Audi S3 lease - mods

Never handed a car back usually always sell it privately as i have spent so much on it and its a much more desirable looked after low millage car :whistle2:

Never handed a car back usually always sell it privately as i have spent so much on it and its a much more desirable looked after low millage car :whistle2:

That's the main thing here mate, if the person knows you've done bits to it then they accept the responsibility as you did when/if you modded it :icon thumright:

Reactions: Marky-s3
I must say though, having previously modded my last 2 cars. I don't see any problems so long as you make it known to the buyer as has been said, whether it's put back to standard or not - ultimately it could be somebody like us that buys it and finds out the hard way when the time comes, being able to buy an S3 or any car used doesn't necessarily mean you've got £000's sitting aside for a major repair.

There were a couple of issues with the R32 when I sold it (cv joint on its way out was one) which I made known as I wouldn't want to buy a car in good faith only to find out the owner knew things were failing- maybe that's just me but I believe honesty is the best policy. I'd hate to buy a car that's been modded with no knowledge only for it to by me in the a*s
100%, nothing against modding but it should be open and honest, not put back to stock for warranty issues or to sell on.

Reactions: Tom.H
'you don't own your car if its on PCP' my car is on PCP and my name is on the logbook.....

If you're terrified of buying a car that may have been modified in the past then don't by a second hand car.

My 2p's worth.

Not everyone is in the same position to just go out and buy a brand new car. Not at S3 levels anyway.

Your name may well be on the log book, but until you buy it outright, it doesn't belong to you.

Not everyone is in the same position to just go out and buy a brand new car. Not at S3 levels anyway.

Your name may well be on the log book, but until you buy it outright, it doesn't belong to you.

Appreciate that, I’m on a pcp myself.

I modded a TT with spacers, lowering springs and took the badges off. Audi were aware when I returned it on pcp. They returned it to stock and sold it as Audi approved.

I modded a TT with spacers, lowering springs and took the badges off. Audi were aware when I returned it on pcp. They returned it to stock and sold it as Audi approved.
I'll bet audi didn't tell the new owner.
Don't spacers put extra strain on the wheel bearings and accelerate wear?
How would the new owner stand if a bearing failed two years down the line?

No I don’t think they did tell them.

If it failed then they would have to get it repaired themselves.

No I don’t think they did tell them.

If it failed then they would have to get it repaired themselves.

Audi approved comes with 1 year warranty so if they did sell it as approved they shouldn't have had to worry for a year really.

Car was also only one year old when I gave back. So new owner bought with two years warranty. Audi had checked the car over and obviously good enough for them to sell as Audi approved.