Audi S3 driver window won't come down

ceS3r

Reaction score
So, I was in the car wash today and the guys that wash the car got my door wet, but just on the bottom side of the door panel, with the hose. I didn't try to lower the window to like 3 hrs later (Because if you roll down the window when wet, it will get wet when you roll it up and the car was clean). To my surprise, the window won't roll down. If I try to hit the up switch you can see the dashboard lights dim a little and you can hear the motor trying to get the window up (which is already up) and then it stops, perfectly normal and makes me believe the motor is good. But when I hit the down switch it does nothing. I can barely hear a very low click sound whenever I press the switch, and when I release it. What could be? The passenger window is fine btw. Did the motor got wet? Some fuse maybe? I didn't find any fuse related to the windows but I did read somewhere that there's like a big fuse beneath the steering column, but if this fuse is bad, wouldn't both windows not work?

Thank you in advance.

Pop the door trim off and take a look! Could be a failed motor, waster in the plug etc I wouldn't imagine having it cleaned has done it, more like a badly time coincidence

So.... I disconnected the battery today, waited like 30 mins and connected it again. VOILA! The window now works like a charm... Thank you for the response Greg-S3