Audi S3 induction kit

adam_may

Reaction score
Hey I'm new here picked my 2007 S3 up at the weekend, got to say I am loving it!

I am after a induction kit, just wondering what people would recommend?

will I get any whooshing or chatter with the induction kit fitted?

I will be getting a stage 1 map asap too.

Thanks
Adam

Ive just bought my S3 too, ive bought a Revo intake so will let you know what its like. They do give some chattering with an open filter which i like! I have just fitted a Milltek which doesnt sound much louder from inside the car, so if its sound your after dont go rushing buying an exhaust.

Hey I'm new here picked my 2007 S3 up at the weekend, got to say I am loving it!

I am after a induction kit, just wondering what people would recommend?

will I get any whooshing or chatter with the induction kit fitted?

I will be getting a stage 1 map asap too.

Thanks
Adam

The best current ones are:

Revo.
AMD.
ITG.

All are very good products,and will work up to and including a Stg4 BT car,like mine,and I have the less than pretty ITG kit on mine.

I had a Revo induction kit fitted yesterday along and it is louder than I expected.

Is that a good louder or a bad louder!!?

I also have the revo intake it was quite noticeable at first basically hear it sooking lol but sounds pretty good tbh if you get it order yourself the tt engine cover and stray it satin black from halfords makes under the bonnet look real tidy

Reactions: mechanic69
I also have the revo intake it was quite noticeable at first basically hear it sooking lol but sounds pretty good tbh if you get it order yourself the tt engine cover and stray it satin black from halfords makes under the bonnet look real tidy

Quite noticeable... Mine is very noticeable but maybe that's because I'm running Stage 2+

Have you got any pics? I will be ordering a TT engine cover next week. Where's the cheapest place to get one?

Quite noticeable... Mine is very noticeable but maybe that's because I'm running Stage 2+

Have you got any pics? I will be ordering a TT engine cover next week. Where's the cheapest place to get one?

Get one of these instead......shiny shiny....

Reactions: S. and Forbzeeee
Cheers for the info guys. Think I may go for the revo intake. I am after lots of noise! I would like it to chatter rather than just a woooshing dump valve sort of noise tho.

Reactions: Revo Steve-W
You get all the noises, including whooshing dump noises.
Also increase your power by about 16bhp.

Cheers for the info guys. Think I may go for the revo intake. I am after lots of noise! I would like it to chatter rather than just a woooshing dump valve sort of noise tho.

You won't get the wooshing dump valve noise.

When the turbo is wound up a bit,you will get some noise from compressor surge,but not the noise that the old Subarus and Cosworths used to make.

Love my REVO, got it for 310 and you only notice the noise when you are going for it. Lovely whooshing and chattering around 3000-4000 revs nice. Don't really notice it when cruising. was worried about the noise but worth it.

The ITG is kind of functional rather than remotely good looking....

Revo does look good.

It also works,which is not something you can say of everything.

This is number for revo that I have 01327 301901 Steve joiner I think is the guy I spoke with mind the get the heat protected one as it's not much more expensive 😊

I wouldn't bother with the heat coated one, the benefits are minimal on a fast road car.

Heat coated Revo one is £100 more isnt it?

Really not worth that in my opinion!

I bought powdercoated one for £310 delivered yesterday via Ebay. Theres more available you just make an offer- theyre advertised at £350 with best offer.

Just rang revo and they said they will have some intakes at gti international so I'll be purchasing one while I'm there, hopefully with some kind of discount!

I bought powdercoated one for £310 delivered yesterday via Ebay. Theres more available you just make an offer- theyre advertised at £350 with best offer.

Did same best 310 I've spent for a while.

I think the ceramic is £75 more. Ebay matey rejected my offers which were £310, £320 and £330. I then emailed and he offered me a good price.

Either way its the best one I've bought yet.

Fitted my Revo today and to be honest its a lot quieter than i expected, im assuming its as its standard map because my stage 2 Golf GTI 2.0tfsi fitted with Neuspeed intake sounded mad compared to the S3! Just because its standard boost?

a5e4uhu6.jpg

Fitted my Revo today and to be honest its a lot quieter than i expected, im assuming its as its standard map because my stage 2 Golf GTI 2.0tfsi fitted with Neuspeed intake sounded mad compared to the S3! Just because its standard boost?

a5e4uhu6.jpg

Good job Gaz get it mapped

Stage 1 make them a lot quicker and noisier? Ill be going stage 2+ at some point in the near future, the expense and job of doing a clutch is whats putting me off but ive a feeling mine will struggle with stage 1 never mind stage 2+!

Stage 1 make them a lot quicker and noisier? Ill be going stage 2+ at some point in the near future, the expense and job of doing a clutch is whats putting me off but ive a feeling mine will struggle with stage 1 never mind stage 2+!

stage 1 is but a mere wafer thin mint

Reactions: S3Alex