Audi S3 Flatspot between 4 & 5000 RPM

Naoise Enright

Reaction score
Hi All

I have a lovely 1999 Audi S3 and when I rev it there is a very notable flatspot between 4 & 5000 rpm. After that he powers on again and flies through the red line. It over revs too when I accelerate hard and when I change gear at around 5,500 revs the engine over revs again. A breather hose was replaced a year ago or so by Audi main dealer but that was on inspection and not via the ecu. The ecu did not show up any faults so I’m a bit lost. Any direction would be great appreciated. Regards Naoise

Attachments

• 3A09B308-6A82-4DF2-BE56-1ACE4F48FDB2.jpeg
    3A09B308-6A82-4DF2-BE56-1ACE4F48FDB2.jpeg
    822.1 KB · Views: 232
Hi All

I have a lovely 1999 Audi S3 and when I rev it there is a very notable flatspot between 4 & 5000 rpm. After that he powers on again and flies through the red line. It over revs too when I accelerate hard and when I change gear at around 5,500 revs the engine over revs again. A breather hose was replaced a year ago or so by Audi main dealer but that was on inspection and not via the ecu. The ecu did not show up any faults so I’m a bit lost. Any direction would be great appreciated. Regards Naoise
Hi, I have a 2001 (AMK) S3 and have had numerous problems including issues with the revs. I have learned that air leaks can cause allsorts of issues. I would get a smoke test to make sure there are no leaks, as over time I,ve had N249 delete, various pipes replaced and the N75 valve replaced due to leaks, none of which showed up on a VAG scan. Good luck

Sent from my SGP712 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tj 0785
Thanks guys, to the three of you I really appreciate this and great to see the passion for this wonderful car. I’ll definitely look into each and everyone of your comments and revert back. Thank you so much again. Regards Naoise (Donegal Ireland)

Got the clutch switch replaced and it has transformed the car. Thanks for the help. Flat spot now next target. I’m sorry but I put the flat spot message again and I shouldn’t have. Thanks
Naoise

I’m not sure, but I purchased a N75 valve too and I’ll have that fitted soon. Let’s see what will happen then

Thanks
Naoise

I have the exact same issue with flatspotting on the same rpm. Would love to gear if the n75 did the job...

Hi

Sorry for delay in getting back, The N75 didn’t make much difference and the flat spot is still there. I have had the car in storage since March but it will be coming out for the winter soon.