Audi S3 Prices

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Is it just me, or are the prices of our beloved 8L S3s slowly appreciating?

I have been looking alot recently at whats on the market and been surprised at the prices I am seeing, some even as much as £5k!!

Not that I am knocking it or anything, in fact, im happy that they are going up in price, I guess as there are less and less on the road, its becoming more of a rarer vehicle, hence price going up.

I have noticed this myself actually, however being an a3 1.8t owner and looking into upgrading soon, kinda makes me wana cry... altho for you guys already owning one it's a good thing... I suppose there are fewer on the road in a decent condition now and they are getting on for 18 years old some of them so they will be classic car material soon... suppose it's a good angle to come from when I apply for the funds from the mrs lol

I am hoping mine will be worth as much as I have spent on her soon :)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Nilz, RS3 ROCKS and Sandra
I did see a minter last year with 39k on the clock for £9k, yowser.

Looking forward to when the 8L is more valuable than the 8P, it's already more desirable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: VAG-Slag
8P prices have come down massively! But there are a lot of 8P cars for sale compared to 8L!

Yeah I've noticed this as well. It seems the traders are asking a premium on even high mileage early S3's, on the premise its a future classic.

The S3 is worth more in parts than to sell as a driving car, so If people carry on breaking them for spares at the rate they are, soon they will be pretty rare which is nice.

Values usually don't start appreciating until after I've sold mine, so you've all a while to wait yet :p

Reactions: Dave Broomfield and Erikn89nl
I know what you all mean, I spent at lot of time looking and I've just bought a 2000 plate in great condition for 4k worth every penny. Will soon be selling my 1999 which is a bit old and tired with quite a few miles on it and a lot more rust on it then when I got her 3yrs ago and should only be looking at £500 cash loss but gained a full miltek system out of it win win.

There's a 2003 silver S3 8l in huddersfield with 107k going for £5495. It's good nic with a few mods but will it sell ?

Reactions: GeorgieS3
I bought my 2003 black S3 just over a year ago for £5000, fresh service with cambelt and waterpump included. One previous owner, full service history with 99k on the clock. I wanted to get the best I could afford. Glad to see these are going up in value :) hopefully when/if I ever come to part with it I'll at least get my money back.

It only looks like they are going up in value because there's very few decent, unmolested examples about. Most are 100k+ tired examples. Noggy blue and Imola yellow have a small premium tax on them also.

Yep Nilz they are going up,getting rarer and rarer.

I heard about a rare white one with a purple engine,imagine how much that would go for :D

Reactions: Nilz, jojo, superkarl and 1 other person
Yep Nilz they are going up,getting rarer and rarer.

I heard about a rare white one with a purple engine,imagine how much that would go for :D

37p ? decent hand in a card game?

<tuffty/>

Reactions: voorhees
I would have thought most of them would have 100k+ by now.

You can have mine for five grand if you want to pay that much for an 8l
:)

White ones with purple engines go faster apparently???

Reactions: voorhees
20160502 194145

I've Just bought my S3 with 111k miles, totally standard apart from the wheels & springs, immaculate inside and out and paid £2500 for her. Snapped the guys hand off! I've seen a few going for around 2-2.5k but when I viewed them they were all rough as hell.

Reactions: Nilz, Stormtrooper and tomjol
View attachment 90297

I've Just bought my S3 with 111k miles, totally standard apart from the wheels & springs, immaculate inside and out and paid £2500 for her. Snapped the guys hand off! I've seen a few going for around 2-2.5k but when I viewed them they were all rough as hell.

Nice buy looks really good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20160502 134235 1
l just paid £3000 for mine, 140k with every service at 6k to 8k , regular trans and haldex changes, really well looked after as it drives better than some with half the mileage I have test driven. I love this old car , can't belive I've been wasting time with Scoobys.

Reactions: moisty
View attachment 90325 l just paid £3000 for mine, 140k with every service at 6k to 8k , regular trans and haldex changes, really well looked after as it drives better than some with half the mileage I have test driven. I love this old car , can't belive I've been wasting time with Scoobys.
Yes, scoobies can be good, but the sheer quality of the Audi is like night and day in comparison, especially the interior.

Reactions: GeorgieS3 and moisty
I bought a 2003 Ming blue S3 8L 10 months ago. 71k with FSH, 6 main dealer stamps, no rust. Garaged since I bought it. Managed to only put 800 miles on it since I bought it! I gulped a bit and paid 6k for it.

The plan is it will become a future classic and I'll get my money back and some. hopefully I've made the right decision??

Reactions: jojo
I bought a 2003 Ming blue S3 8L 10 months ago. 71k with FSH, 6 main dealer stamps, no rust. Garaged since I bought it. Managed to only put 800 miles on it since I bought it! I gulped a bit and paid 6k for it.

The plan is it will become a future classic and I'll get my money back and some. hopefully I've made the right decision??
Keep it standard mate! ;)

Mines lightly modified. I reckon I'd get some good money for it :D

Reactions: Nilz