Audi s3 damaged suspension

AudiS

Reaction score
Hi Guys can someone help me with some information please this is an S3 with damaged suspension.Any idea how much it can cost to fix this here in the UK?Also,can a damaged suspension like this be repaired properly?
Please see the pic Many thanks for your help

Attachments

• 20200427_033015.jpg
    20200427_033015.jpg
    749.7 KB · Views: 328
£26.58 is my gues .

C'mon though... Be serious...you cannot see from one (poor) photo exactly what is needed.

Bottom arm, hub, shock, driveshaft, wheel, caliper could all be toast, among other things. As could the subframe or suspension body mounts. It needs stripping and a detailed assessment of each part carrying out.

It will be many hundreds of pounds using new parts, plus your labour charges.

Reactions: N.J.H, S32B, wab172uk and 1 other person
I don't think anyone can estimate cost just by looking at this low resolution photo.

But... Your tires looks flat if you ask me, you should get a whole new set if you don't want to make another crash.

I had a light tap to a kerb at around 15mph. The insurance job was over £4500. moderns cars are designed to fall apart on impact to absorb shock and save occupants/pedestrians.

Reactions: N.J.H
Go through your insurance company unless you want to fork out a 5 figure bill for repair.

Thanks everyone.My second question was, can suspension damaged cars be repaired properly?as some people say these car never get fixed and always give you problems after a repair.Any experience or thoughts please?

would need to see under it. If any damage to the subframe etc. Most damage like this can be fixed but its the cost of checking on jig etc.

is this yours or are you planning to buy a fixer? if the latter it would be a write off for a reason, twisted chassis etc,,,,,, You say that repaired cars can always be problematic - in this case yes it could always handle like poo unless rejigged which could costs into the 000's if the bottom arm mountings are not damaged and you can get the chassis dimensions measured its a start but I suspect that there will be misalignments once all the new kit is bolted up, I did a similar repair back in the day when I hedged an AXGT this car was never able to drive in a straight line again lol.
then there is the bumper and sill repair.....

i remember being driven to Livingstone for a Cult concert in one of those.. i remember it being very noisy and tinny lol.

seeable damage:
Steerring rack arm
Front fender
Hub (55mm for s3, some a3 have 50mm)
Rim
Drive shaft (are these s3 specific??)
Upper and lower control arm
Shock (55mm for s3, some a3 have 50mm)
Brake disks.

The brake caliper should be salvageble... but judge yourself

Unseen:
Gearbox may be damaged due to drivehaft
Steeringrack may be damaged
Subframe mounting to upper and lower control arm
Side skirt
Front bumper

I can see the 4500..

Best if this is your own car is to get to a good bodyshop and let hem meassure.
If subframe is ok then repair it. If not, leave it.

When subframe is ok: most parts arent this expensive. I am not sure, but you might get most parts from regular a3 .

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.My second question was, can suspension damaged cars be repaired properly?as some people say these car never get fixed and always give you problems after a repair.Any experience or thoughts please?

Suspention damage without replacing the subframe is nothing to worry about.
If you need to replace the subframe you could be save (it depents an the damage ammount). If only the arm mountings are damaged/bent/broken. Then you should replace it.
Any more. Leave it to people who know what they do.
Damaged framerails are specialized jobs requiring oem meassuring points and are for professional repairs.

As for this car: idd say take the gamble. Start by checking a3 and s3 partnumbers. You might get lucky..
Start with getting the car rolling. (hub driveshaft borrowed wheel and straighten the steerirng rack.) Then you can test gearbox and streering rack.
It should not cost more then a few hunderd.. Take all bolds too!

B4 everybody jells at me. Do this on a closed terrain! With working brakes. The car will be missalligned like hell...

If you cannot work on cars... Good luck!

Last edited: