audi s3 parts discount?

Kash3838

Reaction score
im after the following fro my s3 8p:
replacement panel filter
bluefin
milltek cat back non resonated...

any dealers on here doing any discounts on the bits???

without setting up a group buy where a number of people commit to buy youll be lucky mate

ive seen the previous listings for the group buys but they are out of date........ :-(

yea they normally only last a month or so and i cant think of any running at the moment on either here or vagoc, if its a standard audi filter panel your after, then stoke audi on the main forum page normally undercuts most of the other dealers so that will be your best chance of saving a few quid, but for a map and the milltek dont like your chances much, especially as i believe milltek upped their prices a couple of weeks ago. why you thinking of bluefin for your mapping?

im after an aftermarket filter. and the reason for bluefin is i dont have the time to go anywhere and get a custom map. hence the bluefin which is plug and play. unless there is an alternative thats better?

from what ive heard and read, an aftermarket panel filter wont make much of a difference as the restrictions arnt in the filter itself, but if your going aftermarket, something like pipercross will do you well, you could probably pick them up from somewhere like awesome GTI as i think they sell them.

bluefin is well known, but its also known for being a very conservative map, so you wont get as much punch for your pound. ive got an evolve map on mine (also available with a loading box) on evolves dyno with just the map and a CAI it produced 319 bhp and similar figure for torque and later i had a milltek cat-back fitted and it produced 345bhp and 338 lbft on AMD Essex's rollers so its a very powerful map. another company to look at if your wanting a loading box is shark performance, i think they quote in the 320-330 range, but ive not seen any independent dyno graphs to confirm the numbers

check it out:
s3_tfsi1.jpg

is that off their site?
by independent i mean a RR thats isnt linked to them or one they havent commissioned

these are mine, this is the one i had done up at evolve:

EvolveDynoRun.jpg

and here is my one from AMD:

IMG_0624.jpg

they emailed it me, just spoke to them. worth giving it a try... getting it soon as the car arrives, along with milltek and pipercross filter. and when i do get a chance stick it on the rollers and see what happens.

fair enough
just looking at their site, they seem fairly expensive, especially if you go beyond stage one, and extra £450 per stage is a bit excessive!

I'll have to look into the 450 per stage. I'm sure i was told it was alot less than that.

i would as £900 for just stage 2 before hardware is a shed load of cash!

(also available with a loading box)

What do you actually mean by that? Do they send you something to plug in directly, rather than having to get all the way down to Essex (or wherever it is they're based)?

its £100.00 plus vat per map between the stages. just got confirmation

ah cool, they need to sort their website out then

What do you actually mean by that? Do they send you something to plug in directly, rather than having to get all the way down to Essex (or wherever it is they're based)?

yea, its a box that plugs into the OBD port, you copy your original map to the box, email the map file off to evolve with the included software, they tweak it, email it back to you, you then load it on to the box and then plug it into the car. the advantage of this is you can switch between maps at will, very useful if you have any warranty work needing or in my case a gf thats only used to a 1.0 clio, so the ability to remove close on 90bhp at will is very very useful lol!

just read your review jungleman! now im stumped, evolve or shark??? hmmmm need to think about this carefully!

haha it is a good map trust me, have a chat with Denty on here, he went evolve off my recommendation am sure he will let you know how good it is

lol, i'll speak to evolve tomorrow. i take it they do a plug and play module?..... how does your car drive compared to say a rs4, s5 or ttrs? as i have tried them all but not a mapped s3...

cool, have a chat with imran as hes the main guy and he will will answer any questions youve got, he should be able to give you some advice on air filters, exhaust and any other questions youve got.
yea they have a plug and play module, they call it a 'switch' its identical to the shark unit
ive not driven any of the other cars unfortunately, but at stage 1 with my CAI and cat-back milltek im producing slightly more power then a TTRS and ive had a rolling start drag against an RS4 Avant and it was neck and neck till we backed off so the car is very quick

cheers dude, will speak to him. i'm pretty much sold on it now!! how much of a difference did your intake make?

lol i know im slightly biased as its what ive got, but i cant see you being disappointed
when i had mine mapped i already had it fitted, but chatting with imran, he reckons about 5-8bhp on a stage 1 car, its not needed but it helps the turbo breath easier and the extra noise from the open cone sounds fantastic, come stage 2 its needed as the demands for air are that much higher, the only down side to the Evoms is because its matt black it suffers from heat soak, so ive wrapped mine in heat reflective gold wrap and thats been helping loads
i picked mine up second hand off a member on here haha, but from memory i think its Regal Motorsport that sell them over here

cheers mate, probably do the evoms after my warranty is up, and stick with a replacement panel for the mean time. i can see my wallet being empty pretty quick lol.... i said to myself i was gonna chill out on modding. i guess that aint gonna happen! as long as it puts a smile on my face, then im happy! :)

haha yea i dont blame you, its a pain to take on/off once youve done it a few times you get a lot quicker, i can now whip it off in 5 min, first time, think it took me over an hour lol
yea it gets really addictive the modding game, but all worth it!

Yeh I know I'm sticking to stage 1 on this car then I'm going for something real serious. Already spent out over 200k modding cars. Ouch!

Long list will take a while.... I owned Osaka autodesign. Tuning styling and audio. Mainly jap cars but have played around with some Germans too!!

ahhh can see how you spent that much money... all those toys sat around you, your gonna play!

haha not a bad thing tho, always good to have something to treat ourselves to lol

Jungleman, are your dyno figures at all 4 wheels or at the fly?
319HP at the wheels is massive from just a tune but is in line with figures at the FLY that APR quotes (238kW).

Jungleman, are your dyno figures at all 4 wheels or at the fly?
319HP at the wheels is massive from just a tune but is in line with figures at the FLY that APR quotes (238kW).

hey poli, its measured on a 4 wheel dyno, see photo

IMG_0544.jpg

but looking at the dyno graph it states flywheel, so youll have to allow for some correction bias, again id say its worth looking for an independent dyno graph rather then what they quote and looking at the smoothness of the curve (always better to be safe then sorry) from what i know of APR they have a rather unusual view on customer service and that alone puts me off them, tho seeing some of their vids on youtube does make their cars look pretty rapid.

For mapping, if you fancy trip over the bridge try southwestincartech based just off M4 junction 19 (Bath) use celtic tuning software, a map will set you around £290 off top of my head, very smooth with nice gains to boot.