audi s3 down pipe flexi

s3jrh

Hi there, my 2001 s3 recently started to give off a vibration up through the arm rest and the exhaust sounded burst when i revved it, but this only happens sometimes like after going over a bumpy road, so we have come to the conclusion its the front flexi and i was wondering if any one could tell me what size one is so i can order one and weld it in, replacing the fexi is cheaper than replacing the whole downpipe so i was just going to do that.
any advice greatly appreciated! cheers, Ross!

s3dave

TFSI Hybrid
Supporter
Is it a 3 inch downpipe? as they get pretty close to moving parts/chassis, i think it is unusual for these to fail, and maybe blowing manni/turbo or loose sheilds.

s3jrh

its just the standard down pipe thats why im trying to find out the size:S Im not sure myself whats up we it but i had 2 mechanics in the car with me an thats what they suggested:/ And its kinda hard to diagnose as it only happens sometimes. Bit of a bummer as im trying to sell the car and also have a 600 mile road trip planed next weekend.

s3jrh

Hi there! Nope still not got it fixed yet:( and i think my head gasket is on its way put so worrying about that just now:(

Powelly

I think my A3's Doing the same, But im hoping to go Ko3s very soon so just gonna hold out and go to 3" Dp, I cant help you with the size but when you're planning to change it, Just chop it off, Measure it and buy the new one?