Audi S3 MAF readings

Agric04

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi could someone give me some advice as to wheather or not I my maf sensor is reading correctly.

The print out shows a run I did a run in 4th gear the other day. I'm just feeling the car is lacking a certain oomph and I'm suspecting the maf sensor but not sure if the readings I have are normal or not. Only had the car a couple of months and although I have vagcom I'm not very experienced with it.

My S3 is a completely standard 2001 AMK 210 bhp

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mafreadings.jpg

Need to do it in 3rd gear to as close as you legally/safely can to the redline to get a decent log mate... log blocks 002, 020 and 115 initially...

<tuffty/>

Ok here's a new log I have just done in 3rd gear up to red line from 2600rpm. What's your opinions? Thanks

S3MAFLog.jpg

BAMs = 225, AMK = 210, which is good because the AMKs fall into a lower tax bracket and are effectively a detuned BAM which means more money for mods less for the government :thumbsup:

AMK's are 210bhp and BAM's are 225ps (221bhp approx)..

Your airflow is a little low... std 210's do around 180g/s... maybe the MAF is on its way out but not knowing the state of the rest of the car I won't just recommend you get one unless you know for sure its not been replaced in a while...

Remap won't help as you are down on power due to a problem... remap won't fix that... boost is about right for std car, you may have a boost leak or vacuum leak... so next thing is to check pipes under inlet mani etc and make sure all the clips are tight... you can also check block 032 after a logging run or after a drive (make sure engine is up to temp before logging anything) and see what the fuel trims are doing... anything more than +/- 10% indicates you may have an prob... normally the first value will be a high + number if you have a vac leak...

<tuffty/>

maf looks some 30g/s down on what it should be reading and your CF timing pull is high for a std car... no doubt linked to the maf under reading

I would get a new one (genuine bosch)

Thanks guys, will go and rob the maf off my mums tt tomorrow and see what difference that makes as I know the maf on that was replaced last year so should be good.

That is very low readings I would say for a standard car. When mine was completely standard it would pull about 175g/s now I can pull 190+ with a dodgy MAF with stage 2 mods on a OEM map.

Well I tried the maf off my mums TT 225 and I get even lower results!!!

I know this maf is less than two years old and has covered probably less than 15k miles as it was changed by Jabbasport when the car had one of their generic maps installed. What's the chances that both maf's could be bad? Is there anything else that would cause the maf readings to come in lower than expected?

Thanks

Mafreadings3.png

What's the best way of finding a boost leak? Should I just give it to jabbasport and ask them to do a smoke test or whatever it is that you do to track down a boost leak? Or is there a particular pipe that is common I should check? Thanks

BUMP

Apologies for hijacking this thread lol however, I've logged a maximum of 156.75gs..I'm guessing this must either mean a faulty MAF or a boost leak ?

FIRST PULL
140GS.jpg

SECOND PULL

156.jpg

Although I didn't follow the '3rd gear' pull as I did not discover the thread at time of testing, I will however give it a little go tomorrow morning on my way to work

Last edited: