fault codes ever.

Today i've buy an Forge SPLT-R .I have a fey questions:
1)How i install this dv? In the instructions it's a picture with the DV instaled and it seem's it's different from the OEM Dv (bosch 710n).
2)How i set this Dv ..how many clicks?

Thank you very much!

I would give it back and get a 007P instead... Split-R DV's just make your engine run badly... Have a search as this has been discussed more times than I can remember...

<tuffty/>